Author Topic: Shugden worshipping Lama Yeshe now made into a Vajrasattva statue for worship??!  (Read 8214 times)

thaimonk

In FPMT's centre called Tushita in Dharamsala, North India, they have a statue of Lama Yeshe in the form of Vajrasattva with consort. Now the question is simple: If Lama Yeshe practiced Dorje Shugden, then he is a bad lama, so why doesn't FPMT stop the homage/respect to their founding father Lama Yeshe? If they trust him, they will go to three lower realms for worshipping Lama Yeshe who worshipped Dorje Shugden. And all statues of Lama Yeshe should be discarded from all their centres right? In fact, in nearby Gaden Choling Nunnery in Dharamsala, the nun's took their Dorje Shugden statue out of their main prayer hall where it was worshipped for decades and destroyed the statue in the garbage dump and jumped up and down on it to further desecrate it.

Furthermore they make a Dorje Shugden worshipping Lama Yeshe in the form of divinity as Buddha Vajrasattva. That is a double-whammy no right? Why is FPMT so contradictory? Why are they blind to this double standard?

If they wish to disassociate from Dorje Shugden lamas, they have to disassociate from their own centre-founding Lama who is Lama Yeshe. Everyone knows Lama Yeshe worshipped, trusted and believed in Dorje Shugden till the end of his life. Lama Yeshe is the one that founded FPMT, so they have to be clean across the board and be honest right? If disassociate, then do it all the way. They should have no pictures, statues and images of Lama Yeshe at all. They should not be making images of him as a deity (Vajrasattva) as that is even more wrong according to their stance against Shugden and Shugden Lamas.
Why encourage their members to worship a Dorje Shugden loving Lama like Lama Yeshe? That is what they are doing when they keep all his images in their centres around the world. They are sending the wrong message out. Lama Yeshe was wrong in their view to practice Dorje Shugden. Lama Yeshe broke his refuge vows by practicing Dorje Shugden. Lama Yeshe's lineage, teachings, initiations and commentaries are all corrupted because he worshipped Dorje Shugden. So they should ritually expel his images from their centres with immediate effect to be in the clean arena.

Dalai Lama said if you worship Dorje Shugden, no one should associate with you and you will go to hell. So how come FPMT still keeps a statue of Lama Yeshe in many of their centres? Is that not hypocrisy?

Photos attached: Lama Yeshe as Vajrasattva with Consort housed in Tushita Centre-Dharamsala and Lama Zopa praying to a statue of Lama Yeshe

For further reading:

FPMT Lineage Masters are Dorje Shugden Believers (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/fpmt-lineage-masters-are-believers-of-dorje-shugden/)

FPMT, Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/fpmt-dalai-lama-and-dorje-shugden/)

A True Inspiration: Claudio Cipullo (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/a-true-inspiration-claudio-cipullo/)

Fabrizio Pallotti (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/fabrizio-pallotti/)

Politically Correct at the Expense of the Lineage (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/politically-correct-at-the-expense-of-the-lineage/)

Lama Yeshe and Geshe Rabten (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/mail-out/lama-yeshe-and-geshe-rabten/)

The Broken Samayas of FPMT (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/the-broken-samayas-of-fpmt/)

The Questionable Policies of the FPMT (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/the-questionable-policies-of-the-fpmt/)

Lama Zopa admitted to being recognized by Dorje Shugden (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/others-old/lama-zopa-admitted-to-being-recognized-by-dorje-shugden/)

Recognized by Dorje Shugden, but Speaks against Dorje Shugden (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/recognized-by-dorje-shugden-but-speaks-against-dorje-shugden/)

Kopan Monks Asking for Dorje Shugden Puja for Lama Zopa (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/kopan-monks-asking-for-dorje-shugden-puja-for-lama-zopa/)

Dakini Healed Lama Zopa? (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/dakini-healed-lama-zopa/)

Who made Lama Zopa a Rinpoche? (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/who-made-lama-zopa-a-rinpoche/)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:31:32 PM by Admin »

thaimonk

Lama Zopa, who has received sogtae (initiation of Dorje Shugden) from His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, had said that:

"Lama (Yeshe) and I practiced Shugden for many years. That was always the main thing that Lama did whenever there were problems to overcome. At the beginning of every Kopan course, Lama always did Shugden puja to eliminate hindrances."

"My root guru, His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche; Pabongka Dechen Nyingpo, His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s guru’s root guru; His Holiness Zong Rinpoche, from whom many of the older students received the initiation of Shugden; and the previous incarnation of Gomo Rinpoche, who has a strong connection with Istituto Lama Tsongkhapa, here in Italy, all promoted the practice of Shugden."

Photos: 1) Teachings by H.H. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche to FPMT students. 2) As Lama Yeshe reached the end of his life, Kyabje Zong Rinpoche came to the hospital to do prayers for Lama Yeshe. Lama Yeshe was very devoted to Kyabje Zong Rinpoche and Dorje Shugden till the end.

Alex

• Email
Instead of purifying their negative karma when they make offering to the statue of Buddha Vajrasttava and do his practice, they are collecting immense negative karma for disparaging their guru's teaching and broke their samaya with Lama Yeshe. I wonder if the senior students in FPMT ever took their practice seriously? How can they no know that breaking their samaya with their Guru is no joke and they took it extremely lightly.

They even dare to condemn Dorje Shugden practitioners out there while still worshipping their Guru's statue on their altar who is one of THE biggest Dorje Shugden practitioners up until his death. They are worshipping someone that they reject. That is the act of hypocrites and they have the audacity to place their Guru's statue on their shrine.

The broken samaya of FPMT students clearly reflected on the reincarnation of their guru, Lama Osel. He is now disrobed and has no interest in monastic life. He prefers secular life over dharma and looks like he won't be able to contribute to Buddhism and FPMT like how Lama Yeshe did. Such manifestation from the Guru tells you clearly what kind of relationship that the students have with their Guru. Soon, Lama Osel will leave FPMT when the negative karma overwhelms the merit of FPMT to have their guru.

thaimonk

"The broken samaya of FPMT students clearly reflected on the reincarnation of their guru, Lama Osel. He is now disrobed and has no interest in monastic life. He prefers secular life over dharma and looks like he won't be able to contribute to Buddhism and FPMT like how Lama Yeshe did. Such manifestation from the Guru tells you clearly what kind of relationship that the students have with their Guru. Soon, Lama Osel will leave FPMT when the negative karma overwhelms the merit of FPMT to have their guru."

@Alex,

What you wrote above is exactly my opinion. I am not against Lama Zopa and FPMT. In fact before the Shugden ban, I use to respect and admire them very much. When their organization started to put up notices all over that they don't allow Shugden people in to their functions, I noticed the hypocrisy. I was turned off. Their senior members left. Their own founding Lama Yeshe is a Shugden person and now they are being all political and discriminating against the religion of their own founder Lama Yeshe. Why do they do this? So they can get into Dalai Lama's good books and ride on his fame to get more donations/members for their organization. You wonder why they don't want to get in the good books on the blessings of their root and lineage lineage Lama Yeshe? If they practiced Dorje Shugden liked Lama Yeshe, maybe Dalai Lama will not be happy, but the blessings are there as they continue the tradition of Lama Yeshe the founder of FPMT.  The blessings from him are more important then riding on the fame of Dalai Lama. If Dorje Shugden was deemed right by the founder Lama Yeshe, who are they to change that? Not everyone needs to follow Dalai Lama's ways. Dalai Lama is a human and he can make mistakes too. If Lama Yeshe can make mistakes, then so can Dalai Lama. Isn't that logical?

dsnowlion

Instead of purifying their negative karma when they make offering to the statue of Buddha Vajrasttava and do his practice, they are collecting immense negative karma for disparaging their guru's teaching and broke their samaya with Lama Yeshe. I wonder if the senior students in FPMT ever took their practice seriously? How can they no know that breaking their samaya with their Guru is no joke and they took it extremely lightly.

They even dare to condemn Dorje Shugden practitioners out there while still worshipping their Guru's statue on their altar who is one of THE biggest Dorje Shugden practitioners up until his death. They are worshipping someone that they reject. That is the act of hypocrites and they have the audacity to place their Guru's statue on their shrine.

The broken samaya of FPMT students clearly reflected on the reincarnation of their guru, Lama Osel. He is now disrobed and has no interest in monastic life. He prefers secular life over dharma and looks like he won't be able to contribute to Buddhism and FPMT like how Lama Yeshe did. Such manifestation from the Guru tells you clearly what kind of relationship that the students have with their Guru. Soon, Lama Osel will leave FPMT when the negative karma overwhelms the merit of FPMT to have their guru.

Yes indeed very sad...  nothing worst than stabbing your own Guru in the back after he is gone! How low can one get? If they really believe their Lama was mistaken and practised a demonic evil practice, then why did they not tell him so when he was still alive?

Why did they then take initiations from him and did all the puja and prayers with him and only after he is dead, they give up and break their commitments, wow talk about breaking samaya. And now they don't have Lama Yeshe's incarnation to teach and Lama Zopa who suffer from a stroke and falling ill all the time. Yet they still don't see how giving up on their Guru and their commitments towards their practice, has put them in such a ugly light and collecting very heavy negative merits.

It is scary to imagine what the future holds for FPMT and those that sided with politics over staying true to their Guru. Looks like they are more into politics and money than their Guru, the Dharma and benefiting sentient beings the right way.

It is very disgusting and sad to learn that Lama Zopa wrote a foreword for a book speaking against Dorje Shugden. I don't think Lama Zopa voluntarily did it, I think someone must have pushed him to do it and that someone must be on CTA's payroll. That's my guess.

dsnowlion

Sorry I meant to say negative karma - not merits because there is no such thing. It is negative karma that we collect and this is what FPMT is collecting daily with each day of broken samaya with their lineage master Lama Yeshe.

Attached are some pictures of Lama Yeshe’s cremation ceremony that was so kindly conducted by H.H. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche, who was a huge Dorje Shugden lama… so how come they believe and accept him then. Wouldn’t his prayers be tainted if he worshipped a demon? So sad to see these pictures and how ungrateful FPMT senior students can be... so much negative karma.

phyag na rlangs pa

This is so ridiculous. Lama Zopa and the present anti-Shugden FPMT regard their guru, Lama Yeshe, as Buddha Vajrasattva, but at the same time totally disregard their guru's Dorje Shugden practice, saying it is a mistake.

That's saying Buddha Vajrasattva makes mistakes, so why even believe in Buddhas at all?

Alex

• Email
Sorry I meant to say negative karma - not merits because there is no such thing. It is negative karma that we collect and this is what FPMT is collecting daily with each day of broken samaya with their lineage master Lama Yeshe.

Attached are some pictures of Lama Yeshe’s cremation ceremony that was so kindly conducted by H.H. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche, who was a huge Dorje Shugden lama… so how come they believe and accept him then. Wouldn’t his prayers be tainted if he worshipped a demon? So sad to see these pictures and how ungrateful FPMT senior students can be... so much negative karma.

I started to doubt what kind of teaching the senior students in FPMT are teaching to the newcomers now? If they, themselves do not understand the fundamentals of Tibetan Buddhism which is Guru samaya, what else can they teach the newcomers that will have the blessings of the lineage and holy gurus? Without the blessings from their Guru, there will be no result in their spiritual practice. It is a waste of time.

Due to their broken samaya with Lama Yeshe, the whole FPMT organisation will not have Lama Yeshe's blessings anymore. Even though they still have Lama Zopa to rely on, what will happen after Lama Zopa is not around anymore? Lama Osel certainly did not show any signs of taking over the organisation and he prefers secular life more.

I believe if FPMT does not repair their relationship with Lama Osel soon, he will choose to leave the organisation for good when the negative karma overwhelms the merit that FPMT has that supports them to have Lama Osel. Then, it will be only one way down. All the beautiful Dharma centres of FPMT around the world will not survive without the blessings of an authentic Guru and lineage. Even if they survive, it will not grow and the practitioners will not have high results.

Drolma

Don't tell me no one in FPMT is good in logic and debate. How can they give up Dorje Shugden practice and then at the same time keep Lama Yeshe's statue on the altar? When we give up the practice given by the guru, we are also giving up our Guru!

I am not sure what are these students thinking when they made the decision to give up Dorje Shugden practice. Dorje Shugden practice was very precious to Lama Yeshe who was the founder of FPMT. It was through his devotion to Dorje Shugden, FPMT manifested and Lama Yeshe's Dharma work flourished.

For the sake of fame and money, Lama Yeshe's students have forgotten how Dorje Shugden had helped them and their teacher. Not only they give up the practice, but they also create schisms in the Tibetan Buddhist community, this is very bad. They may not see the results of their actions now, but I am sure the result will be very bad.

Tracy

It was Dorje Shugden who helped with the manifestation of FPMT. Lama Yeshe was a very devoted Dorje Shugden practitioner, he did Dorje Shugden practice throughout his lifetime and rely on Dorje Shugden 100%.  Lama Zopa also said this himself.

If Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit, I believe Lama Yeshe would definitely not practice it and he would not pass it down to his students. We also must not forget, his gurus were also very devoted Dorje Shugden lamas and they were highly attained masters! They had produced many erudite Buddhist masters and they had great achievements. Is Dorje Shugden practice bad? Is Dorje Shugden harming people?

There are many monks in FPMT, don't they understand what guru devotion and samaya are? Don't they know their attainments come from the guru and we have to keep our samaya with the guru very clean? Maybe that is also the reason why there is no famous teachers in FPMT because they have lost the blessings from their lama.

Drolma

I started to doubt what kind of teaching the senior students in FPMT are teaching to the newcomers now? If they, themselves do not understand the fundamentals of Tibetan Buddhism which is Guru samaya, what else can they teach the newcomers that will have the blessings of the lineage and holy gurus? Without the blessings from their Guru, there will be no result in their spiritual practice. It is a waste of time.

Due to their broken samaya with Lama Yeshe, the whole FPMT organisation will not have Lama Yeshe's blessings anymore. Even though they still have Lama Zopa to rely on, what will happen after Lama Zopa is not around anymore? Lama Osel certainly did not show any signs of taking over the organisation and he prefers secular life more.

I believe if FPMT does not repair their relationship with Lama Osel soon, he will choose to leave the organisation for good when the negative karma overwhelms the merit that FPMT has that supports them to have Lama Osel. Then, it will be only one way down. All the beautiful Dharma centres of FPMT around the world will not survive without the blessings of an authentic Guru and lineage. Even if they survive, it will not grow and the practitioners will not have high results.

Does FPMT teach guru devotion to the students? What would they teach the students? They are not practicing guru devotion at all, it will be quite awkward to go through this teaching.

FPMT  has set a very bad example to the students. They are telling the students it is ok to abandon the practice given by the teacher and run to another lama. Their teaching deviates from the foundation of the Vajrayana practice. Their teaching is not pure!

Is FPMT really preserving Tibetan Buddhism? I think instead of preserving, they are destroying it. They are telling the students there is no need to keep the samaya with the guru, there is no need to have loyalty. It is fine to abandon the practice given by the guru and run to another lama who is more famous.

Alex

• Email

Does FPMT teach guru devotion to the students? What would they teach the students? They are not practicing guru devotion at all, it will be quite awkward to go through this teaching.

FPMT  has set a very bad example to the students. They are telling the students it is ok to abandon the practice given by the teacher and run to another lama. Their teaching deviates from the foundation of the Vajrayana practice. Their teaching is not pure!

Is FPMT really preserving Tibetan Buddhism? I think instead of preserving, they are destroying it. They are telling the students there is no need to keep the samaya with the guru, there is no need to have loyalty. It is fine to abandon the practice given by the guru and run to another lama who is more famous.

I dont think FPMT teaches about Guru devotion at all. Even if they do, they are only talking about theory and not practical. The fundamental basis of Tibetan Buddhism is Guru devotion. Without guru devotion, all there practices are pointless and waste of time because there will be no attainments without the guru's blessing and the blessings from all the lineage gurus.

FPMT is certainly setting a very bad example for everyone because they are famous and influential centres in the west. If the public sees that even without guru devotion, they are able to reach to the level that they are now. However, the inner circle will know that there is a huge problem coming their way and it will be not a good sight for them in the future. They might lose their Guru forever if they do not repair their samaya immediately.

Lama Osel which is the reincarnation of Lama Yeshe does not show much interest in monkhood and spreading Dharma. He is more interested in enjoying his secular world together with his girlfriend. This is a clear indication that the samaya between FPMT and Lama Yeshe is broken and the negative karma is causing Lama Osel to unable to spread the dharma aaad

Tracy

Lama Yeshe entered into the clear light at such a young age was really a pity. A high lama with his caliber could have benefited many people. His early death was probably a result of disharmony within FPMT.

Before Lama Yeshe passed away, he said harmony is very important and his students had to maintain the harmony in the center. This is very true, without harmony, an organisation will not be able to progress. However, the students did not listen to Lama Yeshe's advice. As a result, the students created the cause for Lama Yeshe to leave them.

For Lama Osel to not come back to FPMT, it might be the students do not have enough merits to have him back. Or perhaps Lama Osel does not want the students to create more negative karma knowing that the students are not going to listen to him. The students in FPMT must repair their samaya with Lama Osel if they want Lama Osel to continue to turn the wheel of Dharma. It is really up to the students, not so much of the lama.