Author Topic: The hidden message in the Dalai Lama's speech!  (Read 103792 times)

DharmaSpace

Re: The hidden message in the Dalai Lama's speech!
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »
For the Tibetans the Dalai Lama is their God King, his word is law and absolute. Anything said by the Dalai Lama is taken very seriously, and not taken trivially or treated frivolously.

Something many Western audiences enamoured by the Dalai Lama's imagery in the West, the romantic Shangri-La tibet, could have failed to grasp.

Celia

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »
What is apparent is the fact that Tibet is wrongly mystified by the western media. The Tibetan leadership likes to play on people’s sympathies by twisting anything to their advantage and they have been very successful in hoodwinking the masses due to the tinted lens in which the world has been influenced to view Tibet.

Hence, the Tibetan leadership has been getting away with all their shenanigans including the biggest one of all, the illegal ban against Dorje Shugden practitioners.

To put a perspective as to how heavy the bias is, basically, CTA has managed to pull of an unconstitutional religious ban for decades whilst pretending to be a democratic governing body and milking the world at large for donations to line CTA’s own pockets due to such wrong mystification.

Rowntree

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2018, 09:13:27 PM »
For the Tibetans the Dalai Lama is their God King, his word is law and absolute. Anything said by the Dalai Lama is taken very seriously, and not taken trivially or treated frivolously.

Something many Western audiences enamoured by the Dalai Lama's imagery in the West, the romantic Shangri-La tibet, could have failed to grasp.

The same applies to Bhutan. It was shocking to know that beyond the peaceful and beautiful landscape, and the National Gross Happiness index, are kings who are afraid of losing powers. They do not recognised most of the Zhabdrung Rinpoche's reincarnations, and have them assassinated, poisoned, imprisoned to life and put them under house of arrest. The first Zhabdrung was the founding father of Bhutan and his reincarnations are being treated in such brutal and cruel manner. The Bhutanese is nothing lesser than the Tibetans when it comes to brutality and cruelty. The current government is split into to main areas: spiritual and secular where the Je Khenpo is choosen to take on the role. The current 70th Je Khenpo has banned Dorje Shugden while the previous 69 of them did not. It is obviously a political move and he is not afterall merely managing the spiritual side of things. Read here to learn more http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy-of-the-10th-zhabdrung-jigdrel-ngawang-namgyal-pema-namgyal/ The Bhutanese seems to fear him like how the Tibetans do towards His Holiness.

I bet the Bhutanese King and Je Khenpo speaks like His Holiness with a lot of hidden and indirect messages since they were once Tibetans, though they are far behind when it comes to charisma and power. Imagine with all the scandals and dirty laundry people have been exposing the CTA of, they continue to receive aids in various forms, including financial aids without achieving anything after 60 years. This is the result of His Holiness' charisma and power. The Tibetans are nothing without His Holiness and they will nothing soon since there are already speculations that His Holiness is unwell and he may not remain for too long. Sangay is already spreading the rumours that His Holiness may announce his successor soon. As usual, he always look for opportunities to be featured in the international media.

We'll see what His Holiness do next. Every speech and move by him affects his followers, international politicians and the Tibetans greatly. He is seriously the most powerful spiritual figure on earth who can do so.

Celia

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2018, 10:53:05 AM »
The Dalai Lama has been known to show difference stances to Westerner Buddhist and Tibetans and the video shown is but one of the instances on record. Said it before and will say it again, it is utterly disappointing that foreigners particularly from democratic Western countries readily and immediately side with the Dalai Lama at face value and without much due diligence. It is in a way understandable (although not necessarily correct) for Tibetans in exile to exercise indoctrinated obedience. After all, it is owing to past environmental and historical factors plus in deeply religious society like that of the Tibetans, no one really overrules the Dalai Lama.

However, what is the excuse of those foreigners? Either they have political or economical hidden agendas OR they are ignorantly misinformed. Either way, the damage from such blindness or unwillingness to properly address the Dorje Shugden ban, is very severe. In short, the millions of aid given in good faith are being used to actually harm and hurt people – as it is used to fund discriminative activities towards people’s religious faith without any basis.

fruven

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2018, 11:50:47 AM »

There are six million Tibetans living inside Tibet who trust me. So, I have the moral responsibility to protect them as well. Although I gave up handling political matters since 2001, when I retired, I continued to be partially involved for the next 10 years. In 2011, I retired fully. Since childhood, I have admired democracy. Our old system of the Dalai Lama and regents has too much power vested in a few people. That is a mistake. The best thing is a democratic system. So I began work on creating a democratic system for Tibetans. We created the system of elected political leadership in 2001.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/society/india-is-our-aryabhoomi-dalai-lama/article24180001.ece

Very true. It doesn't matter what the Dalai Lama himself said about his role. For the Tibetans whatever actions and messages Dalai Lama conveyed is still the law from a Tibetan King. He is Chenrezig, the Buddha of Compasson. His influence and reputation don't diminished just technically he himself 'retired'.

On the other hand Lobsang Sangay continues to fly around the world doing his job to convince the Western world leaders that supporting Tibetan cause is supporting human rights hoping he can get financial aids. When can the West wake up to the fact that CTA under Lobsang Sangay is perpetuating the discrimination against Dorje Shugden group of practitioners?

Rowntree

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2018, 12:54:24 PM »
Very true. It doesn't matter what the Dalai Lama himself said about his role. For the Tibetans whatever actions and messages Dalai Lama conveyed is still the law from a Tibetan King. He is Chenrezig, the Buddha of Compasson. His influence and reputation don't diminished just technically he himself 'retired'.

On the other hand Lobsang Sangay continues to fly around the world doing his job to convince the Western world leaders that supporting Tibetan cause is supporting human rights hoping he can get financial aids. When can the West wake up to the fact that CTA under Lobsang Sangay is perpetuating the discrimination against Dorje Shugden group of practitioners?

Pathetic Lobsang Sangay is clearly on a world tour trying to revive ailing sentiments towards the Tibetan cause that is already a pool of dead water since a few years ago. After warning Canada not to fall into a trap as its trade relationship with China deepens. He asked Canada should be careful not to self-censor or turn a blind eye to human rights abuses by the Chinese government, which is a trend he said he has watched in Australia, who entered into a free-trade agreement with China in 2015. He said nothing about his suppression of Dorje Shugden practise and all the dirty jobs he has done and continues to do.

Now he is in Israel and equates support for the Tibetan struggle as an indication of a government’s stand for human rights, just like how he did in Canada earlier: “'Next time I will make a political visit and see how many people in the government and the Knesset will meet or not,' Sangay said. In some sense, Tibet is a test. If you meet with Tibetans, you are actually for non-violence, democracy and human rights." Do you see the hypocrisy in what he said?

Also, Sangay avoids commenting on Israel’s occupation of Palestine. Rhe nation of Palestine does not exist according to Israel, just like to China the independent nation of Tibet never existed. So how is China different to Israel and why speak of human rights and then sidestep taking a firm stance on the Palestinian issue?

Sangay says he has not sought meetings with higher level Israeli government officials when in fact he knows he would not be entertained. This is how he spends the US taxpayers money, going around creating schism between the country he visits with China while telling the Tibetans to be united in order for the Dalai Lama to return to Tibet. Can he not tell his method will only piss China off more?

https://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/From-Jerusalem-leader-in-exile-says-Next-year-in-Tibet-560776

Jushri

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2018, 01:22:12 PM »
Oh no no, he is not calling himself PM, that useless Sangay is calling himself "PRESIDENT". You didn't know? He changed the title HIMSELF. Can you imagine the nerve... yeah President to no land, no country and soon no people. He is disgusting with all his sexual scandals, why do you think that unqualified shorty Dhardon got her job. Put 2 and 2 together and go figure. The whole Tibetan exile community knows, nothing new. And what about that 1.5million he took to buy a useless office in DC. He did not even have to move office, not like they were expanding, and we're to proof, but he happily to revenge and fired his rival Penpa that cause a huge uproar and more division.

It seems like ever since he became Sikyong/PM/President whatever you wanna call it, Tibetans in exile and Tibetans in general's reputation and fate has gone downhill. Not only no one recognises him as the secular head, countries are closing their doors and budget for their Tibet Cause. I really do not see them lasting long, I personally think once the Dalai Lama returns to Tibet, they will be dissolved, that's the most natural thing to happen. So this is why whatever the CTA does is always contradictory to what His Holiness is saying. In front of the Dalai Lama is yes yes yes we'll follow your Umaylam but behind they do everything the opposite. How not to irritate China? This time Dalai Lama does not have long and if he does not get to return to Tibet and passes away in exile, you'll know who's fault is it and it ain't Dorje Shugden's. Don't blame it on Shugden. What do you think? Will CTA last and what will happen when the Dalai Lama returns to Tibet?

President?? Seriously? It's even worse than I thought! I smell megalomania in this Sikyong.

I share your sentiments. Once HHDL goes back, CTA will be finished. Besides, I don't think the current batch has what it takes to run the country anyway. They are just good at lining their pockets and having fancy titles. Imagine for people without even a real country are telling other countries how to run their country? it's such a joke!

See it here - https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/include-ancient-indian-traditions-in-education-system-says-dalai-lama/articleshow/63873945.cms
Jushri

kris

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »
You know what is the best part? The best part is, now HH Dalai Lama said He wants to go back to China, and that it is OK for Tibet to be part of China, then all Tibetans just say OK without question. I'm not asking the Tibetans to go against HHDL, but it is this type of "no-question" or "dare-not-question" attitude which is fully abused by their ministers. I must say the government is excellent in training them not to think, and now the ministers are taking full advantage of the situation.

Now the Lobsang Sangay is saying that Tibet is a yardstick of democracy. What a lot of bull, because Tibet in exile does not even practice a bit of democracy. Where is yr religions freedom? Where is the accountability? Where is yr transparency?

I maintained what I said before. If Tibetans don't know (or refuse to) how to think for themselves, they are the ones who will be milked by their ministers, and they have no one else to blame except for themselves.

Joo Won

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2018, 02:09:56 PM »

There are six million Tibetans living inside Tibet who trust me. So, I have the moral responsibility to protect them as well. Although I gave up handling political matters since 2001, when I retired, I continued to be partially involved for the next 10 years. In 2011, I retired fully. Since childhood, I have admired democracy. Our old system of the Dalai Lama and regents has too much power vested in a few people. That is a mistake. The best thing is a democratic system. So I began work on creating a democratic system for Tibetans. We created the system of elected political leadership in 2001.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/society/india-is-our-aryabhoomi-dalai-lama/article24180001.ece

I read this line in the news: “For journalists it is more difficult to access Tibet than North Korea,” so it is difficult to publicize the story of what is happening there, Sangay said. “If you really want to know about China, you have to know about the Tibetan narrative. If you do not understand the Tibetan story you will not understand what China is capable of..."  ::)

For many of Dorje Shugden people, "If you really want to know about CTA, you have to know about the DORJE SHUGDEN issue. If do not understand the Dorje Shugden ban and conflict, you will not understand the what CTA is capable of"!

It's kind of disgusting to read what Lobsang Sangey talks about how he feels for the Tibetans for losing their country and not able to return to for 60 years...And more unbelievable is CTA seems doesn't matter to take another 60 years as their timeline to return to Tibet :'( because he compared Tibet cause with Jews to build their own country after two thousand years.   :'( :'(

phyag na rlangs pa

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2018, 04:05:32 PM »
Have you guys seen this?

Sikyong is in Israel and the report from Jerusalem says:

Born in India, the soft-spoken man leads a people without a country. Like Sangay, they are inspired by the Jewish nation’s return to their homeland, as they campaign for autonomous recognition from China.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

“We always look for hope. If the Jewish people can do it, we Tibetans should be able to do it too,” Sangay said.

Instead of identifying with the Palestinians who are the group under occupation and which is in line with the narrative of the Central Tibetan Administration. He instead identifies with Israel, the occupiers.

For someone who's so hung up on 'human rights', he sure doesn't say anything about human rights violations in that region of the world.

The irony is so thick, I don't know whether to cry or to laugh.

I guess he sees being friendly to Israel is a way to get into Trump's good books and budgets.

The article is here: https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/From-Jerusalem-leader-in-exile-says-Next-year-in-Tibet-560776

dsnowlion

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2018, 07:57:01 PM »
Have you guys seen this?

Born in India, the soft-spoken man leads a people without a country. Like Sangay, they are inspired by the Jewish nation’s return to their homeland, as they campaign for autonomous recognition from China.

“We always look for hope. If the Jewish people can do it, we Tibetans should be able to do it too,” Sangay said.

Instead of identifying with the Palestinians who are the group under occupation and which is in line with the narrative of the Central Tibetan Administration. He instead identifies with Israel, the occupiers.

For someone who's so hung up on 'human rights', he sure doesn't say anything about human rights violations in that region of the world.

I guess he sees being friendly to Israel is a way to get into Trump's good books and budgets.

The article is here: https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/From-Jerusalem-leader-in-exile-says-Next-year-in-Tibet-560776

This is a huge bloody joke! The Sikyong making friends who are one of the biggest culprits in breaching Human Rights. How come he never bothered to comment or rather sidestepping in addressing Israel’s occupation of Palestine? To Israel,  the nation of Palestine does not exist and this is the same as China that sees the independent nation of Tibet never existed.

So how is China different from Israel and why talk about human rights and ignore the Palestinian issue?
Oh wait, I guess they have something in common then!

Alex

• Email
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2018, 02:01:54 AM »
Have you guys seen this?

Thats so obvious that the Sikyong here is trying to get into Trump's good books for more donations and funds. What else will he be benefited from saying that ? He is only interested in the money and he will say anything just to get it.

Sigh. Tibetan will suffer because of this kind of attitude in the government. A government that only thinks about money and neglect the people's welfare. Being 60years in exile, Tibetans are still the same like 60years ago. There is no improvement at all despite of millions and billions of money donated to CTA. How is it possible for the Tibetan settlement camp remain as it is 60years ago ? The money has to go somewhere. I guess we all know where it went.

This is very sad. Tibetans are being abused by their own government while they fight for their own country by putting their lives on the line.

Rowntree

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2018, 04:37:01 PM »
Thats so obvious that the Sikyong here is trying to get into Trump's good books for more donations and funds. What else will he be benefited from saying that ? He is only interested in the money and he will say anything just to get it.

Sigh. Tibetan will suffer because of this kind of attitude in the government. A government that only thinks about money and neglect the people's welfare. Being 60years in exile, Tibetans are still the same like 60years ago. There is no improvement at all despite of millions and billions of money donated to CTA. How is it possible for the Tibetan settlement camp remain as it is 60years ago ? The money has to go somewhere. I guess we all know where it went.

This is very sad. Tibetans are being abused by their own government while they fight for their own country by putting their lives on the line.

What do you think that makes the Dalai Lama's hidden message effective in the first place? Of course people who are ignorant and refused to think. They are trained not to think just like the Bhutanese as the Bhutanese said themselves. Serfdom produces followers, unfortunately, 'brand-dead' type in a way, so a few gets to control them and get them to do what they want. The Tibetans have always been a chip for the Tibetan leadership, nothing more, nothing less. Their benefits are not priority but those in power are.

dsnowlion

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2018, 12:32:42 AM »
What do you think that makes the Dalai Lama's hidden message effective in the first place? Of course people who are ignorant and refused to think. They are trained not to think just like the Bhutanese as the Bhutanese said themselves. Serfdom produces followers, unfortunately, 'brand-dead' type in a way, so a few gets to control them and get them to do what they want. The Tibetans have always been a chip for the Tibetan leadership, nothing more, nothing less. Their benefits are not priority but those in power are.

OH my my that coming from another Bhutanese sure is good to know. This just evidence that the CTA has been brainwashing so many people and deceiving so many people, which we already knew. I hope more "educated" Bhutanese, as well as Tibetans, would actually speak up and tell the truth about the disgusting CTA so that we can expose them and stop all the suffering so many have to endure because of the ban on Dorje Shugden. All the CTA does is collect more negative karma to go to the lower realms, their office should by right seize operations!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2018, 07:16:58 PM »
Since we are on the topic of Bhutanese, hope many more Bhutanese will wake up to the fact that following the CTA and the Dalai Lama to ban Dorje Shugden is the worst thing they could ever do for themselves.

In fact it is very bad move to follow CTA's policy, and all they stand for, What has the CTA really done for the Tibetan people after 60 years of being exiled.