Author Topic: Samdhong Rinpoche Caught Lying Again  (Read 3799 times)

Celia

Samdhong Rinpoche Caught Lying Again
« on: February 06, 2018, 06:10:29 PM »

There is now confirmation that the Dalai Lama’s personal envoy and ex-Prime Minister of the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) lied about his visit to China. Professor Samdhong Rinpoche’s trip, which was reported by no less than five news platforms and verified by the current head of the Tibetan government-in-exile, Sikyong Lobsang Sangay, was flatly denied by Samdhong Rinpoche two weeks after news of his secret travels broke.

However, just over three weeks later, Samdhong Rinpoche’s denial was exposed to be false by Jayadeva Ranade, a former officer of India’s Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), the primary foreign intelligence agency of India set up to closely monitor foreign threats to the country, including any from China. The former RAW officer revealed that Samdhong Rinpoche would certainly have met with senior Chinese officials including Xi Jinping’s appointee to The United Front Work Department, which is the very department set up by the Chinese Communist Party to manage Tibetan affairs. Therefore, given the reliability of the source of information, it is safe to say that Samdhong Rinpoche’s denial was disingenuous.

The rest is in the article here:http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/samdhong-rinpoche-caught-lying-again] [url]http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/samdhong-rinpoche-caught-lying-again[/url]

Disturbing that (i) being caught lying is a pattern with those highly influential in the governing of Tibetans in exile and (ii) apparently such immoral lying tends to go unpunished even when caught.

Another example of a similar previous incident but same unpunished outcome would be when Lobsang Sangay lied about his 2005 trip to Beijing and Shanghai.  He vehemently denied that he had in 2005, traveled on Chinese papers i.e. he declared himself a Chinese “overseas national” while continuing to hold a Tibetan refugee identity card issued by the Indian government. Only when he was confronted with irrefutable evidence in 2011, did he fess up.

Begs the question why is it that such severe defect is allowed within CTA when any other self-respecting democratic establishment would not have accepted such severe breach of integrity. It is seriously high time for people to demand that these “upper echelons” of Tibetan leadership get their act together and not let them off the hook by holding such "leaders" accountable for their actions.

Brian Little

• Email
Re: Samdhong Rinpoche Caught Lying Again
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 01:10:04 PM »
I think people in Tibet or Tibetan exile look at the Tibetan Leadership that highly these days. As you are reading this, there are more and more scandals and exposè made public to the Tibetan world. People don't generally talk about it openly those days but you hear little bit here and there from time to time. I personally do not think Tibetans are that trusting on their so called government anymore especially when their leaders caught lying time and time again. There must be a shake up within the 'cabinet' in order to win back the lost trusts and start making up with Chinese government.

Celia

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 07:37:47 AM »
I think people in Tibet or Tibetan exile look at the Tibetan Leadership that highly these days. As you are reading this, there are more and more scandals and exposè made public to the Tibetan world. People don't generally talk about it openly those days but you hear little bit here and there from time to time. I personally do not think Tibetans are that trusting on their so called government anymore especially when their leaders caught lying time and time again. There must be a shake up within the 'cabinet' in order to win back the lost trusts and start making up with Chinese government.

Agree with Brian Little that shake up is necessary and hopefully the encouraging trend of people especially Tibetans calling CTA out on CTA’s gravely inappropriate actions  (such as the likes of Mr Dhamchoe Nyima http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/brave-mr-dhamchoe-nyima-is-tired-of-tibetan-government-in-dharamsala/ etc) continues for the betterment of the future of fellow Tibetans.
Some links to reports of Tibetans who broke away from a stifling tradition of suffering in silence to openly and directly spoken against their leadership’s illegal and undemocratic acts: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/tibetans-are-protesting-their-own-exile-government-regime-again/ ; https://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/tibetans-speaking-up-against-the-cta/ ; http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/tibetans-reject-tibetan-leadership/

Pema8

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 10:49:05 AM »
There have been so many examples where the Tibetan Leadership was caught lying and it is so disappointing that a so-called government in exile treats their people so badly.

But in fact it is no surprise as they can lie about the Buddha Dorje Shugden and all the Dorje Shugden practitioners have been cut off from living a decent life but are not to receive medical care, work and education. Even food they cannot provide for themselves within the Tibetan communities, overviewed by the CTA, the Central Tibetan Administration. 

So, there is no surprise that they go on and damage the Tibetan community and of course lying to us all!

Rowntree

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 01:49:48 PM »
You would wonder why Sanmdhong Rinpoche have to lie about it. I wonder too. What is so secretive about making a trip to China unless there are plans to make political arrangements. I would never think that a monk's trip would be a political one until I learn about the Dalai Lama and the history of Tibet. Perhaps denying the trip is a political move to take the attention away from the incapable kashag or to make arrangements for the 150,000 Tibetans in exile to be returned to where they belong, including His Holiness the Dalai Lama.