Author Topic: Dorje Shugden is a "YIDAM" ?????  (Read 13444 times)

Q

Re: Dorje Shugden is a "YIDAM" ?????
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 11:53:05 PM »
To Q

You stated, "I wonder if sending a petition would fly".
Why don't you and in fact why don't we all send a petition to Tsem Tulku and the Gameng Oracle.
I've giving you their email addresses.
If as a result of our actions Dorje Shugden's empowerment and sadhana as a YIDAM occurs we can all tell our grandchild we had a small part in it.
What KARMA do we create for ourselves if we DO send a petition?  What KARMA do we create for ourselves if we DON'T????

Hey man, don't mean to burst your bubble. Anyone and everyone's free to do and think what they wish, and if anyone would like to send petitions, I have only good words and my best wishes to them.

However I don't particularly think a petition at this time is sufficient to bring about a Dorje Shugden yidam practice, especially if we're confident that the practice would benefit many, would it actually come so 'easily' by sending an email. I would think perhaps the end of the ban or people working harder and find various methods to see an end to it would be the right time when Dorje Shugden's sadhana come into existence... after all, there's really not much point of making DS a yidam if half of all Buddhists in the world think he's a 'demon'.

But then again, this is just my opinion.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 04:33:54 AM »
Dorje Shugden, my precious Dharma Protector who are the same nature as my Guru and Yidam; who are the same person as my Guru and Yidam, but who has the specific function of a Dharma Protector, please listen to my request:

The lineage Gurus of the glorious Ganden Oral Lineage have praised you as a Dharma Protector who functions as a Dharma Protector, and though they explain you are the embodiment of the Guru And Yidam, they mean that the Guru-Deity has manifested as you, the Dharma Protector who protects the Ganden Oral Lineage, not that your aspect is explicitly used as a self-generation Yidam practice or that you have completion stages other than the ones already revealed in the Oral Lineage, which are the very ones you Protect because they are sufficient and powerful and blessed. The lineage Gurus have also praised the tantras of Heruka and Vajrayogini as the supreme Tantra for this degenerate age and that no other Tantra surpasses them. Therefore, I beseech you to bless the minds of your followers will develop deep unshakeable faith in the Ganden Oral Lineage and in the tantras of Heruka Father and Mother, that they will stop being distracted from going deeply into the trainings that experience will show them directly what you've been protecting. Lacking faith in the transmission the lineage Gurus have given, they do not regard the teachings as sufficient to produce the results you protect, and in their discontent, rather than spending what little time they have left practicing what they've received, they constantly seek new teachings, and so they don't understand what you protect, or why you protect it, until finally the years of their life are spent and their opportunity lost. Bless them to have faith, then protect this faith that it may urge them deeply into the experience of the whispered lineage. Through the merit of good intention and prayer, may people have the power to focus on their training.

VeronicaSmith

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 04:15:54 PM »
Dorje Shugden is a Yidam. He is enlightened. He is a protector. Dorje Shugden has always been a Yidam and he has never been a "demon". This debate has been happening for a long time but I do believe that he is a yidam and protector. He is the true king of the protectors, he is enlightened, he is not demon and he is a yidam.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »
Yes Veronica, he is the nature of the Yidam, but his aspect and function is a Dharma Protector.

Yes he is a manifestation of wrathful Yamantaka, but Yamantaka is the aspect relied upon for generation and completion stages of the Yidam, and Dorje Shugden is not, therefore, he is exclusively a Dharma Protector who is the nature of the Guru and Yidam but functions to protect the lineage and realizations of the Guru-Deity.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 04:47:11 PM »
Could we the followers of Dorje Shugden resolve to pray that this will be the year (2017) that Dorje Shugden is elevated to the position of "Yidam".

We can then all say that Dorje Shugden is our Buddha, that Dorje Shugden is our Yidam and finally that Dorje Shugden is our Dharmapala.

That is something to pray for in 2017.