Author Topic: Dalai Lama contradicting himself, again  (Read 11482 times)

DS Star

Dalai Lama contradicting himself, again
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:44:05 AM »
HH the 14th Dalai Lama has great followings on Facebook. I find these statements he posted still contracting his actions towards Dorje Shugden's practitioners:

“Today, as we wish each other a Happy New Year, let us determine to be more sincere, compassionate, warm-hearted human beings, trying to make our world a more equal place. That way we'll actually make it a happy year.” Dalai Lama’s Facebook post on January 1, 2014

“I consider non-violence to be compassion in action. It doesn’t mean weakness, cowering in fear, or simply doing nothing. It is to act without violence, motivated by compassion, recognising the rights of others.” Dalai Lama’s Facebook post on January 13, 2014

Why then is he not recognising "the right" of people to practice Dorje Shugden?

yontenjamyang

• Email
Re: Dalai Lama contradicting himself, again
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:38:45 AM »
The Dalai Lama is a good politician. He knows PR very well and has good PR. On one hand he project his compassionate side for all in the world to see while on the other he commits the crime of discrimination against Shugden practitioners which is the majority of Tibetans.  He wants the world to regard him as a monk but treat Shugden practitioners as pariahs.
He is "against" sectarianism but he is propagating the exact thing he is support to be against. It is okay for him to be sectarian so as long as it is his version.

This is a hallmark of a dictator!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 10:36:39 AM »
I don't think that the Dalai Lama is a good politician - otherwise Tibet would not be in the situation it is in today. Which is under Chinese rule and a smattering of Tibetans all over the world. All the years that the Dalai Lama was head of the Tibetan Government in Exile (TGIE, and now known as the CTA - no longer a government), he did not achieve much except for being a pawn for the Western governments concerned over China's growing economic might and their own position. So the Dalai Lama has become a pawn on the world's stage and it is not really his fault. He just happened to be there. He was also not an elected government official but had that position thrust upon him, poor chap. And he is doing the best he can. Which would have been alright by me EXCEPT for this Ridiculous ban on Dorje Shugden!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

lotus1

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 09:22:09 PM »
Yes, throughout the years, we can notice a lot of contradictions in HH Dalai Lama’s speech and actions on Dorje Shugden matters (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/contradiction-in-the-dalai-lamas-public-statements/).

On one hand he promotes compassion and non-violence, but his recent speech regarding Dorje Shugden issue during the Jangchub Lamrim teachings at Sera Monastery on 28-December-2013 again has instilled a lot of hatred to the Dorje Shugden practitioners. (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/27-minute-speech/ )   >:(

After his speech, the mind of the attendees of the teachings was disturbed and no longer peaceful until it has caused an old monk being harmed after his speech.  Kungo Sonam Rinchen’s response on HH Dalai Lama’s speech is very logical and powerful.  (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/video-response-to-dalai-lamas-speech/ )

dondrup

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 08:42:10 AM »
As a Nobel Peace Award winner, the spiritual head of Tibetans, a highly attained lama, an emanation of Chenresig, HH Dalai Lama is someone highly respected by many. However, HH Dalai Lama's actions toward Dorje Shugden practitioners are utterly wrong and simply could not equate to what he had taught about equality, non-violence and compassion. HH Dalai Lama had until today not changed his stance on Dorje Shugden and the ban thereon.

Anyone who can think logically, would definitely not trust a person like HH Dalai Lama who has no integrity, no  principle and who has lied about Dorje Shugden!

We hope the World would step in quickly to stop HH Dalai Lama and CTA from causing more harm to the Dorje Shugden practitioners.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 09:19:41 AM »
I have heard in the past dharma teachings in monasteries are taught by highly attained lamas and in some of the teachings some monks did actually attain some realization from the teachings. How wonderful!

Now, fast forward to present time. I wonder if such attainments may be realized by monks who attend the Dalai Lama's teachings. It seems most times when the Dalai Lama gave teachings the issue of the ban on Dorje Shugden was brought up. If I were in such an event, I would have just left. I know it would be very difficult for any sangha member to do so. But if the Dalai Lama can say his gurus were wrong re Dorje Shugden, then I can safely also say that the Dalai Lama was also wrong in saying his gurus were wrong. The Dalai Lama was the one who opened the 'box', not me.

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 02:42:56 PM »
I though the mission of this website is to educate people on the authenticity of Dorje Shugden and not a anti-Dalai Lama campaign. I know one could argue it's the same thing but I disagree. Calling HH The Dalai Lama a hypocrite and a liar is just as contradicting because you are directly criticizing the a holy monk and a Buddha. I came onto this website to leant about Dorje Shugden not to listen to people attack the Dalai Lama.

I thought the mission of this website is as stated follow:
"This website, an ongoing work in progress, is dedicated to the glorification and deeper appreciation of the name and holy work of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, who by peaceful, increasing, subjugating and wrathful means spreads in this world the general and profound teachings of the Buddhadharma that can dispel all suffering and its causes. We believe that what may sound contradictory today, will be revealed as skilful means in the future."

fruven

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »
It is important to remind ourselves of guru devotion. We follow our guru's advise, teachings, commitments and practices given to us. It is not wrong to support that Dorje Shugden. The ban should be lift on the grounds of religious freedom but it is wrong to criticize HH Dalai Lama. If we understand Dharma we know that what we see negativity in others in our own perceptions. Even the holy Buddha, people can see negativity what else the human form of enlightened lamas. Therefore those who 'know' Dharma should not support Dorje Shugden ban but voice against it based on valid reasoning. Why is the ban becoming bad or negative? Because there are people who without Dharma understanding acting out on the ban and harm others. If less and less people support the ban. Then the ban will cease to exist.

fruven

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »
One should also aware that HH Dalai Lama has been giving his all to Tibetans since his first incarnation. Read his autobiography. He has given so much to Tibet. If these actions and deeds do not come from compassion, love for others, what else is?

Turning away from Chenrezig is turning yourself away from compassion to yourself and others. Check and reread the articles here. Chenrezig is doing a service to all sentient beings by introducing Dorje Shugden to combat our delusions and illusions.

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 04:17:11 PM »
His Holiness is surely trying to spread the wider teachings of the Dharma as contained within the Tibetan tradition, it's just that on this issue things can get more than a little heated for sure. I myself believe him to be Chenrezig in human form, so I cannot fault him in any way. They way i look at the situation is that this is part of some divine plan to spread the teachings even further. Yes there have been causalities on either side, but maybe it is for a bigger purpose. Even the Bodhisattva kings of Tibet had to be brutal in their approach to unite the country in order to preserve the teachings as it was transmitted in its entirety from India,  where it was virtually destroyed. There was a purpose behind it, but i'm sure those in the midst of the wars and reformations had different opinions and could not understand what was truly happening. I pray that when the ban is finally lifted, we will be able to know a least a little of what it was really for.

As for the world oblivious to his contradictions. I  think people see what he stands for en masse, and need a hero to admire on the world stage, they see in him all that is virtuous. Most people would think you somewhat crazy if you were to tell them about his contradictions and some others would even get defensive. I've seen it happen myself, coming from people who aren't even Buddhist. I would probably have reacted the same way, but my Dharma brother who explained this to me, did so i'm a way where I was able to keep an open mind, and make a decision rationally and logically. Once that is done, you understand that what is being promoted by the CTA is utter falsity.

Rihanna

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 02:02:27 AM »
“I consider non-violence to be compassion in action. It doesn’t mean weakness, cowering in fear, or simply doing nothing. It is to act without violence, motivated by compassion, recognising the rights of others."

My my! Then please explain why was Gen Chonze, the long time assistant of Trijang Rinpoche was brutally attacked by five men!!! What has that old monk done?? And all this happened while HHDL was teaching Jangjub Lamrim in Sera talking about compassion???? Is this non violence???? I rest my case, in disgust.

BTW, for those of you who are not aware of the incident, here is the link:
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/cta-creates-violence-again/

pgdharma

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 04:50:21 AM »
HHDL is not practicing what he promotes; peace and non violence. How can he say " trying to make our world a more equal place" when he is against Dorje Shugden practice. Are DS practitioners treated equally? I doubt so. The recent incident of Gen Chonze who is more than 80 years old and a long time attendant of Trijang Rinpoche was attacked when HHDL was giving a teaching in Sera Monastery! HHDL stance  against DS has incited CTA to create so much violence and hatred towards DS practitioners! So many DS practitioners suffer because of the ban, they have no freedom to practice and are deprived of human rights!!!

Matibhadra

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 02:42:43 AM »
The recent incident of Gen Chonze who is more than 80 years old and a long time attendant of Trijang Rinpoche was attacked when HHDL was giving a teaching in Sera Monastery!

Or, more precisely, was attacked when the evil entity was inciting hatred in Sera Monastery.

lotus1

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
@ gbds3jewels, I believe most of us here still respect HH Dalai Lama. However, we also need to point out that there are a lot of contradicting statements made by HH Dalai Lama on Dorje Shugden. By pointing out the facts, especially on the contradictions, we hope that more people will think further if HH Dalai Lama really meant to ban Dorje Shugden? Or HH Dalai Lama has some divine plan to spread Dharma to other people? By stating the facts and truth, we do hope that CTA can see the overall pictures and do not harm any more Dorje Shugden practitioners.
May all practice the teaching of Buddha to have compassion to all sentient beings!

Matibhadra

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
I believe most of us here still respect HH Dalai Lama.

Funny, but I believe that most of us here are pure Dharma practitioners, and therefore have zero respect for pseudo-gurus teaching violence.

By stating the facts and truth, we do hope that CTA can see the overall pictures and do not harm any more Dorje Shugden practitioners.

If so, the “CTA” will never see anything, because there is no fact and no truth in glorifying the evildoer dalai as a “Dharma teacher”, “His Holiness”,  “Chenrezig”, or the like.