Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Chapel Trode Khangsar  (Read 4880 times)

icy

Dorje Shugden Chapel Trode Khangsar
« on: October 15, 2013, 05:34:52 AM »
In the 17th Century, the Fifth Dalai Lama had Trode Khangsar built in dedication to the Protector Dorje Shugden.

The main image inside was also commissioned by the 5th Dalai Lama. By the end of the 17th Century, the Fifth Dalai Lama’s Regent Desi Sangye Gyatso entrusted Trode Khangsar to Riwo Choling, a Gelug Monastery.

Today it is in full use and located behind the main Chapel of Jowo Buddha or central Cathedral of Lhasa just off the? main circumambulation circuit or barkor. 

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/places/dorje-shugden-chapel-lhasa-tibet-built-by-the-dalai-lama/

In the face of Chinese modernisation in the capital of Lhasa which is underway many old buildings at the bakore area are demolished.  Would anyone know if Trode Khangsar would be affected?  Trode Khangsar chapel was built more than 300 years ago is just about 8 minutes walk from Jokhang Temple.  We hope this piece of treasure could be protected under UNESCO. 

Matibhadra

Re: Dorje Shugden Chapel Trode Khangsar
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:23:26 AM »
Probably not. And Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction either. Let's not play in the hands of geopolitical hatred propagandizers and build hysteria on unconfirmed, probably unreliable “news”.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:44:22 AM »
A forum member directed me to this posting online, which I thought I'd post it here.

Trode Khangsar Chapel in Lhasa, Tibet

Over 400 years ago a great and learned lama Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen was famed in Mongolia, Tibet, Nepal and China for being very saintly and compassionate. He resided in his residence (Zimkhang Gongma Ladrang) in Drepung Monastery. His root guru was H.H. the Omniscient 4th Panchen Lama and his close dharma brother was the 5th Dalai Lama.

The 5th Dalai Lama and Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen had a very close and dharmic relationship and often went to receive teachings together from the 4th Panchen Lama. They were close in age. They both became very learned and well known. During this time, the Dalai Lama was enthroned as a Dharma King of Tibet. But more people went to see Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen for teachings, initiations and divinations. This made the attendants of the 5th Dalai Lama feel threatened that Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen’s fame might usurp the power of the 5th Dalai Lama. So they had a khata forced down his throat. At that moment, Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen dissolved his psychic winds and generated the wish to be a great guardian of Buddha and Tsongkapa’s teachings. As his consciousness dissolved, he entered ‘bardo’ as a dharma protector of the highest order (jikten depey sungma). Many signs were seen throughout Lhasa at this time and the earth was said to have shaken in Lhasa. This event was already predicted to Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen’s previous incarnation when he was one of the 8 main disciples of Lord Tsongkapa the Supreme Master and he served Tsongkapa directly by building Gaden Monastery.

When the 5th Dalai Lama heard what his scheming and power-hungry attendants had done, he was very distressed. He was very sorry Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen was murdered and dishonored as he was a great dharma master. The 5th Dalai Lama composed an apology to Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen. In Lhasa, tens of thousands gathered for the cremation of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen’s holy body. During the cremation, the 5th Dalai Lama’s apology was read out at which flames spontaneously arose from the body of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen commencing the cremation. From the body, during cremation, a powerful whirlwind of smoke tunneled into the sky for all to see as this was an indication Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen’s consciousness has arisen as the Dharma Protector Dorje Shugden. The Dharma Protector Setrap immediately recognized this new protector Dorje Shugden and ‘enthroned’ him as a powerful Dharma Protector in the realm of the Buddhas. From this, Setrap and Dorje Shugden are closely connected and very close working hand in hand always. After the cremation, the great 5th Dalai Lama built a Dorje Shugden chapel on the spot the cremation took place and named it Trode Khangsar. The 5th Dalai Lama commissioned the statue of Dorje Shugden in this chapel and had monks installed in the chapel to do continuous propitiations to Dorje Shugden. Trode Khangsar Chapel was a commemoration to Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen who was wronged and also a celebration of his consciousness arising as the World Peace Peace Protector Dorje Shugden.

This Trode Khangsar Chapel still exists now in Lhasa where many make pilgrimages there. It is in good condition and was recently renovated. It is over 400 years old and a testimony to the respect the Great 5th Dalai Lama had to Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen who arose as Dorje Shugden.

I have visited this holy chapel in Lhasa years back. I’ve never heard of it till I was in Lhasa and by chance, I was told about it which I was happy to visit. I could not find the place but strangely a bunch of pilgrims from Amdo told me they would show me how to get there in Lhasa.

This short video is a short clip of this holy Trode Khangsar Chapel in Lhasa today commemorating Dorje Shugden, built by the great 5th Dalai Lama. The great 5th Dalai Lama even composed a prayer to Dorje Shugden which is still available today and we can recite to invoke the blessings, protection, and assistance of World Peace Protector Dorje Shugden.

Tsem Rinpoche

Trode Khangsar – A 400-year-old Dorje Shugden Chapel in Lhasa
http://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/dorje-shugden/trode-khangsar-%E2%80%93-a-400-year-old-dorje-shugden-chapel-in-lhasa.html

Dorje Shugden Chapel Built by the Dalai Lama in Lhasa, Tibet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTybDwTeLAM

The 5th Dalai Lama’s Prayer to Dorje Shugden

HUM
Though unmoving from the sphere of primordial spontaneity,
With wrathful turbulent power, swifter than lightning,
Endowed with heroic courage to judge good and bad,
I invite you with faith, please come to this place!

Robes of a monk, crown adorned with rhinoceros leather hat,
Right hand holds ornate club, left holds a human heart,
Riding various mounts such as nagas and garudas,
Who subdues the mamos of the charnel grounds, praise to you!

Samaya substances, offerings and torma, outer, inner and secret,
Favourite visual offerings and various objects are arranged.
Although, previously, my wishes were a bit dense,
Do not stop your powerful apparitions, I reveal and confess!

Now respectfully praising with body, speech, and mind,
For us, the masters, disciples, benefactors and entourages,
Provide the good and avert the bad!
Bring increase like the waxing moon in spiritual and temporal realms!

Moreover, swiftly accomplishing all wishes,
According to our prayers, bestow the supreme effortlessly!
And like the jewel that bestows all wishes,
Always protect us with the Three Jewels!

From: http://www.dorjeshugden.org/practice/the-5th-dalai-lamas-prayer-to-dorje-shugden

Prayers in Tibetan from: http://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/dorje-shugden/the-14th-dalai-lamas-prayer-to-dorje-shugden.html

There is a post of Trode Khangsar in Tibetan as well: http://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/dorje-shugden/trode-khangsar-tibetan-%E0%BD%A6%E0%BE%A4%E0%BE%B2%E0%BD%BC%E0%BC%8B%E0%BD%96%E0%BD%91%E0%BD%BA%E0%BC%8B%E0%BD%81%E0%BD%84%E0%BC%8B%E0%BD%82%E0%BD%A6%E0%BD%A2%E0%BC%8D-%E0%BD%A3%E0%BE%B7%E0%BC%8B.html

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 01:37:39 PM »
I really cannot understand why are there so many sayings that H.H. Dalai Lama never recognised Dorje Shudgen as a protector. Yet, having Trode Khangsar as a chapel to Dorje Shugden and the prayers that was composed for Dorje Shugden by the 5th Dalai Lama. So with that as evidence, why is it that others cannot accept the fact that Dorje Shugden is indeed recognised by the Dalai Lama in the past.

The existence of Trode Khangsar is the greatest evidence that any one can look for showing that indeed Dorje Shugden is an emanation of Manjushri and that he is an enlightened protector.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 01:30:14 PM »
Thank you Vajraprotector for sharing the article on Trode Khangsar chapel in Tibet. It is interesting to know that the Dalai Lama have worshipped Dorje Shugden in his previous lifetimes. There is a prayer to Dorje Shugden written by the 5th Dalai Lama too. Just as a reincarnation would continue his works from previous life, there is also a beautiful prayer composed by the 14th Dalai Lama to Dorje Shugden. Here is the link to the prayer called Melody Of The Unceasing Vajra.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/prayers/dorje-shugden-prayers/melody-of-the-unceasing-vajra-by-the-14th-dalai-lama/

There must be more to our surface observations when we ask ourselves how HHDL composed this beautiful prayer to Dorje Shugden and then later on declared Shugden as a spirit. Whatever the reasons it may be, I only pray that he would lift the ban on Shugden practice soonest.

pgdharma

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 07:43:50 AM »
Trode Khangsar Chapel in Tibet is a living proof that Dorje Shugden is an Enlightened Being and the Dalai Lama has worshipped Dorje Shugden in his previous lifetime. The 5th Dalai Lama even composed a prayer for Dorje Shugden. How can Dorje Shugden be bad now when He is so highly respected by the 5th Dalai Lama? Dorje Shugden was practiced for many hundred years without any problem, so why now the ban.?The ban is baseless and the reasons given for the ban are illogical.

SabS

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 02:56:58 PM »
I agree that Trode Khangsar Chapel and the Dorje Shugden statue within is the very proof that the 5th Dalai Lama had considered Dorje Shugden to be enlightened. He had even written a praise in honour of Dorje Shugden as the powerful Protector. What more, the 11th Dalai Lama had together with the Qing Amban, Reting Rinpoche, the Dorje Shugden oracle and various monks held a grand ceremony in the courtyard of Trode Khangsar, and the pandit’s hat (an offering from Emperor Dakhong was placed over its doors. Then we have that praise written by the 14th Dalai Lama to Dorje Shugden. It would seem that from the 5th Dalai Lama until the middles years of the 14th Dalai Lama, all the Dalai Lamas had been practicing Dorje Shugden.

So it is really no reason for the ban place on Dorje Shugden by the 14th Dalai Lama. As such with his recent statements of Dorje Shugden not harmful to his life and we have the freedom to practice, I guess he is softening his stance leading to the eventual full lifting of the ban. May his CTA officials and followers adhere to his wishes and stop all persecutions, segregations and attacks on Shugden practitioners immediately.