Author Topic: No one direct our fate - Stephen Hawking  (Read 13878 times)

Matibhadra

Re: No one direct our fate - Stephen Hawking
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
Still, Hawking insist on the lack of an afterlife, which was the point of the original poster, and of other posts showing how silly and thoughtless was his computer analogy.

fruven

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
What is addressed in his documentary is merely that a creator of universe doesn't exist.

Also that an afterlife does not exist. The funny thing is that in Hawking's mind the lack of a creator god somehow implies the lack of an afterlife, while it should be precisely the opposite. Then he came with the silly analogy of the computer.

What he probably wants to say is that that there is no mind apart from matter (the millenia old Charvaka view). The other funny thing here is that, apart from a wrong imagination within the mind, there is nothing to be called “matter” -- understood as that which does not depend on mind.

Anyway, this whole story shows how much unbaked thoughtless dogmatism manages to transvestite as “science” -- and to be accepted by many as such.

If there is no mind the word should be remove from the language itself. I never heard people say they are thinking with their brains. People would said they are thinking with their mind. What I had in mind and so on. Being mindful and being mindless.

However I admired Stephen Hawking is brave enough to voice his conclusions from his thinking although it does have many unanswered questions.

Matibhadra

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »
However I admired Stephen Hawking is brave enough to voice his conclusions from his thinking although it does have many unanswered questions.
[/quote/

Indeed. He has the guts to oppose the big-bang pseudo-scientific dogma, invented in order to give pseudo-scientific support to the Jewish ex-nihilo creator “God”.

Matibhadra

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 10:48:38 PM »
Just an edit of my previous post.

Indeed. He has the guts to oppose the big-bang pseudo-scientific dogma, invented in order to give pseudo-scientific support to the Jewish ex-nihilo creator “God”.