Author Topic: New Truth Revealed!!!  (Read 8625 times)

hope rainbow

Re: New Truth Revealed!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »
Doing always comes with a risk of wrong-doing.
Not-doing is better than wrong-doing and far worse than doing.

Robert Thurman may have said silly things about Dorje Shugden's practice indeed, misleading a large number indeed.
This is the big probem of being a famous figure, we have a power that must be utilized only with great refection and intelligene, or not utilized. In doubt, better not use this power... I do hope that the Dalai Lama fixes this and lifts the ban
in a skillful way, he could ask his followers to embrace all practioners, he could rehabilitate Dorje Shugden as the enlightened gelug protector. When he does that, I would like to see how his students explain the apparent shift...

Separate the stable from the unstable?
I never thought of that actually... Another facet of the skillful means of His Holiness.
The stable will practice with intelligence and devotion, and the unstable will practice with devotion... So both do collect merits?

After all, the students that blindly gave up on the practice of Dorje Shugden fulfilled 4 things that should bring about merits;
(A) they follow an instruction from their Guru, without analsyis, without intelligence, without looking broader, but they still follow.
(B) they participate to make Dorje Shugden closer to the many that are "against" the Dalai Lama.
(C) they make Dorje Shugden parctitioners stronger both inside and outside the Tibetan community, because it forces these practitionners to be more educated about their practice, to be more certain about it, to be more faithful.
(D) they particpate to make Dorje Shugden famous in many places.

So do they collect merits on the above ground, or do they loose?
I am not sure of the reply, but I would be inclined to think that they do collect some merit, as a result of the highly skillful means of The Dalai Lama, by the power of his instructions.
Though, I would add that those that went overboard and did more than what was asked may cetainly not collect merits. I mean the Dalai lama did not ask for discrimation, nor did He ask to close access to hospitals for DS parctitioners, He did not even ban them from attending some of his talks... These are actions done by zealous people assuming too much, not clarifying anything.

Lets take for example, Robert thurman. he even begged for Dorje Shugden's sogtae from Domo Geshe Rinpoche who did not grant him (well, he saw it coming) and now he defected to the Dalai Lama's camp and wrote a lot of nonsense about Dorje Shugden and passing them as facts. He was even a monk before but for a year but flipped back to be a layperson. you can read the whole story here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/the-two-faces-of-robert-thurman/

Although in some way they are 'promoting' Dorje Shugden, at the same time they do also mislead many people about Dorje Shugden and that alone would generate a lot of negative karma, perhaps neutralized by them following the Dalai Lama's instructions. Dont forget the politicking and attacks against other Dorje Shugden Lamas that they also do.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »
Doing always comes with a risk of wrong-doing.
Not-doing is better than wrong-doing and far worse than doing.

Robert Thurman may have said silly things about Dorje Shugden's practice indeed, misleading a large number indeed.
This is the big probem of being a famous figure, we have a power that must be utilized only with great refection and intelligene, or not utilized. In doubt, better not use this power... I do hope that the Dalai Lama fixes this and lifts the ban
in a skillful way, he could ask his followers to embrace all practioners, he could rehabilitate Dorje Shugden as the enlightened gelug protector. When he does that, I would like to see how his students explain the apparent shift...

That is something that would be pretty impossible to happen because it is already pretty firmly established in the minds of the Dalai Lama supporters that Dorje Shugden is bad, he harms the Dalai Lama's health and the worst part is that they will only believe in one side of the story whereby that they think that Dorje Shugden is the Satan of Buddhism and refuse to see otherwise. If they refuse to see otherwise now, what makes you think they would see otherwise when Robert thurman praises Dorje Shugden? it is going to take more than just a scholar or two to correct the damages from this ban.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 07:44:25 AM »
"Another indisputable truth revealed! Read how Dorje Shugden assisted the Great 13th Dalai Lama and the proof is in the exiled Tibetan Government's OFFICIAL printing press itself!!!

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/dorje-shugden-assists-the-great-13th-dalai-lama/"

It is often that mentioned by the 14th Dalai Lama that the great ones, the 5th and 13th had texts written that they were against the worship of Dorje Shugden.

As for the 5th Dalai Lama, much had been revealed that He was not against Dorje Shugden and even built a Chapel in Shugden's honour, hand crafted DS image and also a prayer written for DS.

Read the quoted link and you will also find out that the 13th Dalai Lama was also a DS practitioner.