Author Topic: The power of mantra - Guru Mantra  (Read 16333 times)

Manjushri

Re: The power of mantra - Guru Mantra
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »
Since your Guru is the root to all your attainments, reciting your guru's mantra is just as powerful. Without your guru, you would not meet the Buddha, the Dharma or the Sangha. You wouldn't be able to practise any yidams, or might not even hear the Dharma. Therefore with a clean Samaya alone with one's guru, one can gain siddhis and attainments, ward of negative energies, seek of protection, invoke efficacious help.

Thanks for the article, it was very knowledgable. Anyways, too bad for me I can't find a guru over where I'm at..so whenever I'm feeling uncomfortable or just need a little blessing, I recite Dorje Shugden's mantra. It always makes me feel alright instantly.

Tenzin Malgyur

Re: The power of mantra - Guru Mantra
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 04:00:35 AM »
Yeshe Tsogyal described the behavior of future sentient beings (that's us) so accurately. She have also requested a teaching on how these future sentient beings should rely on a guru to guide them. I have been taught that our guru is the one who is the most kind to us. He is the one who will guide us not just in this lifetime but in all lives until we reach enlightenment. Thank you so much DSFriend for sharing this article with everyone here. With this knowledge, I am sure more people can do their Guru's mantra with more conviction and faith. And also it is very important for students to keep their samayas with their guru clean by following the Guru's instructions always.