Author Topic: Tibetan prisoner paralysed after severe torture, released  (Read 14192 times)

ilikeshugden

• Email
Re: Tibetan prisoner paralysed after severe torture, released
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 02:27:39 AM »
Thank you, wisdombeing for giving awareness on this piece of sad news.

I really appreciate the freedom I have in the states. I can practice openly cos you are in the states but many monks and lay people who are living in Tibetan settlements cannot.

I do not plan on becoming a monk yet, I think that it would be easy to become a monk in the states. I believe that I am very fortunate I was not incarnated in the Chinese-occupied Tibet. We should appreciate the fact that we are able to practice Buddhism and Dorje Shugden freely in our homes.

We should feel compassion towards those monks who were tortured as they had their previous lives karma to be affected by the chinese occupation. I guess that they are still stuck in samsara.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
It is bad enough to inflict pain on another being, what more inflicting it on a monk.  What were they thinking of?  Brutality in prison is not some new news. They just took it upon themselves as part of their daily "work" - someone gets slammed behind bars, refuse to co-operate with the so-called laws, beat the daylights out of him to squeeze information.  How brutal.

Poor guys; they did not understand the law of karma.  All the more reason why we should pray for the ban to be lifted, so that the dharma may flourish there.

Big Uncle

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 08:43:41 AM »
The Chinese are geniuses at inflicting pain and the reason why they torture the monks so much is because they are unable to indoctrinate them. The Chinese want only one thing - they want the Tibetans to desist resistance and affiliation with their spiritual leader Dalai Lama. That is precisely what the Tibetans won't do because they belief in the Dalai Lama is unshakeable.

The more they torture, the monks have immense spiritual will power that often surprise the Chinese. Hence, they inflict unimaginable tortures upon the Tibetans. Some psychologists today are examining the freed Tibetan prisoners and leave baffled and amazed that they were able to leave prison with a sane mind. The tortures that they had endured would have not only scarred the body but the mind as well.