Author Topic: How do we measure the success of a Spiritual Organisation?  (Read 12505 times)

bambi

Re: How do we measure the success of a Spiritual Organisation?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »
There are many indicators that can measure the success of a Spiritual Organisation

1.  The number of temples and properties they own
2.  The number of followers
3.  How learned/knowledgeable their followers are
4.  The types and number programs they run
5.  How active they are in community service
7.  Public opinion on their contribution

6.  How harmonious the followers are among each other
I believe this is the most important as it will push each other to be better (transformation) in every way. How to do something when everyone else is selfish and ignorant? It is a spiritual organisation, other people will always find issues and say things that are not true. It should not deter us from the actual reason we are in Dharma. The other 6 indicators will not work if there is no harmony among everyone and especially if they do not follow the Guru's instructions and devote themselves all the way. Its from Guru devotion that understanding and selflessness arise.

In your opinion, which would be the ultimate determinant of the success of a Spiritual Organisation?

buddhalovely

• Email
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »
I personally think it's not about numbers because being a success does not make you happy and he needed to learn that being happy makes you a success. When you seek security, while fearing challenges, you will not find peace on a mental or spiritual level because you will never find your authentic life or way of serving your love to the world. The entire reason for life is so that we can experience love. That is my opinion. And when you experience love you are a spiritual success and to make a successful spiritual organisation, both the internal and external people of the organisation must feel the same way.

ratanasutra

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »
If from worldly view is should be from the number of followers and how learned knowledgeable their followers are same like other organization with we measure how they successful base on these.

For me the success of a spiritual orgaization should come from how benefit people receive from the organization either by their daily practice, spiritual activities ie meditation class, yoga etc and communities activities which lead to the improvement of their life style ie more happy, get along with other, more kind, harmony, and always ready to help other.