Author Topic: Choden Rinpoche- A disciple of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche  (Read 13193 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Choden Rinpoche- A disciple of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 09:53:32 AM »
Dear Dorjenima,

Thanks for your feedback about Choden Rinpoche. I'm sorry that he is publicly saying that he is not practising. He is a student of HH Trijang Rinpoche and HH Pabongka Rinpoche as well as HH Dalai Lama. In the threads, it says that his root Guru is the Dalai Lama so since the Dalai Lama has banned the practice, i guess he has to follow his root Guru's instructions, despite his two other main Gurus being DS superstars! What a difficult position to be in.

I hope that he is just publicly saying that he is not practising but is privately continuing the practice.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 11:34:46 AM »
I hope that he is just publicly saying that he is not practising but is privately continuing the practice.

Huh? I'm puzzled. It seems that you are hoping that he is lying, that he is a liar? If you do not hope that a Buddhist Teacher lies, or that Buddhist Teachers lie, then what are you saying here?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »

Huh? I'm puzzled. It seems that you are hoping that he is lying, that he is a liar? If you do not hope that a Buddhist Teacher lies, or that Buddhist Teachers lie, then what are you saying here?

On the contrary, my dear Zhalmed Pawo, I am hoping that he is keeping his samaya with his Gurus.

Just because someone says he is not practising doesn't mean he is not. And i personally believe that it's not because they are lying. One of the best examples i think of is HH Gaden Trisur, who said he did not practise and encouraged people not to practise while he was in office and then only declared after. I heard - not confirmed, but someone told me - that he was advised by DS through oracle that he should remain quiet about his practice until after he finished his term. This makes sense to me, whether it is true or not. Anyway, how can any of us make a judgment on HH Gaden Trisur whether he was lying when he said he did not practise??

So I am not saying HE Choden Rinpoche is lying, definitely not. How dare I call any Sangha member a liar when i am a mere amoeba in Dharma.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Barzin

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »
Pardon my ignorant.  This is the first time I read about H.E Choden Rinpoche.  What a highly accomplished monk.  I really like really this article especially the routine and the daily life in the monastery.  This allow us to have a sneak peak on how the monks were trained and how so many highly attained monks were produced each year.  Choden Rinpoche is indeed an inspiring figure.  Not only he meditated in secret for many years, he mastered both sutra and tantra perfectly.  Most important of all, I was really inspired when he meditate on no scriptures, altar or any holy items.  All just in the mind.  This shows that mind training is important, and its the path to strive for enlightenment.  Another great master has showed us signs in achieving attainments and enlightenment.  Wonderful!