Author Topic: Gutor Festival at Shar Gaden  (Read 21995 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Gutor Festival at Shar Gaden
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 04:22:54 PM »
I found this article (http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=2723) about the torgya ritual in 2010. I was told that Gutor is just the name for the torgya ritual which is done during Losar.

The article has photos of a torgya ritual in 1945! How cool is that! The article also mentions that there are many spectators.. i hope that one day, I'll have the good karma to be able to witness or even participate in one of these festivals!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DSFriend

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 04:23:08 PM »
I couldn't find anything on Yara Rinpoche..but found Chamdo Gyara Rinpoche. Are they the same person?

These are two different Rinpoches. Gyara Rinpoche is from the Chatring area of Tibet, and Yara Rinpoche is from Mongolia.

Both are here at Shar Gaden.

Thanks Tenzin Sungrab.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 12:12:31 PM »
 Also, who are the 10 directional protectors (are they all the Protectors)?

Sorry, I was a bit confused when I asked as well (my Tibetan is not all that good). I rechecked and yes, it means the protectors of the 10 directions ie. all of the protectors, with an emphasis on Dorje Shugden.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »

Sorry, I was a bit confused when I asked as well (my Tibetan is not all that good). I rechecked and yes, it means the protectors of the 10 directions ie. all of the protectors, with an emphasis on Dorje Shugden.

Dear Tenzin Sungrab

Thanks :) but can you (or anyone else reading this) please let me know how many protectors are there in total and in this case, is it just the protectors for the Gelugpa tradition (with an emphasis on Shugden) or is it all the protectors across all the Tibetan Buddhist lineages?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 06:25:52 PM »

Dear Tenzin Sungrab

Thanks :) but can you (or anyone else reading this) please let me know how many protectors are there in total and in this case, is it just the protectors for the Gelugpa tradition (with an emphasis on Shugden) or is it all the protectors across all the Tibetan Buddhist lineages?

Some are shared protectors so to speak.

Some of the Protectors that are honored and propitiated in the Torgya puja I mentioned are Dorje Shugden, Setrap, Dharmaraja, Mahakala, Kalarupa, Kalindewi, Chamsing....I will ask about others.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 06:36:42 PM »

Dear Tenzin Sungrab

Some are shared protectors so to speak.

Some of the Protectors that are honored and propitiated in the Torgya puja I mentioned are Dorje Shugden, Setrap, Dharmaraja, Mahakala, Kalarupa, Kalindewi, Chamsing....I will ask about others.
[/quote]

Thank you for the very quick response, Tenzin! Look forward to hearing more about these protectors.. how many there are and who they are. It's so exciting to learn new info!

WisdomBeing

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 04:41:57 PM »
I was just given this link by the secretary at Shar Gaden (thank you Jam!)

Small | Large
The Maha Gutor Puja 2011- (Last Day) - it's so interesting to see the ritual.. i would love it if someone could explain what each part of the ritual means. And are those firecrackers in the fire?