Author Topic: India must use Dalai Lama's Tawang visit to rattle China  (Read 4401 times)

bambi

India must use Dalai Lama's Tawang visit to rattle China
« on: November 07, 2016, 02:12:27 PM »
Sometimes when I read posts like this, I dont know how to react. On one side, angry, as I really wish that HHDL remove the ban because of all the negativity that is going on against DS practitioners, on the other side, confused, as most countries refuse to have HHDL on their side because of China. No matter what it is, HHDL is still the 'head' of Tibetan Buddhism, and I really dont want to see countries 'snubbing' Him because of China. Although HHDL doesnt approve of Dorje Shugden, I still respect Him very much and its painful to see this going on. Sigh... Deep inside, how do you feel?

The Indian government's announcement that His Holiness the Dalai Lama will travel to Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh in March 2017 has infuriated Beijing. This will not be the Dalai Lama's first visit to Tawang which China claims as its territory.

The Dalai Lama's Arunachal visit therefore comes at an awkward time for the Chinese. Tibet is one of the most sensitive international problems that Beijing wants to put a lid on. It has pressurised global leaders like former British prime minister David Cameron to boycott a meeting with the Dalai Lama by threatening to hold back Chinese investments in the UK.

US President Barack Obama though has shown courage in hosting the Dalai Lama more than once in Washington. Most other world leaders have succumbed to Chinese pressure.

India enraged China in 1959 when it granted asylum to the Dalai Lama who set up a government-in-exile in Dharamsala, now called the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA)). Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru's brave decision ended India's entente cordiale with China. Nehru's subsequent aggressive "forward policy" on the India-China border, however, was an unnecessary provocation which led to the 1962 war.

[/url]http://www.dailyo.in/politics/dalai-lama-arunachal-visit-india-china-cpec-free-tibet-xi-jinping-pakistan/story/1/13877.html[/url]

ShugdenProtector

Re: India must use Dalai Lama's Tawang visit to rattle China
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 03:29:38 PM »
Yes I just saw this news also! so I guess it is true then ndia is really using the Dalai Lama as a pawn!

Well, this certain does not going to go down well with the Chinese and certainly not going to improve ties. Why would the Dalai Lama allow India to use him like this and not get anything in return and actually pushes himself, his chance of dialogue and autonomy for Tibet? Has the Dalai Lama himself given up on returning to India?

It is very obvious today that there are two sides of the camp when it comes to Tibetans for Tibet. One is the Dalai Lama’s umaylam camp and the other rangzen which is actually against Dalai Lama, so why hasn’t the CTA put a cap on this instead of focusing and targeting Shugden people? And would it not be smarter for them to unite Tibetans so they would have more people on the Dalai Lama’s camp? Basically what I am witnessing is Tibetans are tearing each other a part, no need China to do anything, they are doing a great job with their disunity.

SabS

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 10:46:00 PM »
'It is very obvious today that there are two sides of the camp when it comes to Tibetans for Tibet. One is the Dalai Lama’s umaylam camp and the other rangzen which is actually against Dalai Lama, so why hasn’t the CTA put a cap on this instead of focusing and targeting Shugden people? And would it not be smarter for them to unite Tibetans so they would have more people on the Dalai Lama’s camp? Basically what I am witnessing is Tibetans are tearing each other a part, no need China to do anything, they are doing a great job with their disunity.' - ShugdenProtector

To me its quite simple why CTA has not lifted the ban on Dorje Shugden to unite its people. Because they think that if Dalai Lama goes back to Tibet, CTA will cease to exist as there is already a governing body in place in Tibet. Plus I seriously don't think that China would accept members of CTA into Tibet/China as they are not exactly peaceful upholder of China's interest with all the propaganda of lies & vulgarity. Also the millions dollar of sponsorship will stop as the refugee status will be abolished, so no more free cash.

The tearing apart within the Tibetans -In-Exile was created by the ban imposed by CTA. They induced many to abuse the Shugden practitioners using the Dalai Lama's name & the fear of their people. The ban with no truth in nature, was a way to divert people attention away from the fact the CTA did not and could not delivery Tibet back to their people as promised. Created so much karma just to hide. Terrible!

grandmapele

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 11:04:56 AM »
The CTA has no bargaining chip to bring to the negotiation table. So, they create diversion and distraction. Even though the Dalai Lama has soften his stance and says that anyone can practice Dorje Shugden, the lackeys of the CTA will continue to hound Dorje Shugden practitioners so that the Tibetans and the western supporters will be too distracted to ask the real questions.

They just want things their way and continue to have access to the millions that the west are pouring into the Free Tibet cause. They are not really interested in going back to a free Tibet. Goodness, they can't even agree among themselves whether they want Rangzen (Freedom) or Umaylam (autonomy; the middle way).

India, in this case of the Dalai Lama visiting Arunachal Pradesh, is just flexing her muscles. It a show of defiance. This is the region that China conquered in 1962 and withdrew, essentially giving the region back to India, showing that they have the compassion but don't try them again; they can take it again anytime. That, China just want Tibet to be part of China and not interested in the Indian region.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 04:10:25 AM »
The bottom line is this - the Dalai Lama has gone from being a statesman and politician, and leader of a country to becoming a pawn used in other peoples political games. Who let that happen? The CTA with their ineffectual governance and poor leadership. How? Corruption, embezzlement, money laundering, suppression of freedoms and democratic rights. Instead of healing their people and bring em together they chose to divide and conquer. I could reel off a list of issues theyve created.

For someone so powerful who commands universal respect the Dalai Lama hasnt been able to regain Tibet. So after his death what makes Dharamsala so sure theyll have any chance when all theyve ever done is lost, and never gained anything in the last 60 years? Well except fatter wallets maybe.

So this article and link posted? Just another evidence of more nails in the coffin for the CTA. For all their big talk, their just another chess piece in someone elses game.

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 06:18:52 AM »
Well, here's a different view on the matter.
Another view from India is that His Holiness should be deported.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/buddhist-monks-demand-dalai-lamas-deportation/