Author Topic: The Dorje Shugden issue in the Tibetan society- source from rainbow builders  (Read 9751 times)

christine V

• Email
What is the real reason that Dalai Lama banned the practicing of Dorje Shugden is unknown. I always believed the truth will be reveal when the ban leave.

Matibhadra

What is the real reason that Dalai Lama banned the practicing of Dorje Shugden is unknown.

Actually it's very well known.

The mix of Gelugpa and Nyingma teachings is deemed by the Dalai as essential, in order to provide the necessary religious and ritualistic support to his theocratic Gelugpa-Nyingma “rime” alliance.

Since Dorje Shugden is the protector of the pure Gelugpa teachings, he and his practitioners became the obvious target of both the Dalaites, and their allies, the power hungry Nyingmapas.

And, since the Dalai-Nyingma sinister alliance is also the Western bet to intrude, divide and plunder Tibet, it also follows that the practice of Dorje Shugden is hostilized and labeled as a “dangerous cult” by Western or pro-Western press, mercenary academics, and so forth.

I always believed the truth will be reveal when the ban leave.

It's precisely the other way round: the ban will be lifted when the truth is revealed, or when enough people realize that the emperor has no clothes.

Then we will all say farewell to both the ban and to the naked emperor, who will rotten forever in the garbage bin of history, together with his colleagues, Western puppets such as Pinochet, Reza Pahlavi, Mubarak and so forth.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
This rime discussion is interesting to me particularly because a dear friend of mine who is a student of Lama Zopa has recently told me that she is now more inclined to Nyingma and seems to find it not at all contradictory to have been Gelugpa and now becoming more Nyingma.

I have always thought that once you follow one school of Buddhism, you should just follow it through instead of vacillating between traditions and picking what you like out of each. In any case, she was a fierce critic of Dorje Shugden, claiming the authority from the Dalai Lama of course and Lama Zopa, though I had told her that Lama Zopa was actually not a critic so she should get her facts right.

With Dalai Lama being seen as the infallible Buddha, people will not even seek to investigate further whether his criticism of Dorje Shugden has any basis whatsoever. They are perfectly happy to simply follow what the Dalai Lama says, so while those who are less sycophantic will continue to point out that the Emperor has no clothes.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Matibhadra

This rime discussion is interesting to me particularly because a dear friend of mine who is a student of Lama Zopa has recently told me that she is now more inclined to Nyingma and seems to find it not at all contradictory to have been Gelugpa and now becoming more Nyingma.

The rime thing, I would say, is a bit like the catholic (“universal”) thing: let's make a catholic, universal, non-sectarian, rime church, and persecute as heretic devilish sectarians whoever rejects the new dogma.

With Dalai Lama being seen as the infallible Buddha, people will not even seek to investigate further whether his criticism of Dorje Shugden has any basis whatsoever.

Again, not unlike the infallible catholic medieval pope, which just like the dalai and his cult came together with fanaticism, obscurantism, demonization of rival gods, witch-hunting, mixing of temporal and spiritual power, feudalism, serfdom and all.