Author Topic: PICTURE OF FULFILLING SUBSTANCES IN KANGSO  (Read 5752 times)

psylotripitaka

PICTURE OF FULFILLING SUBSTANCES IN KANGSO
« on: October 15, 2012, 05:48:32 AM »
I have a picture of fulfilling substances for Palden Lhamo and Yakya Chamsing, but would like to acquire one for the Dorje Shugden kangso. Does anyone have a painting, drawing, or picture of offering substances in the secret protector gompas?

thor

Re: PICTURE OF FULFILLING SUBSTANCES IN KANGSO
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »
By fulfilling substances, I assume you are referring to tormas? Here are some pictures, from Shar Gaden and Serpom. Hope these pictures help.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 10:25:15 AM »
When we do our pujas and sadhana it is very nice to make beautiful offerings to our Protector and very often we are not sure what they look like.

This article has some pictures to enlighten our eyes.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 11:34:10 PM »
Thor, thank you for torma pics. While tormas are certainly included amongst fulfilling offerings, the fulfilling offerings section of Kangso contains many other items. For example, in pictures of fulfilling substances for Yakya Chamsing and Palden Lhamo, there are many peaceful and wrathful offerings depicted. This is what I'm referring to.

Dondrup Shugden,
You refer to an article but don't give a link.

grandmapele

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 02:43:02 AM »
Psylotripitaka, thank you for bringing it up. Never knew there were so many beautiful offering to be made. It definitely would be good to know what exactly are the offering for daily sadhana and the occasional pujas. Will be waiting anxiously for someone to reply.

lotus1

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 02:44:16 AM »
Thanks thor for sharing. These torma offerings are so beautiful.

@psylotripitaka, are you referring to the offerings when we do prayers for Dorje Shugden? I normally will use follow the traditional eight offerings.
1.   Argham - Argham – scented water to freshen the face,
2.    Padyam – scented water to cleanse the feet,
3.   Puspe – a gentle spray of flower buds,
4.   Dhupe – a waft of sweet-smelling incense,
5.   Aloke – oil lamps to illuminate the way,
6.   Gandhe – anointing the body with a gentle rub of perfume,
7.   Naividye – a platter of sumptuous food and
8.   Shabda – divine music to welcome the most important of guests.

Reference: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/dharma-demystified-the-significance-of-a-buddhist-shrine/

As for wrathful offerings,  it is in the other direction.

Reference: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/dharma-readings/dharma-demystified-kawang-a-confessional-practice/

Of course you can add with other offerings including the seven emblems etc.
I love to have abundance of offerings  ;)

psylotripitaka

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 05:30:15 AM »
Grandmapele,

There are very brief reference to various types of offering in the short sadhana, slightly more elaborate in the medium length, and very descriptive extensive offerings in the Kangso. There is another thread topic under this General Discussion link, I believe titled Commitment Fulfilling Relying and Appropriate Substances. I mention some details there which are very beautiful and taken from Je Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche's Heart Jewel and an oral commentary he gave on the subject. It is typical to have outer offerings, serkyem, the 5 auspicious substances of alcohol tea cakes milk and curd, and either condensed tormas or elaborate tormas for Kangso. However, not only is it important to personalize (which is why I mention the other thread topic) but when you read of all the offerings in kangso, it really opens up the possibility to acquire many other items if one wishes. I do firmly believe though that we ought to take great care before placing wrathful offerings on our shrine in particular.

Lotus1,
Thank you for the beautiful pictures. While the outer offerings such as you depict are included in the fulfilling substances, I am referring to the section of Kangso where many peaceful and wrathful offerings are elaborately exclaimed. After confession, we bless the fulfilling substances, bless a special torma, then perform the actual offerings. I am about to move and most of my stuff is boxed up, but when I get settled I will post here pictures of the fulfilling substances for Yakya Chamsing and Palden Lhamo. You know, they are quite similar with only minor differences, and it isn't that imagining the offerings is difficult, I first asked simply wondering if anybody had a picture. The pictures I have are actually drawings/paintings. In actual Protector gompas, traditionally and to this day in some, there are quite wrathful substances actually placed on the shrine…I will not say what because I'm not sure if such things have ever been published or mentioned publicly, but if you let your imagination run a bit wild you'll probably be close or spot on.