Author Topic: Dalai Lama reaffirms that the next Dalai Lama may be female  (Read 17318 times)

Pilgrim

• Email
Re: Dalai Lama reaffirms that the next Dalai Lama may be female
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »
Whatever HH Dalai Lama plans, I'm sure it's for the benefit of others. And as history has shown, such plans are beyond the comprehension of "normal people" until they are all in place and executed. Maybe not even then.

In any case, I would welcome a female Dalai Lama and I hope to be around to rejoice that!

icy

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 10:17:12 PM »
'Female Dalai Lama Must Be Very, Very Attractive'

Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said it was for Tibetan people to decide whether the institution of the Dalai Lama will remain and whether a female will ascend to the post or not.

"The question of the next Dalai Lama will arise after my death and if the Tibetan people feel there is no need to keep the tradition any more, then it can be done away with and there is nothing unusual about that," he said after an interfaith conclave on Peace and Religious Harmony organised on the first day of his two-day visit here.

The spiritual leader said that "the fact the very institution should continue or not depends on the Tibetan people and if the majority feels at any time that it is not relevant, it will go".

Asked whether there was a possibility of a female Dalai Lama in the future, the spiritual leader said, "Oh yes, certainly! If circumstances are such that a majority feel there is need for a female Dalai Lama, then there is no problem with that."

On a lighter note, he said, "The female Dalai Lama must be very, very attractive. Then more and more people will come to listen to her."

The spiritual leader said that he was against the selection of the Dalai Lama in the traditional way and in the future no Dalai Lama would have political authority.

"I had appealed and suggested to my fellow Tibetans that they should choose and elect their political leader and, in 2011 I handed over my political authority, completely retiring from politics," he said.

"In future, the Dalai Lama will not be involved in politics but will remain the temporal and spiritual guide," he added.

sandra

• Email
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 02:33:22 AM »
This will be very interesting if Dalai Lama  future recarnation in female form.  Female getting more and more important position in current society. I believe one day female could be more superior compare to man. So if H H Dalai Lama decided to come back for sure is to benefit others. His holiness will come back in a form to ensure he can easily benefit others. However is it, the most important thing is H H must come back to continue turn the wheel of dharma. The final wish is all of us will come again and able to meet the dharma. This will be wonderful.   :)

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 08:32:31 AM »
This is a very interesting idea as this would remove all the bad things people claim about women. How they are incapable to achieve enlightenment etc.  The future is with women as women are more capable of compassion and normally work harder than men, especially in this degenerate age.

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »
Buddhism in my opinion is a religion that move with time. It doesn't mean the teachings are compromise but the aspect of traditions and rules that has been inevitably imposed by human into any religion is adaptable.

As the spiritual energy of the world seems to be moving towards the feminine energy, I would not be surprised if The Dalai Lama take rebirth as a female. It's only befitting. The purpose of these reincarnation is after to benefit as many sentient beings and is not for the purpose of carrying on traditions or rules.

Manisha Kudo

• Email
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 08:26:32 PM »
It is interesting to note that the Dalai Lama leaves the decision of his return to the people of Tibet and they may also decide the gender in which he incarnates. Democracy apparently even exists in the selection of Buddhas. Perhaps this is compassion in action just as the DL's ban of the practice of Shugden.

Should the tradition of Dalai Lama no longer be needed by the world, (I would believe it should extend beyond Tibet as the infusion of Dharma is borderless) then this role will ideally dissolve and the new form should arise.

I am making a wild guess but the dissolution of the Dalai Lam could very well set the foundation for the rise of the great protector, Dorje Shugden.

dsiluvu

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 09:44:53 AM »
"If the circumstances are such that a female Dalai Lama is more useful, then automatically a female Dalai Lama will come."

That would be interesting to see a female for Dalai Lama... perhaps she would have better sense as well to realise creating a ban on other's religious belief and tearing your own people a part is wrong and would reverse the wrong doings her previous life as the 14th Dalai Lama.

But then again the Dalai Lama has also said there may not be any more Dalai Lama?

I am making a wild guess but the dissolution of the Dalai Lam could very well set the foundation for the rise of the great protector, Dorje Shugden.

Perhaps your guess may be right Manisha... but who really knows what these "enlightened minds" are up to and what they deem fit. I would also assume that without a Dalai Lama, maybe a the purity of Je Tsongkhapa's lineage can be restored and our great protector Dorje Shugden will be at the forefront in making this possible together with our great current incarnations of Pabongkha and Trijang Rinpoche. This will be a great time for Gelug tradition to rise again.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 11:13:52 AM »
The Dalai Lama has graced our planet for so many lifetimes, and if he feels it is beneficial to be a female then I say why not. Perhaps the future will have much much more women in the future and what better a role model than Dalai Lama for the women. Realised beings can benefit sentient beings no matter what they do and where they are.

The Dalai Lama had 14 lifetimes and in this life he put Buddhism to where it is now on a level and was instrumental in putting Dorje Shugden on a world stage so I think he has done tremendous in this life already. So the dalai lama's future form will once again benefit the world once again.   

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 06:01:54 AM »
Icy - where does the story that you quoted come from re 'Female Dalai Lama Must Be Very, Very Attractive'.

I find it interesting that an attractive woman will be a good Dalai Lama. Although i wonder if being a very attractive woman may actually detract from her holy mission? Though spiritually strong women are usually attractive. After all, the highest female deities like Tara and Vajrayogini are portrayed as beautiful women too.

Being a woman is considered negative karma so for the Dalai Lama to be reborn as a woman will be for her to break many conventions and glass ceilings so.... that will be interesting to watch. Saying that, it is not likely to happen for awhile as the Dalai Lama is very healthy (so much for Dorje Shugden shortening his life), and I don't even know if i will live to see the Dalai Lama's incarnation mature!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

icy

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 04:23:19 AM »
Icy - where does the story that you quoted come from re 'Female Dalai Lama Must Be Very, Very Attractive'.

I find it interesting that an attractive woman will be a good Dalai Lama. Although i wonder if being a very attractive woman may actually detract from her holy mission? Though spiritually strong women are usually attractive. After all, the highest female deities like Tara and Vajrayogini are portrayed as beautiful women too.

Being a woman is considered negative karma so for the Dalai Lama to be reborn as a woman will be for her to break many conventions and glass ceilings so.... that will be interesting to watch. Saying that, it is not likely to happen for awhile as the Dalai Lama is very healthy (so much for Dorje Shugden shortening his life), and I don't even know if i will live to see the Dalai Lama's incarnation mature!

Wisdom Being this reporting was from http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=827216

Midakpa

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 02:18:56 PM »
If H.H. the Dalai Lama decides to reincarnate as a female, it would be for the benefit of mankind. After all Chenrezig is already worshipped in female form as Guan Yin in China, Japan, Vietnam, Korea etc. During the many lifetimes of the Dalai Lama, we have seen Buddhism spread and consolidated in Tibet, Mongolia and now we see it being diffused to different parts of the world. And certainly, a beautiful female Dalai Lama would attract a lot of worshippers. I think this is skillful means to bring people to the Dharma.

vajrastorm

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
Compassionate Chenrezig has always emanated in the forms that would benefit. As Songzen Gampo, he was the first ruler of Tibet, responsible for the unification of Tibet into a stable country. Once that was done, he went about to create the conditions that would be favourable for Buddhism to be established in Tibet. He had ta language formulated for Tibet. He sent for translators to bring Buddhism fro India to Tibet.

Fast forward to the present, Chenrezig , manifesting in the form of  HH Dalai Lama, has imposed  a ban on the practice of Shugden. As Chenrezig, there must be a compassionate motivation behind the ban. It is to be hoped the ban will be irrelevant soon and will be lifted soon.

Now, the Dalai Lama is talking about the possibility of a female Dalai Lama after him. Chenrezig must know why.   

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2014, 04:31:30 PM »
It would be great to see the next Dalai Lama is a female. Why not? All men and women are equal.
Or maybe the present Dalai Lama are sure of himself reincarnation as a female hence the reaffirmation.
Female are more compassionate, maybe there is a possibility of lifting the ban for Dorje Shugden soon?

Matibhadra

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 06:25:29 PM »
Female are more compassionate

Not necessarily. Take the examples of Margareth Thatcher and Golda Meir, known for their obnoxious racism and ruthless crimes against humanity. Many evil beings are female, and a female ”dalai” similar in perversion to the current evil dalai would not be any better.

lotus1

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 09:20:21 PM »
Female generally are more loving and gentle. I believe whether female is more compassion or not, it is not the main reason. If HH Dalai Lama is to manifest as female in his next rebirth, it is because in that form, it would be better to benefit others and reaching out to more people in that form and at that conditions where she is born.

I believe that HH Dalai Lama is a Chenrezig and imposed the ban for a bigger reason that Dharma will spread to area such as China and the West. However, the CTA has been carried out the instruction literally and causing a lot of harm to the Shugden practitioners. I do hope they will realize that soon. Let’s create the awareness and work towards getting the ban be lifted soonest!