Author Topic: Daknak Rinpoche visits Segyu Gaden Phodrang  (Read 4596 times)

DharmaSpace

Daknak Rinpoche visits Segyu Gaden Phodrang
« on: October 27, 2012, 06:31:36 PM »
So blessed are we to see the brother of Dagom Rinpoche turning the wheel of dharma and supporting Segyu Phodrang. Kyabjye Daknak Rinpoche operates a lot in Mongolia, Cina and Tibet.
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/daknak-rinpoche-visits-segyu-gaden-phodrang/

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: Daknak Rinpoche visits Segyu Gaden Phodrang
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 12:41:25 AM »

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 01:59:39 AM »
I rejoice the monks at Segyyu Gaden Phodrang Monastery have to merits to receive  teachings from such a highly attained lama. Monks from other monasteries in the area were also invited. Dharma is definitely reaching out to so many people. In addition to teachings, those present were bestowed White Tara initiation and teaching. I understand that White Tara is a deity for long life. How wonderful for them that they will have a long life to continue to serve their monasteries and spread the dharma far and wide. May all the lamas have long life and continue to teach all sentient beings.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »
I rejoice the monks at Segyyu Gaden Phodrang Monastery have to merits to receive  teachings from such a highly attained lama. Monks from other monasteries in the area were also invited. Dharma is definitely reaching out to so many people. In addition to teachings, those present were bestowed White Tara initiation and teaching. I understand that White Tara is a deity for long life. How wonderful for them that they will have a long life to continue to serve their monasteries and spread the dharma far and wide. May all the lamas have long life and continue to teach all sentient beings.

I heard Segyus not a very large monastery. Its amazing how they manage to get so much done, and to host a lama like Daknak Rinpoche with such a small sangha. Talk about unshakeable faith in the Dharma. Not only do they have so few monks to maintain their monastery with, but they also have to contend with the ban in the heart of a country thats...essentially ignorant about Dharma beyond superstition and tradition. At least in Shar Gaden and Serpom theres much more support, with so many monks in the community.

thor

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »
You are right DharmaDefender. Segyu is not very large at all, at least not the branch of Segyu that I visited in Nepal. The monastery is small, they have very little facilities, they have fewer sponsors than most of the monasteries there, they have very basic food, and they dont even have enough monks.

I had a chance to chat with their main administrator there, and he told me that they have very few new monks each year. The reason for this is because most of the non Shugden monasteries take the most new monks, and spread rumors against Segyu.

But regardless of the above, I felt authentic dharma practice when I was in Segyu. All the monks, young or old, had bright smiling faces and went about their daily duties and studies with great pleasure. Although they have very little (even the main prayer hall is small), they make the most of what they have and more than other places in Nepal, I felt I was among true practitioners.

Random fact BTW: http://www.sed-gyued.org/ is not the same monastery, but from another lineage. Take a look at the top of the page, just below the monastery name. They had to make it very clear that they are supported by the Dalai Lama, just in case people mix them up!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 04:10:37 AM »
I heard Segyus not a very large monastery. Its amazing how they manage to get so much done, and to host a lama like Daknak Rinpoche with such a small sangha. Talk about unshakeable faith in the Dharma. Not only do they have so few monks to maintain their monastery with, but they also have to contend with the ban in the heart of a country thats...essentially ignorant about Dharma beyond superstition and tradition. At least in Shar Gaden and Serpom theres much more support, with so many monks in the community.

I think its very brave of them to carry on and hold on to the lineage and teachings that has been passed down by them even if it makes things difficult for them, so to speak. It shows their determination for the Dharma and bravery to stick to their own lineage even when things get tough. It is very inspiring to read about such accounts. It is okay for them to be small but they carry on the authentic teachings, because that is what is most important and not trying to get to the 'easier' side while discarding the teachings of the holy lineage masters -- who are we without them?