Author Topic: Third DS Mural in California!  (Read 12806 times)

icy

Third DS Mural in California!
« on: July 13, 2014, 07:10:28 AM »
It is so cool.  This is the 3rd DS mural and this time is in the busy area of Oakland-Berkeley, California!  This DS image is geared towards the younger generation.  May they be hooked to Dorje Shugden early and young.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/others-old/berkeley-welcomes-dorje-shugden/comment-page-1/#comment-194821

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
Re: Third DS Mural in California!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 09:33:59 AM »
I like this 3rd wall mural in Oakland-Berkeley California. The artist painted this slightly different from the other previous 2 murals. Perhaps it was a painted by a different artist. This Dorje Shugden had his eyes half opened or looking down, looked friendlier, larger, broader and more peaceful. Its colors also differs from the one in Los Angeles.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/dorje-shugden-arrives-in-los-angeles/

Pray for any passersby to be connected to the Buddha of Wisdom, protector, get blessed and for their seeds to open.

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59:35 AM »
Wow, this one is cool for sure. I'm so glad that the murals are spreading. This one is special for sure because it seems to be aimed at younger generations. While i'm not young any more, this is surely going to attract some youngsters to Dorje Shugden and therefore the Buddhist path. I rejoice in this work.

fruven

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »
Looking at the mural I feel I am looking at the divine holy being which is none other than the Venerable Manjushri. Bless those who come to see and make a connection to Dorje Shugden.

First mural: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/bringing-shugden-to-new-york-city/

Second mural: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/dorje-shugden-arrives-in-los-angeles/

brian

• Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »
This is so cool and so creative! I love this! It is beautifully done and i wonder where will the next one be? Hope this becomes viral and people will follow suit to do one near their area :)

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »
This mural of our Protector is very unique and done beautifully. I like the way the artist depict Him in this contemporary way with the serene and peaceful expression. May this holy image of Dorje Shugden bless everyone who go pass this site and lay their gaze on him.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »
This 3rd DS Mural in California looks so peaceful and calming. I love this mural. This is gearing to the younger generation who wishes to practice DS.
May whoever gazes upon this DS Mural be bless by DS.

angelica

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 04:34:22 PM »
The 3rd mural is cute and DS looks like a young teenage boy. It sure will attract the younger generations. If DS can be make into the super hero like those Marvel Heroes in comics book, I am sure it will really catch the attention of many.

Is really a creative idea to spread DS thru murals. These murals are art that worth looking at. May those we see the murals get the blessing and may one day start to practice DS.

jamyang_sonam

• Email
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 05:49:44 PM »
i love all the murals.. the 3rd one looks very appealing to the younger generation, it has a softer side on the Protector expression, the whole artwork was done beautifully. Wonderful to see Dorje Shugden is reaching to more people through various ways, the Mural of DS is definitely a great idea!

An ancient practice in a modern day lifestyle. Hope to see more of DS mural pop up.

Big Uncle

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 01:36:03 AM »
Neat mural and great work whoever it is that is doing up this wonderfully divine street art. I wish someone would do a few in Asia. But I guess, the local governments wouldn't be too fond of Buddhist artwork on the walls particularly in countries that are not Buddhist. However, in Asia, it would probably be easier to set up temples to Dorje Shugden.

The only problem about doing so is the Dalai Lama's ban because the Buddhist communities in Asia are quite small and tight knit especially amongst the Vajrayana traditions and they would not be too welcoming of a temple to Dorje Shugden. There are some wayside shrine to Dorje Shugden that I have seen but not a temple to Dorje Shugden yet but I doubt it would be accepted. That's just too bad. Down with the ban!

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 11:52:24 AM »
Wow this is the 3rd one already. I still recall the first one. I guess this is how things grow, when the first one was created it created the cause and karma for the 2nd one leading to 3rd, 4th...etc. so if we want to progress in our dharma path, we have to make decisions that lead to creating the causes for it. The same goes for anything we want to achieve either spiritual or secular.

Tenzin K

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 04:16:00 AM »
It’s so heartwarming seeing such big image of Lord Shugden and it’s a mural where  thousands of thousands of people walking or passing will get a blessing and imprint from Lord Shugden. People may check out what is the website about out of curiosity. What a creative idea to have Lord Shugden in the public meeting so many people. Hope to see many in different area and country!

pgdharma

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 02:23:43 PM »
Wow I  can’t believe that within a short span of time, DS art murals are spreading to so many different locations. Its just so amazing!!!  It is good that art murals of enlightened being are painted on walls for those who passed by to receive blessings. It will also bless the whole neighborhood.

All the three murals are very nice and the artwork was done beautifully. I thank Dorjeshugden.com and the artists for conceptualizing these beautiful holy images.

icy

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 05:28:43 AM »
Beautiful picture of two Sangha members greeting Dorje Shugden's mural in Los Angeles!
May countless of beings continue to receive the blessings of our great Dharma Protector Dorje Shugden.

If you happen to be in NYC and LA, do visit this holy image of Dorje Shugden. Find out the location here:

Dorje Shugden in New York: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/bringing-shugden-to-new-york-city/
Dorje Shugden in Los Angeles: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/dorje-shugden-arrives-in-los-angeles/

icy

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 05:32:19 AM »
Dorje Shugden mural in Los Angeles visited by Pilgrims: