Author Topic: Unwavering Guru Devotion - Ajeka  (Read 16997 times)

lotus1

Re: Unwavering Guru Devotion - Ajeka
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »
Ajeka is very inspiring. His Guru Devotion is so strong. Although he does not met with his Guru, i.e the previous

Although he is not a project manager by professional, but Ajeka, single handedly, arranged and organized 2000+ volunteers on a daily basis to build the statue and work of the monastery. In addition, he oversees all aspects which include fund- raising, design, construction, etc. He just gives and gives and gives. I understand that he even brought his packed lunch and food daily because he doesn’t want to take anything from the monastery. A real chenrezig in action!

icy

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 09:46:39 AM »
Yes, Ajeka is indeed inspiring and a rare gem in this era.  He must be an incarnation of Kuan Yin to show us how we can practise unwavering guru devotion which in this age is difficult to find or practise.  He is a wonderful example to us.  I wish him longevity and good health so he may accomplish much more dharma work for Trijang Rinpoche and his community.  May he also receive all aids and resources to facilitate him to achieve his goals for the benefit of others and the monastery.

Barzin

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 07:55:54 AM »
Sometimes I wonder what did he do in previous life for him to have such a strong connection in this very current life.  Think about it.  He is not physically with his guru at all, yet the bond in him is unbelievable.  This is all part of guru devotion, and it simply means he put his faith, full trust in the three jewels... The closeness is not you are close to a friend or a lover, it is actually no-attached to the physical but to dharma, the true understanding of the dharma because you follow the qualities of your guru. 

It is very rare in today's age we get someone like Ajeka.  In this very samsara world, we are so caught up with so many things - unnecessary things.  Who would really sacrifice everything for enlightenment?  Let alone your guru.  Hence in this degenerate age, dharma is hard to spread.  People like Ajeka is fortunate to be born in a place near dharma, doing meritorious work.  This also explains why so many high lamas are now in different parts of the world.  Simple because we need dharma in this very age.

pgdharma

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »
It is very rare to find a person like Ajeka in this age and time. Even though his Guru passed on he did not stopped but continue to build the largest Lama Tsongkhapa in the world and he has not even met the present reincarnation. He is a true example of practicing strong guru devotion.

What Ajeka did is amazing and inspiring. He single handedly oversees to the whole project, from raising funds to the construction and yet never take anything from the monastery. It is not a surprise that he is so highly respected in the community.

May Ajeka received all the help he needed on this project.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 10:29:16 AM »
Sometimes I wonder what did he do in previous life for him to have such a strong connection in this very current life.  Think about it.  He is not physically with his guru at all, yet the bond in him is unbelievable.  This is all part of guru devotion, and it simply means he put his faith, full trust in the three jewels... The closeness is not you are close to a friend or a lover, it is actually no-attached to the physical but to dharma, the true understanding of the dharma because you follow the qualities of your guru. 

It is very rare in today's age we get someone like Ajeka.  In this very samsara world, we are so caught up with so many things - unnecessary things.  Who would really sacrifice everything for enlightenment?  Let alone your guru.  Hence in this degenerate age, dharma is hard to spread.  People like Ajeka is fortunate to be born in a place near dharma, doing meritorious work.  This also explains why so many high lamas are now in different parts of the world.  Simple because we need dharma in this very age.

It is indeed very rare to find people like Ajeka with such guru devotion at this day and age. It is now the high lamas going out to spread Buddhism and not people coming to seek Buddhism as practiced before. In this degenerate age, it make the work of the lama more difficult because of all the distractions in life. Some people say that with modern technology, it causes more distraction and more attachment for people. But if we look at it in another perspective, modern technology is a great way and tool to be used to spread Buddhism. It is a tool to share knowledge with people around the world and also getting to know what is going on around the globe.

THere are many ways we can show our devotion to our guru and Ajeka's actions are some of those. We could use other ways to be devoted to your guru. I think most gurus will be very happy to see that their students actions has changed for the better. This is one form of guru devotion that all gurus will be proud of.

Klein

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
There are 2 things that came to my mind when I read about Ajeka. One is Ajeka's "outer Guru" has become his "inner Guru". The second is, if the practice of Dorje Shugden is so evil, I doubt Ajeka would spend his life building the  new Sampheling monastery.

My teacher always say that the day when our teacher accepts us as his student, it is the day that he teaches his student to be independent. It is not logical for the student to be dependent on his teacher all the time because this is not guru worshiping. It's like parents weaning their children. Based on what we can see, Ajeka has achieved his "inner Guru". He doesn't need his teacher to push and remind him to build the new monastery. He even has the power of speech to enroll 2000 people to help build such a virtuous project in a remote place like Chatreng.

If Dorje Shugden was an evil spirit, there is no way that Ajeka would develop a mind of compassion to commit his life towards building a monastery of this magnitude. This is totally altruistic. Evilness arise from extreme selfishness that creates suffering on to others. So it doesn't make sense that Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit.

Positive Change

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »
An Ajeka is indeed a rarity in this day an age, Guru Devotion especially in the younger generation these days is almost like an extinct species. Shame I know... when in actual fact, Guru Devotion is but basic ethical care and love for someone and is not extreme at all as some may view it.

The reason why one may view it to be extreme is purely because of samsaric distraction and delusions. How wonderful an example Ajeka is showing us that it is not impossible to have such devotion.

Moreover, if we valued our spiritual practice and recognised the importance of our Guru as the pivotal aspect of the efficaciousness of our prayers and sadhanas as well as the root of our attainments. As without the Guru we have nothing so, it really should come naturally to revere our Guru as the ultimate saviour!

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 05:06:43 AM »

An interview with Ajeka of Sampheling Monastery. He spoke about making much efforts in the past 20 years building the Sampheling monastery and that the people of Chatreng are working hard to protect their Guru Trijang Dorje Chang and also preserve the Dorje Shugden tradition. He also commented he saw that when High Gelug lamas give Dorje Shugden initiation, 70-80 thousand people come for it.

Small | Large

In this interview, Ajeka mentioned that the people in Chatreng are willing to give up their lives to protect their GURU, preserve their lineage and the protector's practice. Ajeka was speaking on behalf of thousands of Chatreng people and they are students of Trijang Rinpoche who most of them have not seen Trijang Rinpoche for 30 over years but their faith and love for their GURU remained unshakable. Amazing! Some of us we have our Guru with us still but our devotion and faith is still so fragile.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
I recall reading that if Ananda had asked Buddha Shakyamuni to stay one aeon he could have done so. But if we had Shakyamuni for so long, would we actually practice diligently? As there is a tendency to take things for granted when our guru or teacher is around. Ajeka is a perfect example of how a student practices even if the his lama is not near him anymore, I am really grateful for his excellent show of his guru devotion and practicing the dharma.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 01:01:54 AM »
A friend of mine who knows Ajeka told me of his many noble traits. Apparently Ajeka would pack his own daily meals to bring to the work site at the monastery. This is in keeping with his commitment of never wanting to take anything away from the monks.

To me Ajeka's commitments to continue in the work long the Guru has passed shows tremendous integrity as well as faith. He does not need to constantly reminded, not does he need to be regularly encouraged by the Guru in order to perform his work to completion.

With the kind of integrity and virtuous character Ajeka shows, it is no wonder that he is able to muster up so much help from the people to do the work.

kurava

• Email
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 03:19:49 AM »
Yes, we can find this amazing quality of unwavering Guru Devotion in all the high lamas and inspiring people such as Ajeka.

My Lama also shows a perfect example of Guru Devotion. He met his root guru many years ago and made a promise to become ordained. Unfortunately ,his guru passed on before my lama became a monk. Due to his strong guru devotion, he carried out all that he had promised his Guru till this day.

I rejoice in the good works done by Ajeka. With great people like that around us, we have no excuse but to go all the way !

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 05:54:03 PM »
Reading Ajeka's story is really touching! It really reminds me of the 9 attitudes of Guru devotion, one of the most important practices of Guru devotion that all of us should have. I have bolded the parts where I find Ajeka's story most corresponds with in the 9 attitudes:

1. Be like an obedient son—
Act exactly in accordance with the guru’s advice.

2. Even when maras, evil friends and the like
Try to split you from the guru,
Be like a vajra —
Inseparable forever.

3. Whenever the guru gives you work,
No matter how heavy the burden,
Be like the earth—
Bear it all.

4. Whatever suffering occurs (hardship or problems)
When devoting yourself to the guru,
Be like a mountain—
Immovable (your mind should not be upset or discouraged).

5. Even if you are given all the difficult tasks,
Be like a servant of the king—
Perform them with an undisturbed mind.

6. Abandon pride.
Be like a sweeper—
Hold yourself lower than the guru.

7. No matter how difficult or heavy the burden,
Be like a rope—
Hold the guru’s work with joy.

8. Even when the guru criticizes, provokes or ignores you,
Be like a faithful dog—
Never respond with anger.

9. Be like a boat—
Never be upset to come or go for the guru
At any time.

Another point to remember is that Ajeka did all of these without even meeting his Guru. It shows that he really wants the growth of the Dharma and the level of his sincerity. He is truly someone all of us can aspire to be.

vajrastorm

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »
In Ajeka's own words, "the people of Chatreng are willing to give up their lives just to protect the Guru and preserve their lineage".

It is no wonder then that Ajeka, like the people of Chatreng,  has such unwavering devotion to his guru HH Trijang Rinpoche who passed away decades ago. Ajeka exemplifies true Integrity and Consistency, not wavering even for a moment his commitment towards his Guru who is not around to remind him about it. It is so unlike many students of other Gurus of today, who do not even heed the constant reminders about commitment and keeping one's promises given by their Gurus.  I guess selflessness and compassion are key. If we don't have these two 'ingredients' in our make-up, we will fail in Guru Devotion.  Ajeka is able to get things done and to mobilize 2000 people to help in the building of the Sampheling Monastery because he is both selfless and compassionate. He shows by fine example and he is a 'hands down' leader.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
In Ajeka's own words, "the people of Chatreng are willing to give up their lives just to protect the Guru and preserve their lineage".

It is no wonder then that Ajeka, like the people of Chatreng,  has such unwavering devotion to his guru HH Trijang Rinpoche who passed away decades ago. Ajeka exemplifies true Integrity and Consistency, not wavering even for a moment his commitment towards his Guru who is not around to remind him about it. It is so unlike many students of other Gurus of today, who do not even heed the constant reminders about commitment and keeping one's promises given by their Gurus.  I guess selflessness and compassion are key. If we don't have these two 'ingredients' in our make-up, we will fail in Guru Devotion.  Ajeka is able to get things done and to mobilize 2000 people to help in the building of the Sampheling Monastery because he is both selfless and compassionate. He shows by fine example and he is a 'hands down' leader.

The ability to lead and organize people of such a degree is just simply mindblowing. Ajeka's example of Guru devotion tells us one thing: that it is possible to achieve anything at all no matter what happens as long as we put our effort to it. By Ajeka's effort and ability, he managed to build Ganden Sampheling monastery which is huge and ornate. It takes skill for someone to be able to come up with something like that and to talk to and organize up to 2000 different people at one go. It takes skill and courage to be able to convince people to lend their skill and to actually help out with building such a huge gompa and on top of all that, for free, because he himself is doing all of this for free even when he has a family! how many people can do that for the sake of the Dharma? I dont think so many can achieve the level that he can anywhere at all.

But what is funny is that this news also brings to mind one thing: Isnt China supposed to be banning religious freedom like what the CTA claimed? And that is the main reason why they would like to take Tibet back is because they claim that China is surpressing their religious freedom, and due to that they they need to free Tibet from such tyranny.... if they are true, why can Ajeka build such a huge gompa in China and not be disturbed by the authorities? Something somewhere is wrong with all the contradictory things that CTA says to gain sympathy from the world. The illusion that they present to the world will not last for long, if and when China decides to open up and allow others to learn about China and Tibet, CTA's lies will just fall apart and CTA will be sidelined and hated for deception. So China's closed door policy for now actually works in favor of CTA.

Either way, Ajeka's ability to organize all of his and get things done is just amazing beyond words. Every high lama needs an Ajeka so that their works can flourish.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 04:43:57 PM »
What a beautiful story of a single student who continue to serve his Guru throughout thick and thin.

It is very inspiring and let us all achieve such merits to do the same.