Author Topic: HHDL: "Too many refugees in Europe"  (Read 9126 times)

Ringo Starr

• Email
HHDL: "Too many refugees in Europe"
« on: June 02, 2016, 07:05:45 AM »
I find this a rather illogical statement by His Holiness Dalai Lama.

HH says that there are "too many refugees in Europe" but at the same time advocates that "it should be a temporary situation".

Well if it is a temporary situation, surely Europe can accomodate many more refugees.

If it is a permanent situation and hence Europe cannot accomodate more according to HH, then surely it cannot be a temporary situation.

Is HH saying this to be "Mr Popular" ?
Does he remember his Bodhisattva Vows? His Ordination Vows?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/Dalai-Lama-says-too-many-refugees-in-Europe/articleshow/52522387.cms] [url]http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/Dalai-Lama-says-too-many-refugees-in-Europe/articleshow/52522387.cms[/url]

Ringo Starr

• Email
Re: HHDL: "Too many refugees in Europe"
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 07:12:30 AM »

Matibhadra

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 03:01:27 AM »
Does he remember his Bodhisattva Vows? His Ordination Vows?

The only thing the evil puppet dalie (just like his fellow puppet Angela Merkel) remembers are his vows of obedience to his root guru and puppet-master, the Jewish financial terrorist George Soros, the foremost supporter of wholesale Muslim immigration into Europe.

Matibhadra

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 03:15:15 AM »
The evil puppet dalie faithfully prostrating to his root guru George Soros:

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 05:55:30 PM »
What an odd thing for the Dalai Lama to have said. To begin with, I don't understand why the Dalai Lama should be commenting on the foreign affairs of another nation. Now he is telling heads of European how to run their foreign policies

Its strange that the Dalai Lama feels that Europe should eventually send the refugees back to face even more torment and misery. But then again I have read where the Dalai Lama also seemed to be supporting the stance of ISIS and said that the world should respect and understand ISIS. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/the-dalai-lama-respects-terrorists-but-not-shugden-buddhists/

Also its quite clear that he prefers to keep Europe white. So much for tolerance and all that.

Also, when he said refugees "..should eventually return to help rebuild their home countries" then it begs the question why he doesn't do that even after half a century? How is it that the Tibetans have a right to ask for the world's help even after such a length of time but the Syrians should go back?

SabS

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 09:35:29 PM »
I find the Dalai Lama quite contradictory.

" I think that the refugees should only be admitted temporarily". I wonder if the Dalai Lama in saying this, realized that he and his people had stayed for over 50 years in India as "refugees". Shouldn't he had encourage his people to return to Tibet as he stated "The goal should be that they return and help rebuild their countries."

In this current time, China is actively preserving the Tibetan Culture and religion whereby everyone has the freedom to practice their beliefs, even Dorje Shugden. China has brought improvements to Tibet and raised the living standard of the Tibetan people whereby previously the feudal system under the Dalai Lama's times they were slaves. All China request is for peace and harmony of rule, which any and every country should rightly do, to protect their sovereignty and their people.

Do I think that the Dalai Lama should rightly comment on the refugee status or the policies of other countries? Maybe not as he has not even resolved the refugee status of himself nor his people's.  50 years is a very very long time.  Wars have been fought and countries have mended in an even shorter period of time.

Matibhadra

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 12:18:26 AM »
To begin with, I don't understand why the Dalai Lama should be commenting on the foreign affairs of another nation.

This is his job. As a good Western puppet and posterboy, he is hired and paid by his puppet- master, the Jewish financial terrorist and international troublemaker George Soros, to give opinions on every topic at hand, of course always reflecting the terrorism-promoting policies of Soros' “Open Society Foundation”.

Therefore, the evil dalie supports self-immolations and bloody riots in China's Tibet and in Nepal, anti-Buddhist Muslim terrorism in Sri Lanka and Myanmar, cozy friendly agreements with Islamic State terrorists in Syria, the Muslim invasion of Europe, the genocidal US wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, and what not as long as it fits his Western bosses' agenda.

The evil dalie, while defending his petty, parochial intra-Tibetan interests, has no genuine, independent views, when it comes to international topics. He says what his hegemonic, megalomaniac, schizophrenic-paranoid Western bosses tell him to say. He is just a tool under the control of the most barbaric forces destroying life and civilization on Earth.

Pema8

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 02:43:40 PM »
I find it quite interesting to comment on such a topic while Tibet, the CTA and the Dalai Lama himself are refugees themselves. The Tibetan exile community is relying on the kindness of others and there would be no problem with that if they would follow the rules of the countries they receive help from - but the CTA and the Dalai Lama are clearly not following democratic rules.

The many sponsors and supporting governments must know how Dorje Shugden practitioners and lamas are cast out, have no rights to receive even medical help, cannot buy at shop and even get attacked and much more....

Very sad that still no solution has been found! May the Dalai Lama be open to find a solution on the Dorje Shugden ban!

Big Uncle

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 07:32:21 PM »
That is really a scary statement considering he, the Dalai Lama himself is a refugee. What is he trying to say? Is he trying to say that there are too many refugees or a certain ethnic group? Somehow, I feel that the statement is contradictory to his current status and the status of much of his people in exile. On the other hand, the largest Tibetan refugees outside of India has congregated in Switzerland. Does he realize that what he says has direct impact on his own people?

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 01:42:00 PM »
I think I know why HHDL is being nice to the Europeans.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 07:48:50 PM »
Well HHDL has become the poster boy for xenophobia and narrow-mindedness! His quotes about the refugees have been used in the Brexit campaign to encourage anti-migration, anti-EU sentiments. You know if His Holiness stopped granting media interviews and commenting on politics, he wouldnt have comments that the media could take out of context on issues like these. Then he wouldnt have to spend money, time and effort "distancing" himself from these comments...he said em. Those are his thoughts. Theyll apply just as much to refugees fleeing to Europe, as they do anti-migration policies. Sickening to be honest.

thor

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 09:26:41 PM »
That is really a scary statement considering he, the Dalai Lama himself is a refugee. What is he trying to say? Is he trying to say that there are too many refugees or a certain ethnic group? Somehow, I feel that the statement is contradictory to his current status and the status of much of his people in exile. On the other hand, the largest Tibetan refugees outside of India has congregated in Switzerland. Does he realize that what he says has direct impact on his own people?

Dalai Lama has made so many illogical statements, this is just the most recent.

Dalai Lama calls on the world to give ISIS respect while ISIS is terrorizing the world with beheadings and executions???

Dalai Lama tells Aung San Suu Kyi to protect the minority Rohingya Muslims while Dalai Lama himself terrorizes Dorje Shugden practitioners and waves it off because he claims they are a minority???

Dalai Lama tells Muslims and Buddhists in Sri Lanka to "Have faith in your own religion but respect all other religions” because “This will bring unity among various religions.” So what is the Dalai Lama doing with the Dorje Shugden ban???

Dalai Lama says that if the 15th Dalai Lama is a female, then "That female must be attractive, otherwise it is not much use". And this is from a self-proclaimed feminist in the age of feminism???

Of course, the most ridiculous is the ban on Dorje Shugden on the grounds that Shugden is a demon, an evil spirit, etc. And this is in the face of almost 400 years of evidence that Dorje Shugden is an enlightened wisdom being, a wisdom buddha whose purpose for existing is protecting the teachings of the second Buddha Tsongkapa???

Nuff said.

grandmapele

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 04:39:59 AM »
As the many member here have stated, there are many instances where the Dalai Lama has made contradictory statements. from ISIS, to the Rohingyas, the Muslim Buddhist issue in Sri Lanka and the feminism issue, he has shown that the unclear on the concept of what he spouts. He does not practice what he preach.

His followers must be pretty confused lot or they must terribly ignorant both secularly and spiritually.  How can they read all these statements and not see the contradiction? Maybe they cannot see the implication of the Dalai Lama being Chenrezig, a Buddha cannot be harmed by anybody much less a 'spirit'. So, he should not worry about Dorje Shugden wanting to harm him in any way. The monks and monasteries have failed them in not giving them the proper teachings and guidance.

The CTA has failed the Tibetans in exile in not giving them a proper education to teach them how to think instead of thinking for them. Such abuse by the CTA in keeping them ignorant to manipulate them to the CTA's aadvantage. Shameful acts, all.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 01:31:38 PM »
Thanks Big Uncle you are spot on to say that the Dalai Lama is a refugee himself in India along with so many of his Tibetan brethren. Knowing the sufferings of how it is like to be a refugee it is very surprising this has been uttered by the Dalai Lama.

From the stories of the Jews holocaust, we know for certain that, there is never enough people we can rescue if we can rescue them.

Like how Thor put it, the Dalai Lama's statements are becoming more and more irrational, perhaps it is beckoning for a certain kind of response? A response that will overturn the damaging policies that the Dalai Lama have put in place like the Dorje Shudgen ban, which has no middle ground at all.

James Bond

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 04:08:33 PM »
Even after thinking about this for quite some time, I cannot seem to come up with a conclusion on why the Dalai Lama said this about the refugee crisis in Europe. Yes he may be wanting to play "Mr Popular". Thats a fair statement. But I feel there could be other reasons. Reasons we may never know.

But the question I keep asking myself, is that why does the Dalai Lama want less refugees in Europe? I mean, wouldn't he of all people want these refugees to be safe and back in sheltered areas? Would he want them to have a better life? This doesn't add up to me. I hope that someone gets answers.