Author Topic: Ling Rinpoche in Car Accident, ‘Out of Danger’  (Read 17291 times)

dsiluvu

Ling Rinpoche in Car Accident, ‘Out of Danger’
« on: December 14, 2012, 06:32:58 AM »
Kyabje Ling Rinpoche, the main organizer of the Jangchup Lamrim teachings with His Holiness the Dalai Lama currently taking place in Mundgod Tibetan Settlement in India, was injured in a deadly automobile collision the day before the teachings began. According to Phayul.com, Ling Rinpoche was traveling to Goa to receive His Holiness on November 29 when there was an accident, which left the driver of Rinpoche’s car dead. Ling Rinpoche is in a hospital in Goa and reported to be “out of danger.”

Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s attendant Ven. Roger Kunsang, who is currently at the teachings in Mundgod with Lama Zopa Rinpoche, shared in an email that Ling Rinpoche received the full impact of the collision and should be dead. He also wrote that Rangjung Neljorma Khadro Namsel Drolma (Khadro-la) miraculously arrived at the scene of the accident five minutes after it happened, just after Ling Rinpoche, who was in a great deal of pain, had been freed from the car.

“Khadro-la had just arrived in Goa (about two or three hours away) and said to her two attendants they needed to do puja as it was a bad day, and then suddenly she said they should leave Goa straight away and drive quickly ? that was all!” Ven. Roger wrote. “Then they came on the accident scene. There was no one else there. The accident had just happened and one man had dragged Ling Rinpoche free. It was a strange scene they said. The driver was already dead. Also in the car was TT-la (a 79-year-old monk who had been the previous Ling Rinpoche’s secretary), who was in a bad way, as well as another young monk. It took a long time to get help.

“Khadro-la took control of the whole scene and started checking everyone and doing her thing,” Ven. Roger wrote. “They got everyone to a small hospital and after some quick patching and more transport, took them to the main hospital in Goa ? in all more than eight hours. It was 11 hours before they got Ling Rinpoche in on the operating table and then it was a seven-hour operation. The young monk is OK. TT-la has had several operations and seems stable.”

Photo of local paper reporting on November 29, 2012, accident involving Ling Rinpoche

Source: http://www.mandalamagazine.org/2012/ling-rinpoche-in-car-accident-out-of-danger/

This news is shocking but I'm sure many are relief that Ling Rinpoche is "out of danger" for now. Did Ling Rinpoche manifest the accident to absorb the karmas of many who would be attending the Lamrim teachings. Let us all pray for Ling Rinpoche's swift recovery!

samayakeeper

• Email
Re: Ling Rinpoche in Car Accident, ‘Out of Danger’
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
The news is shocking and sad. Bad news that the person driving Kyabje Ling Rinpoche died. But if it's some consolation to the family of the deceased, he died while driving a high reincarnate lama and had collected some merit.

It's good news that Kyabje and his aides are recovering. I've heard of high lamas manifesting miracles and "disasters" to benefit certain people and surroundings. Maybe to absorb the karma of those attending the Lamrim teaching and also the karma of the dead driver. Who knows.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:46:08 AM »
The picture is so gruelling as I could not imagine the extend of the accident until I saw this picture!!! It is really good news that Ling Rinpoche is out of danger and now recuperating from the accident. Maybe it is true that this accident is  manifested by Ling Rinpoche because there is a huge teaching by the Dalai Lama and in order to benefit from the teaching, one would need to have enough karma to receive it. So, this accident may have eliminated some bad karma for many people so that the teaching will be held successfully and benefits many.

It is also a miracle that help is readily available by Khadro-La who was not part of Ling Rinpoche's entourage. This may be due the presence and assistance from Ling Rinpoche's protector.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 01:30:57 AM »
The picture is so gruelling as I could not imagine the extend of the accident until I saw this picture!!! It is really good news that Ling Rinpoche is out of danger and now recuperating from the accident. Maybe it is true that this accident is  manifested by Ling Rinpoche because there is a huge teaching by the Dalai Lama and in order to benefit from the teaching, one would need to have enough karma to receive it. So, this accident may have eliminated some bad karma for many people so that the teaching will be held successfully and benefits many.

It is also a miracle that help is readily available by Khadro-La who was not part of Ling Rinpoche's entourage. This may be due the presence and assistance from Ling Rinpoche's protector.

Khadro La is actually Tenma's oracle. She takes trance of Tenma for the Dalai Lama. She used to stay in Tibet when someone told her to go to india to meet the Dalai Lama and she has been recognized as a dakini since. Traditionally, Gelugs do not recognize dakinis (not female tulkus) and she is the first one to be recognized as such. She helped Lama Zopa heal from his stroke as well. I have not met a dakini before and I have no idea what they can do but it seems that Khandro La is helping lamas around to heal and avert disasters. There are also youtube videos of her giving teachings as well.

dsiluvu

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »
Ensapa... this is video you are referring to i believe?

Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Phari Rinpoche and Khadro la doing puja

Apparently many also believed that she is not just the mountain goddess Tenma and  that she is actually an emanation of Tara and Vajrayogini? Can anyone verify if this is true???

Manjushri

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
Oh my, the car looks real bad!!! I read about the accident before, but I had no idea of the impact of the accident till I saw the picture. Looking at it, if Ling Rinpoche was in the front passenger seat, Rinpoche must have gotten a full impact during the accident.. it is a miracle that Rinpoche survived, as the driver of the car unfortunately did not.

I wonder what caused the accident to manifest before such an auspicious event, HHDL giving teachings on the Lamrim. And I also wonder how coincidenal (or not) that Khadro-la was there to help and assist. I am glad that Ling Rinpoche is alright now regardless.

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 08:34:26 AM »
I didn't know the accident was that bad until I saw the picture in that news article..oh my I am very glad Ling Rinpoche is alright.

Those people who had the fortune to attend HH the Dalai Lama's teachings should be very grateful as Ling Rinpoche very obviously absorbed all their negative karma. What a wonderful and compassionate Bodhisattva Ling Rinpoche is!

This is the thing about all the High Lamas we know. They are more than willing to go down to the ground and to protect their students in any way they can just so their students will be fine and for the Dharma to spread. We have to ask ourselves for all that our Guru has done for us, what have we in return offered to our Guru? The greatest gift our Guru wants isn't more gifts or money but for our minds to transform for the better. Better in the sense that we treasure the Dharma and go all the way with our practices letting go of our evil attachments, desire and so on.

How many of us have actually done so for our Gurus who suffered so much just so we can receive dharma teachings?

lotus1

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:41:28 AM »
Thanks for sharing the news and relieved to know that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche is safe now after such a deadly car accident. It is great to have Khadro-la who reached in time to do the necessary so that the Kyabje Ling Rinpoche is saved. It must be the Dharma Protector is helping.

I too agreed to the saying that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche manifested this accident in order to clear the bad karma of those attending HH Dalai Lama teachings. I think the bad karma largely would be caused by some of them banning Dorje Shugden and harming the Dorje Shugden practitioners.

Would really hope one day all Dorje Shugden practitioners would be able to hear the teaching of HH Dalai Lama too.

Barzin

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 09:07:12 AM »
This is apparent that the people today have so much negative karma even a high reincarnated lama has to absorb so much in order for people to attend the teachings.  Obviously, Ling Rinpoche has no karma to be hurt therefore he gotten out of the situation but sad that the driver is dead,  however it is said that to be able to dead in the presence of a high lama is blessed and karma purified.   

icy

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »
Thank Buddha Ling Rinpoche is out of Danger!  May all be bless and Ling Rinpoche recovers fast.  Long Live Rinpoche!

Positive Change

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 10:48:14 AM »
OMB... Looking at the picture indeed sends shivers down my spine. Like most of you here, the extent of the accident was unclear till now. How Ling Rinpoche survived is indeed a miracle but no surprise as Ling Rinpoche does not have the karma to die in such a manner.

I am of the opinion that in his compassion Ling Rinpoche did indeed absorb a lot of negative karma for the people attending the teachings and the locals. The driver that passed away is indeed very 'lucky' and blessed to have died serving such an acclaimed master!

It goes to show how much "suffering" and "pain" high lamas of such calibre go through to help us purify... If one relates it to the Ban on Dorje Shugden, one can then see how certain elements fall into place... how some high lamas, follow and some do not. Whatever their "actions", the focus and the results will be the same. Time will tell when the reign of our King is no longer in debate!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 06:40:05 AM »
Thanks for sharing the news and relieved to know that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche is safe now after such a deadly car accident. It is great to have Khadro-la who reached in time to do the necessary so that the Kyabje Ling Rinpoche is saved. It must be the Dharma Protector is helping.

I too agreed to the saying that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche manifested this accident in order to clear the bad karma of those attending HH Dalai Lama teachings. I think the bad karma largely would be caused by some of them banning Dorje Shugden and harming the Dorje Shugden practitioners.

Would really hope one day all Dorje Shugden practitioners would be able to hear the teaching of HH Dalai Lama too.

There could be another reason to why the accident manifested -  as a very clear warning that whatever it is that is being imposed on Ling Rinpoche with regards to the Dorje Shugden ban may cause the CTA to lose Ling Rinpoche. If they keep up with the ban, sooner or later they will lose all their lineage Lamas because the very act of the ban itself and the basis behind it is anything but Buddhist in nature or principle and thus, will naturally push away more and more qualified lamas away from the CTA, somehow or rather, either by death or they keep trickling into Shar Ganden and Serpom or somewhere else in the world where the ban cannot reach.

dsiluvu

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 09:51:16 AM »

There could be another reason to why the accident manifested -  as a very clear warning that whatever it is that is being imposed on Ling Rinpoche with regards to the Dorje Shugden ban may cause the CTA to lose Ling Rinpoche. If they keep up with the ban, sooner or later they will lose all their lineage Lamas because the very act of the ban itself and the basis behind it is anything but Buddhist in nature or principle and thus, will naturally push away more and more qualified lamas away from the CTA, somehow or rather, either by death or they keep trickling into Shar Ganden and Serpom or somewhere else in the world where the ban cannot reach.

lotus1.... We can still listen to the teachings and read books by His Holiness... we just cannot attend his teachings because we're just evil... doesn't matter if we study Buddhism... we're just practicing "evil". Actually to be very honest, and no disrespect to His Holiness or anyone... if you got your own Guru... why do you need to attend any other Guru's teachings unless you Guru himself instructed you to do so.

The sad part is not so much we cannot attend His Holiness teachings, the sad part is the actually hypocritical discrimination which we see is aggressively and at times violently carried out on pro-Dalai Lama practitioners... who basically threw away all their teachings of compassion and kindness so well taught and represented by His Holiness. Maybe they did not learn or hear much in those teachings... hence no Dharma went in. So they were there just to look at His Holiness, like looking at some (famous pop star of theirs, they sure are huge fans) and get some "good luck" blessings... hence they are not there for Dharma knowledge and practice... that is why they treat others badly.

So Ling's Rinpoche's accident, perhaps was to absorb this negative state of mind of theirs, where by they are like a "closed cup"... whatever you present and wish to pour in them... nothing goes in... they only hear the negative stuff.

Ensapa... I don't think the CTA themselves will last very long after His Holiness passes sorry... they probably create the karma for themselves to dissolve as for pushing all the Gurus away... I suppose. But some of them are not Gelugs so it won't concern them if it was not a Gelug Lama... however it creates the causes for them to also not be able to receive teachings "like close cup" from any Lama or have a "wrong view". I heard a saying once, the danger of Dharma being destroyed are actually from those within. So there you have it...

DharmaDefender

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »
The articles been posted here: www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/ling-rinpoche-in-car-accident-out-of-danger/

So because Ling Rinpoche was in an accident, he couldnt make it to the Jangchub Lamrim teachings. Okay so that accounts for one of the Dalai Lamas teachers. What happened to his other guru Trijang Rinpoche? How come he wasnt there?

Weird how the Dalai Lamas teachers dont really show up at his teachings (or not that Ive heard of anyway, I have a tendency not to notice these things). And I wouldve guessed that these set of teachings came from them since their like the foundation of the monastic curriculum. Hmmm not very auspcious eh that the one who gave the Dalai Lama these teachings couldnt make it himself.

(Edit: just found this. I was right, Ling Rinpoche did give the teachings to His Holiness, and he couldnt make hmmm http://www.jangchuplamrim.org/jangchup-lamrim/lamrim-lineage/)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 04:43:37 AM »
The articles been posted here: www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/ling-rinpoche-in-car-accident-out-of-danger/

So because Ling Rinpoche was in an accident, he couldnt make it to the Jangchub Lamrim teachings. Okay so that accounts for one of the Dalai Lamas teachers. What happened to his other guru Trijang Rinpoche? How come he wasnt there?

Weird how the Dalai Lamas teachers dont really show up at his teachings (or not that Ive heard of anyway, I have a tendency not to notice these things). And I wouldve guessed that these set of teachings came from them since their like the foundation of the monastic curriculum. Hmmm not very auspcious eh that the one who gave the Dalai Lama these teachings couldnt make it himself.

(Edit: just found this. I was right, Ling Rinpoche did give the teachings to His Holiness, and he couldnt make hmmm http://www.jangchuplamrim.org/jangchup-lamrim/lamrim-lineage/)

From that angle, perhaps it is a sign to HHDL that the ban does have karmic repercussions. Ling Rinpoche is forced to comply with the ban even though in his previous life he was a very strong proponent of Dorje Shugden as he perhaps, would want to remain in the monastery to benefit more people. perhaps the car accident is a wake up call for HHDL and his camp that the whole ban against Dorje Shugden is creating negative karma, and those negative karma are slowly surfacing and causing more and more obstacles for lamas to manifest teachings and the like. HHDL not having Ling Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche around must be quite lonely in some way, or perhaps, it is how he deals with what happened to Reting Rinpoche?