Author Topic: How to Understand Reality by Lama Osel  (Read 3670 times)

dsiluvu

How to Understand Reality by Lama Osel
« on: February 06, 2013, 01:47:47 PM »
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share something I saw on FB... looks like Lama Osel is starting to also turn the wheel of Dharma. Interesting :)  I do rejoice that Lama Osel is starting to spread Dharma again and I do hope his work will flourish. He once bridge the east and west with his unconventional style and delivery and how he would get close with his students doing stuff they like doing also, well I am sure this modern, progressive Osel will carry on the legacy of Lama Yeshe of spreading the Dharma in the most skillful creative way. 

I do wonder though if he still cherishes and practices the protector that made what is FPMT today :) 
Any juicy news anyone???

Dear all

We have yet another occasion to rejoice at Choe Khor Sum Ling!

From the time of Lama Yeshe's passing in 1984, Lama Zopa Rinpoche had been engaged in the search for his reincarnation. It was in May 1986 that Osel Hita Torres, who was then still a toddler, was identified and officially declared the reincarnation of Lama Yeshe.

Lama Tenzin Osel Rinpoche was born on February 12th 1985 in Bubion, Spain, to Maria Torres and Paco Hita.When he was born, Lama Osel was so serene and his face seemed full of light that his parents gave him the name Osel Hita Torres. Osel in Tibetan means 'Radiant Light'.

Lama Osel studied movie making and along with his co-director Matteo Passigato released a new film 'Being Your True Nature'. The 20-minute movie introduces viewers to Universal Education for Compassion and Wisdom, Lama Yeshe’s vision for creating a happier and more peaceful world.

We are fortunate and we immensly rejoice that Lama Tenzin Osel Hita will be spending an evening with the students of Choe Khor Sum Ling this February.

This teaching is open for all to attend and we invite you to join us on the auspicious occasion. We will soon email you the topic of the teaching along with all other details. To register and for inquiries, please email us at [email protected].

BhavatuSarvaMangalam
Team CKSL
[/size]

Source: https://www.facebook.com/events/152876254866268/?ref=22

Ensapa

• Email
Re: How to Understand Reality by Lama Osel
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:56:42 AM »
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share something I saw on FB... looks like Lama Osel is starting to also turn the wheel of Dharma. Interesting :)  I do rejoice that Lama Osel is starting to spread Dharma again and I do hope his work will flourish. He once bridge the east and west with his unconventional style and delivery and how he would get close with his students doing stuff they like doing also, well I am sure this modern, progressive Osel will carry on the legacy of Lama Yeshe of spreading the Dharma in the most skillful creative way. 

I do wonder though if he still cherishes and practices the protector that made what is FPMT today :) 
Any juicy news anyone???

You know, I actually find it very interesting that Lama Osel keeps telling the western media that he was forced into being a tulku and it was against his will that he was taken to the monastery and so on, but to his close followers he tells them that he is no different from FPMT and FPMT is him. I wonder what does this mean? Does it mean that Lama Osel distanced himself from the FPMT centers which were superficial as they only follow the Dalai Lama because he is a 'higher' lama? When the entertainment magazines released those articles, it really made many secular people think that Lama Osel was a victim of the Tibetan Tulku system. Now he is giving teachings...hmm. A message to his students?