Author Topic: Karmapa visits Singapore!  (Read 16993 times)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
Karmapa visits Singapore!
« on: May 13, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »
Singapore is a HAPPENING hub of international trade and religious events! Even with the recent clamming down on many religious centres due to many reasons, huge spiritual figures such as HH Karmapa Thaya Dorje is able to come and benefit!

This means the govt of Singapore supports spiritual harmony and the right and freedom to practice any form of religion which promotes peace!

read on:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.karma-kagyud.org.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=102

Karma Kagyud Buddhist Centre Warmly Welcomes His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje to Visit Singapore in year 2012!

It has been 6 years since His Holiness 17th Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje graced Singapore with a visit. It is with great joy that we now welcome His Holiness to visit Singapore in the month of May. We hope that you will like the line of events we have planned and participate in them actively.

Our centre is raising funds for a new building to be built on the same spot as the current one, in order to cope with the needs of the current congregation. It is our sincere hope that with Karmapa's blessing, our dream of having a new building will be fulfilled.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Big Uncle

Re: Karmapa visits Singapore!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »
Just wild crazy thought - Can someone send him a copy of the Dorje Shugden comic?  Hahaha!

dsiluvu

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »
Excellent IDEA to pass him Dorje Shugden gifts - videos and comics!!!

It is after all to promote Spiritual Harmony and it would be a form of good gesture for all Buddhist faith to offer gifts of welcome as HH graces the city of Singapore.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »
Interesting to read how liberal Singapore is with religious freedom but can't say much of the CTA. In fact there's nothing to say about them. I wonder if there are many followers of Dorje Shugden in Singapore.

While CTA is strictly enforcing the ban among the Tibetans community, practitioners in other countries throughout the world seem to grow and their voices are being heard. That is just so sad that an age old practice that started in Tibet is now being forbidden to be practiced by many Tibetans.

thor

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 03:29:46 PM »
Interesting to read how liberal Singapore is with religious freedom but can't say much of the CTA. In fact there's nothing to say about them. I wonder if there are many followers of Dorje Shugden in Singapore.

While CTA is strictly enforcing the ban among the Tibetans community, practitioners in other countries throughout the world seem to grow and their voices are being heard. That is just so sad that an age old practice that started in Tibet is now being forbidden to be practiced by many Tibetans.

In a recent interview a couple of months ago, the Dalai Lama actually mentioned that the Shugden community in Singapore was strong and growing. Without the religious persecution that happens in the Tibetan communities, the growth of shugden's practice is a very good sign that he is the right deity for our time. Why would a modern progressive country like Singapore accept his practice unless it was effective? A good sign.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 03:25:52 AM »
I share the same sentiment with Thor that if the citizens of a country are free to practice their religion of choice, there would be less protest and resistance. More energy and effort would be channelled towards the progress of the country. When a country is stable (no frequent protest and strikes), it will attract more foreign investments and tourists. The Singapore government certainly recognize the right and freedom to any form of religions which promotes peace and harmony. That is why HHDL mentioned that the Shugden community in Singapore is strong and growing. And the CTA can't do a thing about this!

harrynephew

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 07:25:40 AM »

I wouldn't say liberal per se but Singapore is definitely under pressured by the Chinese not to promote HHDL and Tibetan Buddhism as much compared with other centres of faith. I have heard this directly from one of the officers in the Governmental department.

There's anothr bandwagon running around the island claiming that they're part of HHDL's troupe preaching on their own how bad Dorje Shugden practice is and have affected many centres and the image of Tibetan Buddhism. Karma's on its way to claiming their notorious actions as the government is stepping down on societies which do not follow suit to promote religious harmony.

Sending DS comics to Karmapa is gooood..... lemme see how I can go about doing that!
Harry Nephew

Klein

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 07:59:50 AM »
Sending DS comics to Karmapa is gooood..... lemme see how I can go about doing that!

This is a very good idea harry nephew. The Karmapa may appreciate the passion in you to spread Dorje Shugden's practice. With HH's clairvoyance, he'll be able to see that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha.

Singapore is a democratic country to some extent. Regardless, the Govt knows that politics and religion are 2 separate issues. The Government is not educated enough in religion to meddle with it and the religious leaders are not educated enough in Politics to be involved either. So it's a good sign for the Singapore govt.

CTA should learn from countries like Singapore and stop being foolish and at the expense of the Tibetan's spiritual well being and livelihood! Now that HHDL is no longer of Head of State for CTA, the new Prime Minister should quickly get his act together and stop discriminating Tibetans from practising Dorje Shugden!

diablo1974

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 04:42:03 PM »
There are many centres in singapore, many are small not big due to the limited land in singapore and of course the rental is very high. Singapore has the freedom to practice any religion due to the fact the she had encountered religious disharmony and led to bloodshed in the past.  The singapore government tends to take a very harsh step in preventing and prosecuting people who tried to create religious disharmony be it on or off the virtual web.  So it has become a habit to respect one another religion and also to learn to appreciate the cultural differences in them.  If this small island can be a hub in promoting DS and take it off to other regions/countries, will be very good to see that happening......And another thing;   CTA won't be able to do things their way in singapore.

Barzin

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »
I am surprised that even Singapore respect religious freedom.  Just months ago we heard His Holiness talked about Dorje Shugden materials and practices are growing in Singapore, and recently we also received news that Tibetan Buddhism is growing in Singapore.  Being such a developed country and the people in Singapore are able to include dharma in their lives is something admirable.  I also read before in the forum that there is temple who bans Dorje Shugden practitioners from entering the temple.  I wonder how many Dorje Shuden practitioners are there in Singapore, wondering if it as political?  But regardless, I rejoice for the growth of dharma in Singapore!

harrynephew

• Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 01:52:28 AM »

This is a very good idea harry nephew. The Karmapa may appreciate the passion in you to spread Dorje Shugden's practice. With HH's clairvoyance, he'll be able to see that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha.

Singapore is a democratic country to some extent. Regardless, the Govt knows that politics and religion are 2 separate issues. The Government is not educated enough in religion to meddle with it and the religious leaders are not educated enough in Politics to be involved either. So it's a good sign for the Singapore govt.

CTA should learn from countries like Singapore and stop being foolish and at the expense of the Tibetan's spiritual well being and livelihood! Now that HHDL is no longer of Head of State for CTA, the new Prime Minister should quickly get his act together and stop discriminating Tibetans from practising Dorje Shugden!

The WHOLE ENTIRE reason for CTA to be what CTA is, is that they have had not the eye to 'see' how things are being carried out in the other parts of the world. Yes, we may think that HHDL has traveled to many places and have been working hard to spread the word of peace and the cause of a Free Tibet. But results shows you that the very fact the TGIE has been diminishing in size isthe way on how they operate and have been running their bandwagon the other direction.

I think it is better for us to nurture the 'new' IT sazzy generation than focus our entires life on the old folks who do not see the future. CTA can go only down, down, down with the height of their ignorrance.
Harry Nephew

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 02:47:22 AM »
Hey, I am sorry, but this is not the Karmapa endorsed and recognized by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. This Thaye Dorje is not sanctioned by His Holiness or the high lamas of all the sects of Tibetan Buddhism.

I don't think we should actually promote him as a Karmapa. After all it would hurt the institution of the Karmapas to have a false one doing the job of the genuine one.

Follow the Karmapa endorsed by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Zach

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 02:53:04 PM »
Hey, I am sorry, but this is not the Karmapa endorsed and recognized by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. This Thaye Dorje is not sanctioned by His Holiness or the high lamas of all the sects of Tibetan Buddhism.

I don't think we should actually promote him as a Karmapa. After all it would hurt the institution of the Karmapas to have a false one doing the job of the genuine one.

This is the Karmapa who was traditionally recognised, His actions of promoting Buddhadharma speak itself.

pgdharma

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »
Singapore is a modern and developed country and it is good to see that they incorporate dharma into their lives. It is also good to know that religious freedom is practice in such a progressive country. While CTA in an undeveloped country banned Dorje Shugden, countries like Singapore acknowledge the benefits and effectiveness of this practice. I guess there are many Dorje Shugden practitioners in Singapore as people are downloading, printing and distributing DS brochures and comic books there to create awareness as in the recent event in Ngee Ann City where "Jade Buddha for Universal Peace" event was hosted by Amitabha Buddhist Centre which is a part of FPMT.  http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1644.0

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 03:36:28 AM »

This is the Karmapa who was traditionally recognised, His actions of promoting Buddhadharma speak itself.

If that is the case HHDL is promoting the Buddhadharma like no lama can and that should shout volumes in itself.

If you accept the Karmapa not authorized by HHDL, then all Dorje Shugden practitioners should not accept the Panchen Lama chosen and installed by China. Traditionally the Panchen incarnations are found and recognized by HHDL always. Even if the Chinese Panchen is studying, teaching and promoting the BuddhaDharma. He is still not the real Panchen Lama as he was not recognized in the traditional manner.
   ;)