Author Topic: Samdhong Rinpoche's Encouraging Violence Against Shugden Practitioners  (Read 16889 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Prime Minister Samdhong is Encouraging Violence Against Shugden Practitioners

By goldenmala

Prime Minister Samdhong
This is the news release of Tibetan service of Radio Free Asia of December 24, 2010.

On December 24, 2010, the Prime Minister of Tibetan Government-in-Exile had a public meeting in Delhi attended by some Tibetan Parliament members,… representatives of each province of Tibet, local Tibetans living in Delhi including a representative of Dalai Lama’s office in Delhi.

“Inside and outside of Tibet Shugden followers are opponents of his Holiness Dalai Lama. They are trying to divide Tibetan community and make it against Dalai Lama, so, for example, here, in exile in India, we almost completely won and demolished Shugden followers who used to be very strong in Delhi, but not any more because we, Tibetan people, acted bravely and without hesitation against Shugden followers. But some of the roots are still left, and the Shugden followers on the way stop by in Delhi and carry out some activities. Now, without fear and hesitation, we, Tibetans, must fight and destroy Shugden followers. I am urging you to act against hesitation and fear, but of course, I will not blame you if you fear – they will fight back fearlessly and may beat some of us or kill, but if you fear and do nothing that means Shugden followers are winning. Even though you may die or face beating you must fight – it I very important”.

source:

http://shugdensociety.wordpress.com/2010/12/26/prime-minister-samdhong-is-encouraging-violence-against-shugden-practitioners/

and the original Tibetan version on Radio Free Asia is at this link:

http://www.rfa.org/tibetan/otherprograms/stringer/kalon-tripa-visits-delhi-samyeling-12242010113329.html

dsiluvu

Re: Samdhong Rinpoche's Encouraging Violence Against Shugden Practitioners
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:33:03 AM »
This is indeed scary and worrying announcement encouraging fight. Sounds like a battle is being conjure and do feel sad that again spirituality has become so degenerated and mixed up with political issues. It's shameful to see and hear this especially coming from a religion that has been so well known in preaching compassion and religious harmony and tolerance.

What exactly are they intending to create and do? What would be the TGIE or Tibetans reputation will be from such a statement of action. One thing for sure is that it will not be a good one. It sounds like one of Trijang Rinpoche's predictions coming true again...

“Even these days, some suspect those who rely upon and propitiate Gyalchen (Dorje Shugden) of conjuring ghosts, but it is the babbling talk of those who don’t understand the definitive meaning.”

- Kyabje Trijang Dorjechang Losang Yeshe, Symphony Delighting an Ocean of Conquerers, 1967

I truly hope what ever the Tibetan Govt is doing or intend to create will not create more suffering and dig their own grave bigger. A good reputation can be easily tarnished in just one single, stupid, harmful action forever.

Perhaps they do not intend to continue their legacy of compassion???

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »
I am initially shocked but recalling the TGIE's history, I am not because they have often played with human emotions of the vast majority of Tibetans who aren't educated and know very little Dharma. Hence, they will rally people based on mere words and mere emotionality of such speeches. I hope more and more Tibetans get exposed to foreign cultures, better education and also 'relearning the Dharma' for its essence and not mere blind faith in the Dalai Lama.

If the TGIE is really watching this forum, I would like say, "You guys are responsible for how the world view the Dalai Lama and the outcome and survival of your nation in exile. In my opinion,  fighting and rallying your people to fight amongst yourselves makes Tibetan independence an even more distant dream. You guys should work towards fortifying your government in the event the Dalai Lama is not around anymore (I don't wish this but I am merely stating the inevitable). He may be Chenrezig but his body is mortal and our negative karma is overpowering. So you guys should prepare to lead and make provisions for the future. Don't be short-sighted now."

beggar

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:16:59 AM »
What exactly are they intending to create and do? What would be the TGIE or Tibetans reputation will be from such a statement of action.

I truly hope what ever the Tibetan Govt is doing or intend to create will not create more suffering and dig their own grave bigger. A good reputation can be easily tarnished in just one single, stupid, harmful action forever.

A good point. What democratic, advanced government would make such a politically incorrect move? making statements like this only makes them look very backward and village-like. Unfortunately, they don't even realise what a joke they are making of themselves by saying things like this.

triesa

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 04:30:22 PM »
What exactly are they intending to create and do? What would be the TGIE or Tibetans reputation will be from such a statement of action.

A good point. What democratic, advanced government would make such a politically incorrect move? making statements like this only makes them look very backward and village-like. Unfortunately, they don't even realise what a joke they are making of themselves by saying things like this.

I agree with begger, the statement made by the TGIE make them sound like a barbaric government. The encouragement for Tibetans to fight againist other Tibetans who are Shugden practitioners and manipulating their emotions are definitely harming the credibility and reputation of TGIE.

Breeding hatred among fellow Tibetans is definitely not a Buddha's teaching.

I sincerely hope the TGIE will stop in making these types of statements again.

pgdharma

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »
Prime Minister Samdhong is Encouraging Violence Against Shugden Practitioners

“Inside and outside of Tibet Shugden followers are opponents of his Holiness Dalai Lama. They are trying to divide Tibetan community and make it against Dalai Lama, so, for example, here, in exile in India, we almost completely won and demolished Shugden followers who used to be very strong in Delhi, but not any more because we, Tibetan people, acted bravely and without hesitation against Shugden followers. But some of the roots are still left, and the Shugden followers on the way stop by in Delhi and carry out some activities. Now, without fear and hesitation, we, Tibetans, must fight and destroy Shugden followers. I am urging you to act against hesitation and fear, but of course, I will not blame you if you fear – they will fight back fearlessly and may beat some of us or kill, but if you fear and do nothing that means Shugden followers are winning. Even though you may die or face beating you must fight – it I very important”.

Never in history has Buddha taught us to fight  or create violence.  Buddhists are taught to practice compassion and tolerance. So this piece of news is just so sad and scary as spirituality has degenerated so much!

I hope  that TGIE will stop issuing this type of statements and to deceive  and play on the emotions of the ignorant peasant minded Tibetans

Mana

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »
The Beijing Olympic is over, the Tibetan government lost their chance of getting the world attention to support them to claim back Tibet forever, people are feeling down and frustrated, what to do?

Direct the attention outward of course, blame it on....AAA, BBB, CCC...(how about Shugden?) Oh yes, that's a good choice, blame it on Shugden then.

A typical lame tactic by a lame government deceiving the ignorant people.

beggar

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »
The Beijing Olympic is over, the Tibetan government lost their chance of getting the world attention to support them to claim back Tibet forever, people are feeling down and frustrated, what to do?

Direct the attention outward of course, blame it on....AAA, BBB, CCC...(how about Shugden?) Oh yes, that's a good choice, blame it on Shugden then.

A typical lame tactic by a lame government deceiving the ignorant people.

There are many things to cover up and which they need a scapegoat for, the largest being that the state oracle, Nechung, had predicted that Tibet would get its country back by 2000. That never happened, so the attention was then turned (conveniently? by Nechung?) to Dorje Shugden as the main obstacle to achieving this independence.

The Dalai Lama has also been contradictory and confusing in what he has said on the topic of tibetan independence, changing his stance from independence to autonomy? (or perhaps it was always autonomy all along, and there was actually no fight for independence?).

not very clever either, for a government to blame an entirely political, secular matter on "a demon" - they make themselves look so backward and superstitious, don't they realise?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
interestingly enough, i was reading through previous posts on the forum and came across this by TK
(http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=567.msg3946#msg3946)

To add to what you say, it is believed that the Prime Minister of Tibet, Professor Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden.

Who revealed that years ago, HH Trijang Rinpoche mentioned that clearly.

It is interesting because if Samdhong IS Dorje Shugden, then why would he be campaigning against his own practitioners... something to contemplate...

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Big Uncle

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »
interestingly enough, i was reading through previous posts on the forum and came across this by TK

To add to what you say, it is believed that the Prime Minister of Tibet, Professor Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden.

It is interesting because if Samdhong IS Dorje Shugden, then why would he be campaigning against his own practitioners... something to contemplate...

Thank you Wisdom Being. I never knew that. I always thought that he was the incarnation of Desi Sangye Gyatso. Desi is the regent of the 5th Dalai Lama, who built the Potala Palace, performed the funerary rites after the passing of the 5th Dalai Lama and then recognised and installed the 6th Dalai Lama. However, that could still mean that he is an incarnation of Dorje Shugden.

triesa

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 02:34:35 PM »

Wow, if Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden, I wonder what will unfold later.

I can't get all these into a logical arguements, except that some heavy purifications are much needed for Dorje Shugden's practice to spread more widely to benefit more people. In the meantime, I just hold my breath and wait patiently.............

beggar

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 04:23:19 PM »

Even bad publicity is good publicity? :D :D :D :D :D

Zach

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »

Even bad publicity is good publicity? :D :D :D :D :D

Interesting now this is said Trinley Kelsang said something about there have been mutterings in Dharmsala that Samdong is a Dorje shugden practitoner...Hmmm
This senario is almost like an episode out of Dynasty.  ;D

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 05:18:32 AM »
Hi Zach

I mentioned this to a friend who has friends in the Gelugpa community and he said that he had also heard that Samdhong is an emanation of Shugden. Of course all this is hearsay but interesting nevertheless.

I also read this - that Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen would incarnate everywhere....

"Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen himself wrote poetic verses mentioning that in future he will incarnate everywhere, not only in Tibet (stated in the introduction to the be.bum). A more recent scholar, one of this century, Kachen Sopala from Tashi Lhunpo Monastery, claims that Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen reincarnated in the incarnation line of Ngari Tulkus. The present Ngari Rinpoche is the brother of the Fourteenth Dalai Lama." (http://www.shugdensociety.info/Bernis2EN.html)

If Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen has incarnated as a direct relative of HH Dalai Lama, how come the Dalai Lama hasn't thrown him into prison or worse?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Helena

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 06:11:07 AM »
Every Enlightened Being works in his or her own mysterious ways to bring about the most benefit.

That is the most amazing part.

Let's not get caught up and carried away with the illusory plays but play a concrete beneficial role in every situation that reflects our Guru's teachings well.

Those are the real results that last through time and future lives.
Helena