Author Topic: Sakya Trizin concerned by manhandling of MP  (Read 3627 times)

DharmaSpace

Sakya Trizin concerned by manhandling of MP
« on: September 24, 2015, 08:33:22 AM »
DHARAMSHALA, September 21: The head of the Sakya Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism, His Eminence Sakya Trizin, has expressed his concerns over the manhandling of a member of Tibetan parliament representing Sakya by protesters demanding seat for Jhonang tradition outside the Tibetan parliament last Thursday.

The head of Sakya tradition said though there will be no change in his stance of supporting Jhonang tradition’s recognition as a separate tradition he was appalled by the turn of events last Thursday when Sakya MP Gazi Geshe Tseringpo was allegedly manhandled outside the parliament by Jhonang followers.

The letter sent from Darjeeling, where Sakya Ghongma Rinpoche currently is on a visit, states, “As you know, since the start of the discussion of whether to give equal rights to Jhonang as other major traditions I have expressed my support both in writing and verbally. It is a known fact that I have expressed my support during the religious conference in Dharamsala also and there will be no change in that.”

Sakya Ghongma Rinpoche has urged the Kashag to be mindful of the possibilities of the issue giving a way to disharmony among major religious traditions if not handled well. “The recent actions on the part of Jhonang followers towards Sakya representative has left me concerned and if it continues I fear it might lead to disharmony among various traditions,” reads the letter which have been copied to Gaden Phodrang and the Tibetan Parlaiment in Exile.

Following the decision of parliament to drop Jhonang amendment on September 18, nine people have started a hunger strike to protest the parliament’s decision, while the rest continued with the protest.

With their agitation turning ugly with manhandling of a Tibetan MP, many parliamentarians believe that Jhonang followers have made it harder, if not possible, for them to gain any support in the future sessions.

The exile government officially recognized the 11th century Jhonang tradition as the fifth living Buddhist tradition of Tibetan Buddhism in April 2010. The tradition was confirmed as a separate school at the Buddhist Conference led by the Dalai Lama on September 2011.
DHARAMSHALA, September 21: The head of the Sakya Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism, His Eminence Sakya Trizin, has expressed his concerns over the manhandling of a member of Tibetan parliament representing Sakya by protesters demanding seat for Jhonang tradition outside the Tibetan parliament last Thursday.

The head of Sakya tradition said though there will be no change in his stance of supporting Jhonang tradition’s recognition as a separate tradition he was appalled by the turn of events last Thursday when Sakya MP Gazi Geshe Tseringpo was allegedly manhandled outside the parliament by Jhonang followers.

The letter sent from Darjeeling, where Sakya Ghongma Rinpoche currently is on a visit, states, “As you know, since the start of the discussion of whether to give equal rights to Jhonang as other major traditions I have expressed my support both in writing and verbally. It is a known fact that I have expressed my support during the religious conference in Dharamsala also and there will be no change in that.”

Sakya Ghongma Rinpoche has urged the Kashag to be mindful of the possibilities of the issue giving a way to disharmony among major religious traditions if not handled well. “The recent actions on the part of Jhonang followers towards Sakya representative has left me concerned and if it continues I fear it might lead to disharmony among various traditions,” reads the letter which have been copied to Gaden Phodrang and the Tibetan Parlaiment in Exile.

Following the decision of parliament to drop Jhonang amendment on September 18, nine people have started a hunger strike to protest the parliament’s decision, while the rest continued with the protest.

With their agitation turning ugly with manhandling of a Tibetan MP, many parliamentarians believe that Jhonang followers have made it harder, if not possible, for them to gain any support in the future sessions.

The exile government officially recognized the 11th century Jhonang tradition as the fifth living Buddhist tradition of Tibetan Buddhism in April 2010. The tradition was confirmed as a separate school at the Buddhist Conference led by the Dalai Lama on September 2011.

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=36517

The CTA is really an embarrassment and inept, they truly harm the growth Tibetan Buddhism in the West and the modern world.

I always have wondered why the 41st Sakya Trinzin would capitulate so quickly back then under the Dalai lama and CTA pressure. Talk Dragpa Gyeltsen previous incarnation was Birwapa who is a lineage holder amongst the Sakyas. Won't that mean by giving up the Dorje Shudgen practice, the Sakyas also turn their backs on Birwapa and Sakya Pandita? 

fruven

Re: Sakya Trizin concerned by manhandling of MP
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 01:04:56 AM »
If CTA can get away with discriminating the Dorje Shugden practitioners of the Gelug sect can they not getaway with other sect? This just to show that CTA have so much control over religious matter eventhough they called themselves democratic. When can the Tibetans realize that CTA is the one inciting discrimination among its own people?

eyesoftara

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 05:34:09 AM »
Persoanally, I am not bothered with a government that is so degenerate. However, the CTA or any organisation that acts as a representative of the Tibetans in exile is important, insofar as to take care of their welfare. Internationally, the CTA is no more effective. Whatever, they are trying to do in Tibet is pass its usefulness.  The only thing is to administer the Tibetan in exile.

For that reason, I think all groups and schools of Buddhism, Christians, Muslims, Hindus must have representatives .That brings to another question. Can Shugden be considered another school or even simply have a representative?

fruven

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 01:12:43 AM »
CTA has so much influenced on the Tibetans in exiled that the Tibetan themselves are stuck in the circumstances that they cannot just ignore CTA when they have anything involved with Dorje Shugden. Furthermore CTA's actions are being made known throughout the world.

Tibetans represent Buddhism just like the Thais represent Buddhism. Buddha taught that we must not discriminate against others belief, race, gender, and so on. When people fight over because of discrimination it becomes very hard to live together in peace. Does one's religion promote this kind of living? Do Tibetans know that the world is watching them?