Author Topic: Shugden ban spreads to the West  (Read 5571 times)

Lineageholder

Shugden ban spreads to the West
« on: May 31, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Quite apart from the FMPT's discrimination against Dorje Shugden practitioners, this was posted on Esangha on 28th May:

Perhaps this thread could be closed to comment because I don't want to re-open this debate. However, I just received news from Sera of this policy so I want to inform others who may have taken ordination at any of the three seats. This is important because it will be kept on the record of the monastery.

The abbots of the 6 colleges of the three seats have drafted a document called a damcha, or oath, for all monks of these monasteries to sign, promising to not to engage in the propitiation or promotion of the spirit Dolgyal/Shugden. I feel it is important for all of us to demonstrate our support for His Holiness on this issue, especially as Westerners, in light of recent protests.

If you have been ordained at any of these monasteries: Drepung Gomang, Drepung Loseling, Sera Jey, Sera Med, Ganden Jangtse or Ganden Shartse, please send me the date of your ordination by email and I will send you the document. It is in Tibetan so you may need to have your resident Geshe or translator help you with it.

The abbots specifically requested all sangha from these monasteries studying or residing overseas sign the document. However, as we all know, the Tibetans aren't always so great at communicating things to us Westerners, so I wanted to let people know.

It's like poison spreading throughout the body.  How incredibly sad that this destruction of pure Dharma is due to the wrong view of just one charismatic person.  How easily sentient beings are led astray!  :(

basically

Re: Shugden ban spreads to the West
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »
Hi lineageholder

Thank you for this up to date evidence of this spreading cancer.  Now we have to become even stronger in our resolve. 

Esangha has been extremely discriminatory against Shugden throughout its history - not surprising given that Namdrol is one of the founding members of that online group (I remember well his efforts to support the DL's view in the 1990's) - now, after gathering many people on its forums it will try to use its influence to give authority to the DL's poison.

Simply put, we have to strive harder to repeat our valid arguments.  And to get them into the the attention of the rest of the world. Time is of the essence...

I have been reading the amazing threads on this wonderful site - there is so much good information here - it needs to be  collected and administered in digestible form to act as antidote to the worldwide poison of non-faith and broken commitments now spreading everywhere.  One way is for all the people coming here to educate themselves about the truth - and to then talk with others about this truth - in single-pointed manner.  Read the truth here!

We must never forget that the Dalai Lama is lying every day to the people of this world.  On the WSS website is a copy of the photograph from a German newspaper showing his second (real and true) face being revealed under the mask of the smiling lama....I find it a chilling, fearful image - such a slow painful process - at least Hitler's mask fell quickly after 1933.  When will the time come for this 21st century religious dictator be generally known for what he really is I wonder?

a friend

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 04:15:10 PM »
Hi Lineagholder,

you raise a very important point in your last message:

I have been reading the amazing threads on this wonderful site - there is so much good information here - it needs to be  collected and administered in digestible form to act as antidote to the worldwide poison of non-faith and broken commitments now spreading everywhere.  One way is for all the people coming here to educate themselves about the truth ...  Read the truth here!

The key words are "ADMINISTERED IN DIGESTIBLE FORM"
After the Olympics start ... or may be after they end, because many will like to enjoy watching them... then the focus on the DL is going to vanish, and we'll have more time to do other things. I suggest that we make a list of all the issues about our Protector's issue, then open a thread for every specific issue and hang there the answers that we already have in this website. That should be a way of making this website digestible, because it's become something huge ... almost the Dorje Shugden version of the Alexandria Library ...  :D

Very important point indeed, and a great job for our near future.

Dharmapal

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »
Yes, gathering all the excellent information and wisdom on here and making it digestible to the general public is very important.

I think it might be a good idea to start with three threads directly refuting the DL's/Office of Tibet's three reasons on their recent handout. I will type them up in three separate emails and look forward to your responses on each soon. They can always be on here as reference points. Perhaps they could become part of the main part of this website, not just hidden away in the forum?

Then I will try and simplify them and add them to the www.WisdomBuddhaDorjeShugden.org website.

beggar

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 07:21:06 PM »

Thank you people,

it is very encouraging to see that more and more of you are coming up with their own ideas on how the materials here can be used to benefit, and are willing to offer their time and energy to do so, and then share it here for all to use.

I feel it is worth the time and care because even though time is of the essence, this shift of consciousness will take time. It is much more difficult to convince with facts and truth than with sensationalism, VIP chatter and the like.

If we hope the world to trust us in anything, especially our spiritual practice, the only way is to first and foremost be trustworthy people.

Thank you all,
Yours, beggar

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »
The Three points being claimed by the Tibetan goverment and distributed at the demo's is in the form of a jpeg in the section at the top of the forum page on CLIPS, ARTICALS etc.

a friend

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 10:13:12 PM »
Mohani,

I don't know how to put that format in Word document, I've tried but it doesn't want it.
Does anybody have the document of the Tibetan government in any type of text format?

Thanks

emptymountains

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 12:45:10 AM »
From an FPMT website:

Students considering ordination should also: NOT be a Shugden practitioner

http://www.imisangha.org/ordain/requesting.html

I guess Lama Yeshe would have been disrobed/expelled from the FPMT.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 12:49:09 AM by emptymountains »

Gabby Potter

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 08:35:04 PM »
It's a good news in a sense that the ban has caught the attention from people around the world, and this is a good thing as people who really stand for something, who stand for religious freedom will decide to something about it. May the ban be lifted very swiftly and smoothly.