Author Topic: All this "why can't we all just get along" stuff...  (Read 31807 times)

honeydakini

Re: All this "why can't we all just get along" stuff...
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »
wow people here seem to be really threatened here by a view that is different from theirs huh?
It seems bizarre to me that people are getting so terribly upset and their red panties in a twist because there are participants supporting a more harmonious, and less critical/aggressive view.

it's funny isn't it that we're all supposed to be Dharma practitioners here but instead of looking for ways of actually creating more harmony, we get so terribly upset when a group of forum posters DON'T support and follow our view of "exerting moral judgement" on the Dalai Lama (or any lama or practice for that matter).

It's a forum, yo! We're here to discuss, share views, have a space to contemplate and think about stuff. Not to get all antsy and het up the minute someone says something contrary to our own views and which threatens our stance.

Don't forget amidst all this that we're actually "on your side" - ie. we love and wish to protect our Dharma Protector sacred Dorje Shugden. Just because we don't love and protect our Dharma protector in the same way as you (i.e. at the expense of bashing other lamas), it doesn't mean we shouldn't have our right to express our views and thoughts.

It also doesn't mean you have to accept nor side with our view. It's just something for you to think about and a place for other people to express their views. Don't we all have the right to do that? You don't have to react in such an offended manner! LOL Tsk, let's not get quite so sensitive, shall we!

honeydakini

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 08:11:39 PM »
by the way, what is wrong anyway with "all of us just getting along?"

Forgive me for being such a naive idealistic little Dharma practitioner, but really, what is wrong with people wanting to just get along?

And why are people getting so upset with others wanting to get along?

Would you be happier if everyone just fought with each other and had massive disagreements all the time on the forum? (perhaps it would be a more exciting, intellectually-stimulating, fun experience for you and that's what you're after?)

Or is it that you'd only be happy if every single one of the 260,000+ people who have viewed this website to hold the same view as you?

crazycloud

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
wow people here seem to be really threatened here by a view that is different from theirs huh?
It seems bizarre to me that people are getting so terribly upset and their red panties in a twist because there are participants supporting a more harmonious, and less critical/aggressive view.

You see, Honey, people here recognize aggression when they see it, and you post is pervaded by passive aggression, which is no less aggressive than any other kind. Your words are insulting, vulgar, and full of insinuation.  So please don't bother positioning yourself as "less critical/agressive" than anyone else, it is entirely transparent to others, if not to yourself.

The only way in which I am threatened is that this forum, which has been a wonderful place, is slowly filling with drivel and those who propound it.

Perhaps this seems angry or agressive to you, I suppose that is not to be helped.

it's funny isn't it that we're all supposed to be Dharma practitioners here but instead of looking for ways of actually creating more harmony, we get so terribly upset when a group of forum posters DON'T support and follow our view of "exerting moral judgement" on the Dalai Lama (or any lama or practice for that matter).

Do the people here amuse you? I think you are confused, miss. Noone asked you to exert any moral judgement whatsoever.

It's a forum, yo! We're here to discuss, share views, have a space to contemplate and think about stuff. Not to get all antsy and het up the minute someone says something contrary to our own views and which threatens our stance.

yo!

Don't forget amidst all this that we're actually "on your side" - ie. we love and wish to protect our Dharma Protector sacred Dorje Shugden. Just because we don't love and protect our Dharma protector in the same way as you (i.e. at the expense of bashing other lamas), it doesn't mean we shouldn't have our right to express our views and thoughts.

I imagine that you don't see that by repeatedly characterizing those who disagree with you as having some sort of undergarment dysfunction and being angry, bashing, etc, you are also trying to censor and silence. Please refer to your own post above and try to take it to heart. In the meantime, express away!

It also doesn't mean you have to accept nor side with our view. It's just something for you to think about and a place for other people to express their views. Don't we all have the right to do that? You don't have to react in such an offended manner! LOL Tsk, let's not get quite so sensitive, shall we!

you reassurances mean a great deal to me. I am glad I do not have accept your view in the absence of any evidence, that would be disspiriting, to say the least.

I'm not sure why you repeatedly assert your right to make your statements, has anyone intimated that you had not?

You react as you please, we will do the same.
Only someone who had no exposure to the actual consequences of what was taking place could afford to be so glib.

you can lead by example and be less sensitive yourself. If you pull it off, perhaps I will give it a try.

Haha! I did enjoy being "tsk'ed," though, thanks for that!  :)

crazycloud

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »
by the way, what is wrong anyway with "all of us just getting along?"

nothing, it is the end goal of all of us here, of course.

Forgive me for being such a naive idealistic little Dharma practitioner, but really, what is wrong with people wanting to just get along?

We all want it, but we're not going to pretend to get along when we don't at the moment. It's not an exaggeration to say that it is like someone trying to burn down your home, and having someone else say, "just get along." Fine, as soon as I stop them from torching my home!

And why are people getting so upset with others wanting to get along?

my sincere advice to you is not to assume you know what others' minds are, even (or especially!) when it appears that you can know. It will save you a great deal of heartache and prevent you from writing the same meaningless thing on the internet over and over.

Would you be happier if everyone just fought with each other and had massive disagreements all the time on the forum? (perhaps it would be a more exciting, intellectually-stimulating, fun experience for you and that's what you're after?)

YES! oh wait, no! wait, i'm confused now. Man, that was a tough one!

Sorry, answer: we would all prefer if everyone would get along, just like you.

Or is it that you'd only be happy if every single one of the 260,000+ people who have viewed this website to hold the same view as you?

i would enjoy that, yes, but i will not hold my breath. I will be happy regardless, as I am right now.

:)

Atishas cook

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »
honeydakini etc. -

like crazycloud says, of course I'd prefer for everyone to get along, but it would be, in my view, both utterly naive and extremely dangerous out of that preference to do nothing now to defend our lineage from the DL's attempt at all-out extermination.

and no, I do not believe that Dorje Shugden can magically stop him if we do nothing from our side.  this is our karma ripening after all and it's our responsibilty to do something about it, through prayer and through protest, with our holy Protector's blessings.

and no, for the last time, I am not angry with you or the DL, or upset or bitter.  i am very concerned that you and your friends, out of either naivety or malice, are in danger of weakening opposition to the DL's destructive actions through your concerted efforts to spread this "shut up and take it" approach to the DL's abuses. 

thor

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »
  I am certain that I have a special place in my heart, an entire file just for the Dalia Lama, one in which I hold that love that I held until he decided it was too boring and kept straying from all of us.

What can one do with all the broken trust and love? As I said, it harder to build wall than tear them down.
 It is he who must recant and we will see to the best of our abilities that he does it. He cannot continue to tear and claw at everyone else who does not take to his perspective. It is he that pushes the enevelope to far and causes Nations to find even more things to disagree upon.

I think everyone should do as the site logo suggest, "RATTLE THAT CAGE"
I think we should all practice Unconditional Love and the Precepts Of Lord Buddha.
I do not think we should just sit in a corner and shut up.
I do think we should make it as clear as crystal to the Dalia Lama, that it he that needs to change his attitude and listen to what we say and speak to us as Human Beings, not Aliens or Communist. If he does that, then I have no choice but to continue as before to say what it is in as many differern way possible until he gets it.

To hold someone in your heart as a spiritual guide, to respect and venerate him as such, and to trust that he knows what is best, is something that most if not all of us on this forum have done. How much would it hurt if one day we found out that we were wrong to put our trust and faith in that person? And we vent our frustrations on him again and again in the hope that he will correct his wrong ways, his wrong actions, his wrong deeds? That could happen to any of us with our own spiritual guides.

Yet, we are supposed to regards our spiritual guides as Buddhas. They ARE supposed to know better than us. And their actions could look wrong in the near term, while having far-ranging beneficial effects in the long term. What if we are all wrong? What if there was a greater purpose to his actions? What if Nechung, Dalai Lama, Shugden, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, Gangchen Rinpoche etc were working on a bigger masterplan? WHAT IF?? At this stage in the game, we would not be able to tell.

I am not saying that Dalai Lama is RIGHT. Neither am I saying he is WRONG. I am saying that I am in no position to judge his actions. He is the Dalai Lama. He has been recognised and enthroned in the tradition of Tibetan Buddhism that I am a part of. The lamas of my lineage and other lineages regard his as the Dalai Lama. The majority of lamas respect him and do not criticise his actions nor oppose him openly. Dorje Shugden does not criticise him but always advises his followers to respect the Dalai Lama and I will follow this advice.

The Dalai Lama's actions are difficult to justify or explain. But  TK's theory resonates with me (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=599.0)

We are all entitled to speak and voice our thoughts and opinions. And this is the place to do it. RATTLE THAT CAGE.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 12:38:16 AM »
When all the criticism started, I also heard Kache Marpo once say that we (our side) would never be able to find the financial resources to propagate the precious name of our protector throughout the world to an extent as it is happening now with the controversy.

I don't accept this, it seems like competition for resources and for the hearts and minds of would be devotees is the very source of many of the ills we are experiencing.  What good are big temples and fancy statues if lamas and monks have to scurry around in fear?

Also, trying to promote our protector is not quite correct thinking, the point is to achieve stable Dharma practice, something not possible with this controversy. 

Dear Trinley Kalsang & forum friends,

I am a newbie and the PURPOSE of me coming to the forum is to LEARN ABOUT DORJE SHUGDEN because I read Heart Jewel by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso and became very interested in this protector. I also study online about the protector’s line of incarnation as great masters & I wish to get DS empowerment in the future.

I do not have any secret agenda but I just happened to agree with the noobs with their idea, perhaps because I am sick of the view that His Holiness is a “bad guy”.

Please help me understand this, the fall of Tibet is bad, but that has sent many great masters out of Tibet and now Buddhism pervades the world, especially in the West because of Tibet’s fall. So in this case, do we consider this scenario of Tibet’s fall as good or bad?

Perhaps in this same way, Dalai Lama the “bad guy”, taking advantage of the current situation, is a strong force in helping to propagate the precious name of our protector throughout the world.  And I don’t think it’s due to ONLY Dalai Lama’s hardwork.

At the same time that the situation is happening with the ban, I also see that there’s contribution from:

a) other Shugden Lamas making it grow big by their own deeds & hardwork all these while, providing the foundation/ place for people to learn about Shugden since long time ago e.g Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, Gangchen Rinpoche, Venerable Kuten (Choijin) Lama in United States and so on

b) recent establishment of strong & commited Shugden sangha  & monasteries who are “fearless”
like Serpom &  Shar Ganden

c) Gaden Trisur “coming out” and joining Shar Ganden – telling the whole world that Gaden Trisur can give up everything for the protector (sends a strong message that no way will he give up DS practice)
 I think these are the contributors and hence I am not just trying to justify Dalai Lama’s actions and saying His Holiness’s “ill actions” will promote the growth of DS, but perhaps that and all the above.

For me, I personally don’t think WSS should shut up. Instead, WSS should be more ACTIVE - not in protesting, but helping to raise awareness about the practice of Dorje Shugden and how it has and could benefit the people to  potential students of Dharma, so that they can learn & study holy teachings of Je Tsongkhapa and keep the lineage and tradition alive way after we’re all gone.  I agree with WSS but not its methods. I read “The Great Deception” in the hope to learn more about the protector but ended up reading about politics (yucks!) and defamation and faults of His Holiness.

I thank TK for his non-bias views and made a newbie like me feel VERY WELCOMED always to post here because I am not as learned or have studied much re Dorje Shugden, like seniors here eg Trinley Kalsang, A Friend, or Lhakpa Gyaltshen.

I do wish this would be a place of learning about Dorje Shugden’s lineages, and DISCUSSION about what’s happening in the world of DS practitioners.  And I think instead of anymore “noobs” discussion, we should focus more on sharing news and resources to strengthen our faith & practice, instead of discussing about people’s secret agenda (EVEN if there really is any!) on the forum.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »

Dear TK, Sorry for answering here your last message addressed to me, I don´t even know where to find it since the rythm of posts has been so intense in the last hours.
Just to tell you that of course I would like to share with you a cup of tea and have a good laugh. I thank you for your sympathy, but when I spoke of shame I didn´t mean that I suffered any personal shame myself, on the contrary, I´ve always felt very happy and saintly "proud" of belonging to this holy lineage; rather that one experiences a type of shame for the person who does something wrong, particularly if one has to speak about it.
I realize that I don´t have a relaxed attitude when I see Dharma being destroyed. And for me there's no way to help in any way anybody who is destroying Dharma, let alone finding justifications that make things worse, confusing innocent people about the most basic of the Buddha´s actions, which is to show beings what to keep and what to abandon.
No matter what, I do understand the reasons others might have for doing what you and the Noobs are doing: to twist Dharma principles to justify the Dalai Lama´s actions. I understand the reasons, particularly in your case and the case of Tibetans, I understand that you want to preserve the icon of your identity as a nation.
We Westerners have an old way of dealing with these type of things: we distinguish between attacking a tenet, an action, an attitude, and attacking a person. We don´t favor attacking the person, it´s called to go "ad hominem", to go against the human being. But we do retain the right to not agreeing and to attacking the actions. Difficult, but I find it quite wise.
Obviously many people do not act according to this pattern, thus the Noobs preaching against our supposed hatred against the Dalai Lama. Or some people actually expressing hatred against him. For the most part, the people in this website do not hate the Dalai Lama but do not agree with his actions. And his actions entailing the persecution of others, well, we have not only the right but the moral obligation to help the persecuted.
So we find it quite strange that a bunch of self proclaimed practitioners of the Protector come here as a group and try to destroy our actions aimed to protect the victims of the Dalai Lama. We might try to understand their intentions and even accept that they might be good intentions. But we disagree with their purpose.
This having been said, it´s clear that there is no debate possible. I don´t see in the new people (I think Noobs is short for newbies) the slightest intention of having a debate. A debate follows the path of reasoning. They are following, according to what Ensapa said, the instructions of a Lama. The path of faith in this case seems to preclude reasoning. So there is no way we can debate. 
I have great appreciation for your kindness, TK. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear A Friend,

I fold my hands to you and I thank you for your beautiful message which I appreciate and it has touched my heart deeply.

Let me make some things clear to you please:

1. You have every right to be angry with the tenants and policies of the Dalai lama. What happened is very painful and very shocking. It hurts me too. I believe in the prophecy of Trijang Rinpoche that Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden are working hand in hand, but that DOES NOT MEAN I DON'T FEEL DISTRESSED, IN PAIN, HAVE ANGUISH, CONFUSED AND FEEL ISOLATED. I know Dorje Shugden is a Bodhisattva and his strength not to retaliate is what shows me who he is. My faith in him grows even more.  I feel everything you and everyone else feels because I am just an ordinary person who met the Dharma and trying my best to practice.

2. You have every right to express your views and I do read them and contemplate it very much. I don't think negatively of your views nor feel bad about reading them. I do not judge your views, but take intense interest to learn more.

3. Other ppl on this forum are feeling what you feel is perfectly natural and alright. I pray that this horrible ban can be changed or just disappear. All of you/us do not deserve this.

4. I have no ill feelings towards you and other ppl who express their anger toward Dalai Lama. I understand deeply how you feel. Betrayal.

5.I am not on this forum to in ANY WAY INSULT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE. Why? Because we are the same lineage, same practice, same lamas, same protector. I am on your side. I have always been on your side and will remain that way. We have the same purpose.

6. I am not posting things to justify what the Dalai lama is doing. I am offering another view to perhaps help heal the pain, betrayal and disappointment. My posts are not meant to counter you or others who feel like you in any way. I do not wish to further the hurt you, or berate you or put your feelings down. You do not deserve that for all that you have gone through. Dharma is not easy in the world today to practice.

7. Whatever I post is not following the instructions of my lamas, but from my own dedication to my lamas and Dorje Shugden. Dorje Shugden has helped me so much. I have many stories. It disturbs me deeply when Bodhisattvas like Pabongka, Trijang, Gangchen, Yongyal, Gonsar, Zong, Zemey, Dagom Rinpoches and other great beings are dragged through the dirt. I do not approve of that at all. I will counter that at every stop, but in a way that makes the anti-shugden ppl's minds calm down also in the end or die trying.

8. I will follow all of you in any way except the slander of the Dalai lama. Why? Dorje Shugden in trance through the oracles have advised us not to do so. It is on that reason and that reason alone I will not. I love Dorje Shugden tremendously. I can give my life for him if need be. So I will follow his instructions as long as I breathe. That is my reason and that is ok for me. I do not speak for anyone else because there are many factors involved, I understand.

9. I salute you and the others' strength, tenacity, stability, and perserverance in the Dharma during these difficult times. I fold my hands and bow to you and all of you humbly. Please never stop working, foruming, posting, writing, speaking for the cause of Dorje Shugden. He will prevail by the power of truth, karma and resultant karma in the near future. We will not be like the poor israelites who wandered in the Sinai desert for many more decades after recieving the covenant (ten commandments) from Moses on Mt Sinai.

10. I understand completely that you are distinguishing between attacking a tenant, an action, an attitude and the person. I understand you are attacking the actions. I fully understand and MAY I PLEASE SAY THAT I APPRECIATE THAT VERY VERY VERY MUCH AND THANK YOU AND ALL THE OTHERS. Really thank you.

Please forgive me if I have offended you of which I have no intention to from the beginning. I very much look forward to the forum daily/or as much as possible although I do have a busy schedule, but doing the forum is like doing my sadhanas/commitments daily. I feel something is missing if I don't.

I look forward to meeting all of you on the forum for many years into the future and learn so much from all your posts daily.

I truly feel indebted to all of you to spend so much time for our cause.

A friend, again, I would like to thank you for your beautiful post to me. I understand what you have written and appreciate it. Please keep in mind, whatever I will further write in the future is NEVER TO ATTACK YOU OR ANYONE, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT. It is not to attack your work nor put you or anyone down. I cannot do such a thing. It is beyond me.

I will write in my style for berating of Dorje Shugden to stop with my views and you will write for the same reasons with your views. Both our views are necessary as the audience is vast. Minds are attracted to different styles and approaches. You are not wrong. Your intent is excellent. Your motivation is excellent and your efforts will bear results.

Thank you again, I offer incense, serkym, and a candle to Dorje Shugden for you today. I request Dorje Shugden to bless you further for longer life, further growth and further realizations.

Much sincerity,

Tk

P.S. I will post this at other other threads where we have communicated so you can access it easily.

honeydakini

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 02:44:22 PM »
Dear CRAZY CLOUD, ATISHA'S COOK etc,

I must apologise for reacting so hastily and i am sorry if I have come across as also being belligerent (falling into my own trap!). Thank you for taking the time to respond to my posts, especially CRAZY CLOUD; I appreciate it. I do understand your points that you are not against the Dalai Lama, per say, but against his actions, and I do also agree very much that the actual facts of what is happening must not be ignored. I actively share and promote this website to others because I do very much appreciate the accounts that are given of what is really going. And it is most definitely necessary for the world to see what is happening.

However, I do also appreciate and support the stance that while we should be aware of what is going on, we don't necessarily need to criticise to make this happen. I believe that showing the gruesome and horrible facts and providing knowledge and information is in itself very convincing of what is "wrong" and what is, at this time, not in line with the Dharma teachings that we are all trying to practice. This is just my view, but, like I said myself (and shouldn't contradict!), this is a forum, so we must continue to talk talk talk and debate. I guess this in itself is providing knowledge and information for many thousands of others to read, understand and eventually develop their own views and action.

Like I said in my previous post, we are all actually "on the same side" - i.e. we all love our protector and wish to further his practice in the world and share the benefit of his practice with others. I am sorry if I have added to conflict even within the "same camp" - it was not my intention to do this and I am real glad to hear that everyone is still discussing openly and this space allows that.

i also appreciate and understand that your "reaction" towards the noobs and speaking up about our posts, is out of a great concern that we may be causing disharmony . I read Atisha's cook's post (as was quoted by TK) that he was concerned that we were trying to undermine or destroy the many efforts to "help the persecuted". I had not intended to do this in any way and i apologise if it came across as if I did not appreciate nor care about your practice and the pain that you have also experienced through the many years of this ban.

I just wished to share a differing view which I do hold but, like TK, I personally don't wish to speak against the Dalai Lama. I apologise again that I had misread your comments as being "against" the noobs or being threatened or angered.

Truce? and onwards onwards to more sharing and discussion...!

Lineageholder

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 04:32:50 PM »
I am not saying that Dalai Lama is RIGHT. Neither am I saying he is WRONG. I am saying that I am in no position to judge his actions. He is the Dalai Lama. He has been recognised and enthroned in the tradition of Tibetan Buddhism that I am a part of. The lamas of my lineage and other lineages regard his as the Dalai Lama. The majority of lamas respect him and do not criticise his actions nor oppose him openly. Dorje Shugden does not criticise him but always advises his followers to respect the Dalai Lama and I will follow this advice.

Please, use your wisdom.  What the Dalai Lama is doing is either guided by wisdom or guided by ignorance.  Your inability to come to a clear conclusion regarding the Dalai Lama is due to your attachment to him.  Can't an imposter be enthroned in the tradition of Tibetan Buddhism?  LOOK AT HIS ACTIONS AND TELL ME IF THEY ARE IN ACCORDANCE WITH BUDDHA'S TEACHINGS.  Do they lead to happiness or suffering?

Be objective, don't depend upon titles and reputation but upon the evidence of the actions.  His actions are insane, they are not the actions of a holy being.  Since when has disparaging one's Gurus and trying to destroy their tradition been the actions of a holy being?  Someone else in this forum used Marpa and Milarepa as an example.  Even though he was severely 'mistreated' by Marpa, Milarepa never criticised him but tried to keep pure view.  The Dalai Lama has received nothing but kindness from his Guru Trijang Rinpoche but he has the audacity to blackmail him and denounce him.  ARE THESE THE ACTIONS OF A HOLY BEING?

Every word of 'A Great Deception' is the truth.  It could have been written by your Teacher, you don't know.  The Dalai Lama is an imposter who is harming the Dharma.  Look at the evidence, see the truth and stop 'the great deception' of lying to yourself and misleading others.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 05:46:34 PM »
Re HH the Daiai Lama, i do not know whether he is insane or not and I am in no position to judge - however,

1. My Guru tells me to respect HH the Dalai Lama and not criticise him.
2. Dorje Shugden through oracles have said the same thing.
"Whenever Dorje Shugden takes trance in any of the oracles, he never criticizes the Dalai Lama and in fact tells the audience to always withold criticism towards Dalai Lama. He can say nothing about the Dalai Lama and just keep quiet. Dorje Shugden is well known to not answer questions that has little meaning, insignificant, or unacceptable to the listener. When questions are presented to him through the oracle, he often skips through questions that should not be answered at this time or has no meaning." (read more here http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1425)

I believe your Gurus may advise differently from my Guru, so we shall follow our own paths for the common goal of ensuring that Dorje Shugden practice endures.

Happy Losar!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 05:36:44 AM »
Re HH the Daiai Lama, i do not know whether he is insane or not and I am in no position to judge - however,

1. My Guru tells me to respect HH the Dalai Lama and not criticise him.
2. Dorje Shugden through oracles have said the same thing.
"Whenever Dorje Shugden takes trance in any of the oracles, he never criticizes the Dalai Lama and in fact tells the audience to always withold criticism towards Dalai Lama. He can say nothing about the Dalai Lama and just keep quiet. Dorje Shugden is well known to not answer questions that has little meaning, insignificant, or unacceptable to the listener. When questions are presented to him through the oracle, he often skips through questions that should not be answered at this time or has no meaning." (read more here http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1425)

I believe your Gurus may advise differently from my Guru, so we shall follow our own paths for the common goal of ensuring that Dorje Shugden practice endures.

Happy Losar!

I agree with you Wisdom Being. For those who believe in Dorje Shugden but doubt in oracles due to Nechung’s inconsistencies, well DORJE SHUGDEN is NOT Nechung!

And if you believe that Nechung was the one who encouraged Duldzin to become a protector, why would Nechung now oppose Dorje Shugden. I don’t think Nechung is jealous of a protector whom he has helped to create.  Nechung is going to stepped down and Dorje Shugden is going to take his place as the the chief dharmapala of Tibet after Nechung has (read my post in this thread: Re: HH the 16th Karmapa: a deity that one must rely on in the future, http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=565.msg4313#msg4313)

Also, if you doubt the oracles, then why do you think many high lamas, including Shar Ganden, Lama Gangchen Rinpoche, and many centres still continue to consult Dorje Shugden? Many high lamas with clairvoyant powers are showing us that this is one method that we can rely on, because we do not have clairvoyant.

crazycloud

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 05:50:06 AM »
Dear CRAZY CLOUD, ATISHA'S COOK etc,

I must apologise for reacting so hastily and i am sorry if I have come across as also being belligerent (falling into my own trap!). Thank you for taking the time to respond to my posts, especially CRAZY CLOUD; I appreciate it. I do understand your points that you are not against the Dalai Lama, per say, but against his actions, and I do also agree very much that the actual facts of what is happening must not be ignored. I actively share and promote this website to others because I do very much appreciate the accounts that are given of what is really going. And it is most definitely necessary for the world to see what is happening.

To quote Biggie Smalls, "Now Honey plays me close like butter played toast."

However, I do also appreciate and support the stance that while we should be aware of what is going on, we don't necessarily need to criticise to make this happen. I believe that showing the gruesome and horrible facts and providing knowledge and information is in itself very convincing of what is "wrong" and what is, at this time, not in line with the Dharma teachings that we are all trying to practice. This is just my view, but, like I said myself (and shouldn't contradict!), this is a forum, so we must continue to talk talk talk and debate. I guess this in itself is providing knowledge and information for many thousands of others to read, understand and eventually develop their own views and action.

This is the core of our disagreement, and it is a very difficult one to navigate, because some of us here are following our Gurus, and some of you are following yours. They are giving conflicting advice. The problem for me in many of the posts that I have been reading here of late is that I often feel that  the newer members are trying to foist their Guru's advice on others, and that is generally in poor taste.

The way I see it, and I am well aware this is not a view that is accepted by all, is that the Dalai Lama is a deluded man in a high political position. This whole view that the DL is working for the spread of the practice is just absurd on its face, and has nothing to recommend it other than our hopes that everyone can be pals. It is so painful to read things like "Why would the DL do so many horrible and contradictory things, it doesn't make sense, there must be a bigger plan in the works!"

so from our point of view, actually it is necessary to destroy the Dalai Lama's reputation with our words. Does this mean we dislike the Dalai Lama? That would be contradictory and meaningless, and this is another reason that is has been so unpleasant to read the nooby posts suggesting over and over that we shouldn't be angry and hateful, as though we were. It really is so presumtuous and shallow and yes, unkind.

So when people say, as you do above, that we can point out what is taking place but there is no need to critisize, we must part company. Please believe me, it's an idea I like, and am very attracted to, and idea many of us had been trying since the mid-nineties. The secret is, and lean in real close now...it will not work.

The Dalai Lama is using his speech to destroy our lineage, and he simply has too much unchallenged authority, even when he blatantly lies, no-one dares say 'boo', because their reputation is immediately trashed. If we do not reduce the power of his speech by telling the truth and by this I mean the whole stinking messy hideous embarassing truth, our lineage will be finished. When your Lama and mine are gone, the TGIE and it's western lackeys will descend like vultures and try to finish us off.

So yes, it is gross, some of the things we have to. And yes, our reputation will be damaged by all the screaming and yelling and name calling. I completely agree with you that in the eyes of others it is unpalatable, and turns them off Dorje Shugden and even Buddhism in general to some extent. However, and this is a BIG however, if we embarass the Dalai Lama, he has to stop persecuting the people, because it is against the law and it destroys the only thing this man has, which is his unearned reputation, a fragile thing if ever there was one.

So when we protested most recently, in 08, we were greeted by a wave of thank you's from DS practitioners in the Tibetan settlements, they were praying for us, and many said that if it wouldn't cause their families to be made outcast, the would stand up wiht us. It WORKED, and the DL had to back off his intensifying campaign against the practitoners. Many of the Lamas who supported the WSS and who have many western disciples paid for all the food and housing for the expelled monks, hundreds and hundreds of them, and then donated a great deal of money, enabling Serpom Norling and Ganden Shartse to come into being.

This is not a discussion targeted at bourgeois educated elite westerners, it is a centuries old feud born in Tibet. This is how this debate is conducted, and miss honeydakini, it is a gutter streetfight.

So I am sorry it is embarassing to some that we use harsh language. I'm sure it seems un-Buddhist to some, but frankly my dear... well, you know the rest.

Does anyone really think that the Dalai Lama is a Muslim? Of course not. Calling him 'saffron robed muslim' means "dharma destroyer" in Tibetan feud-ese. When they expelled Venerable Geshe Kelang Gyatso from Sera, the abbot called him "Mohammed of Gazhni." Did one sinlge person stand up and say, "hey, for the abbot of one of the most renowned Buddhist monasteries that ever was, that is harsh speech! Sir, you are breaking your precepts! How un-Buddhist!" Did the Dalai Lama say one thing? Was this man reprimanded? THE TGIE PUT THE LETTER ON THEIR WEBSITE! THEY WERE PROUD OF IT!

This is because the Muslims wiped out Buddhism in the Holy land, India, so calling someone a Muslim in this context is saying "you are destroying Buddhas teachings."

Right now the whole world thinks the Dalai Lama is someone that he certainly is not, and those scales must be removed from the eyes, otherwise not just Dorje Shugden practice will be destroyed, the entire Buddhadharma as it existed in Tibet will be lost, as we swirl into a frenzy of blind tulku-following, oracle-worshipping, lineage-ignoring superstition and nonsense.

so, even if everyone thinks we are crazy, and the academics and hollywood-set despair of us, we will go on shouting and calling our names, and gradually, actual people who don't give a fig that some people think the Dalai Lama is a god will look at this situation and think "he's not who he pretends to be." Really, it couldn't be clearer, if one has the courage to look. The only people who don't see it are those who have been told that "his holiness" is Avalokiteshvara, and have swallowed this view, in an absolute perversion of guruyoga, the politisizing and standardizing a view that is meant to be a practice for his trained disciples.

now, many lamas will try to minimize conflict, because they are invested in the cause of Tibet, and they have samaya with this political lama. Sad for them. This view does not constrain us in the west. I will tell you openly that I do not trust Tibetans in the settlements to be able to say what they really feel, they are under a terrible pressure. Even many Tibetans outside who have family in india cannot say what they think. So we say it for them.

When people say "Trijang never speaks against, Dagom never does, Gangchen never does...." This entirely misses the point. The disiples of these lamas do, what does that tell you? These lamas say what they think privately, but they are cornered, and cannot say publically what they feel. Many close disciples of Dagom Rinpoche feel that he was murdered over this, and they told me this themselves.

Here's an anecdote for you....

At one of the demonstrations, a huge tibetan dude pulled his giant Escalade onto the sidewalk in front of myself and a tibetan practitioner, and drew his finger across his throat while grimacing and leering at my friend. The indication was "I will slit your throat. Then he backed it up by saying, "when you get back to india, you will not live three days. I will find your family." He was seething with hate, and I can tell you I was genuinely unnerved. Then this charming fellow took out his digital camera and snapped a picture of my friend. A few days later this picture appeared on wanted posters all around Queens, where he lived, pointing out that he was a chinese spy and that something should be done. I'm fairly sure that precisely what that meant was evident to all. I have a picture of this poster.

I was shaken, and tried to be supportive, and asked if he was ok. He said, "Maybe they will kill me, but I can't be afraid anymore." There was a hard set in his jaw, and he looked sad and resolved in a way I have never forgotten.

I wonder why more people don't speak out? It must be because His Holiness is Avalokishevara, no?

Like I said in my previous post, we are all actually "on the same side" - i.e. we all love our protector and wish to further his practice in the world and share the benefit of his practice with others. I am sorry if I have added to conflict even within the "same camp" - it was not my intention to do this and I am real glad to hear that everyone is still discussing openly and this space allows that.

yeah, ok.

I just wished to share a differing view which I do hold but, like TK, I personally don't wish to speak against the Dalai Lama. I apologise again that I had misread your comments as being "against" the noobs or being threatened or angered.

I can only speak for myself when I say I am definitely not against anyone here.

Truce? and onwards onwards to more sharing and discussion...!

you can be a friend of mine any day.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 08:18:16 AM »
haha i had no idea i disturbed all of you so badly and when did i threaten you guys? how can that be perceived as a threat when all i said that the way some of the posts would make my monk friends laugh because they know whats really going on? when have Dharma practitioners become so paranoid and unsettling? is this the result of propitiating Shudgen? Please let me know it is not.

Just because I spell Shudgen in this way dosent mean that 'i cant spell it correctly' it just happens to be a different dialect. And i'm more comfortable with that one.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe perhaps an extremely realized being has asked his disciples to perhaps, help you see the bigger picture which is why they come in here to not only help you realize but make this forum more active than it could be? Because he sees the big picture?

Especially because we are Shudgen practitioners we should not be BITTER or show our bitterness towards DL. What kind of example is that? Shudgen himself has ask his followers to respect DL in trances. Yet why do some people explicitly transgress this simple instruction?

i'm not telling anyone what to do but just a few points that i'm putting here for everyone to think about.

I'm sure different Lamas will give different advice according to the situation, the level and characters of their students etc. We are all reflections and representations of our Lamas and only WE ourselves know if we are representing our Lama and lineage well.

Even though I empathise with your view, which is similar to mine, i do not particularly care for the tone which may give the impression of too much ego. I'm sure your Lama (if you have one) is a qualified Lama but Ensapa - please reflect your Lama and your lineage well and please convey your messages with humility and respect. Sangha do not laugh at others, Ensapa.

Also, you hint that a realised being is asking his disciples to help? Are you talking from your own perspective or on behalf of the so-called 'noobs'? Do you not have enough substance on your own to speak from that you need to pull the 'realised being' card? Whether someone is a realised being or not is already contentious - just because you think someone is highly realised, it doesn't mean that I or anyone else will agree.We already don't even agree that the Dalai Lama is a realised being or not!

Anyway, i hope you don't mind my frankness. No offence intended. Please contemplate, Dharma brother, contemplate.

Happy Losar!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Atishas cook

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 09:37:05 AM »
crazycloud, you've said everything i was about to.  i agree with you on this 100%.