Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Vajra Dance  (Read 6577 times)

DharmaSpace

Dorje Shugden Vajra Dance
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:58:00 AM »
Small | Large

What is the significance of the Dorje Shugden Vajra Dance, any scholars who can help with this? Who are the people in the dance and so forth. It looks like they are telling a story.

Big Uncle

Re: Dorje Shugden Vajra Dance
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 03:44:45 AM »
No idea. I couldn't find much on the Internet. Perhaps the Dorje Shugden dance was the old way of educating the public about the nature, background and history of Dorje Shugden practice.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
Hahaha take it that the admin managed to find a video no one else has access to.

Seems to me to be either an offering to Dorje Shugden, or some kind of subduing dance (because theyre doing the same actions in the four cardinal directions). But Im not saying that based on any form of authority, Im just supposing. The videos too short to draw any form of informed conclusions!

thor

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 12:31:56 AM »
How grand and wonderfully strange this dance is! I have only heard of Dorje Shugden cham dances in the past, but this certainly doesnt look like cham! The lama looks grand in his pandit hat - perhaps this is not a dance but a ritual of some sort that requires moving about.

whitelion

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 11:05:12 PM »
This looks nice, although i don't really understand what is it about, but a big enent on green field, with the special prayer chanting. We can see, we can hear the people on the background is talking happily, is this what "evil" protector should do ? Abviously Dorje Shugden can't never be an evil, hence all the activities will be benefiting to whoever taking part with. They people are laughing, people are enjoying because it's just like celebrating Buddha's birthday, this is nothing wrong.
 I hope people behind this website always in a stable health so we the readers will get more new news around the worild.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 09:35:22 AM »
This is a very interesting video to watch.  Personally I have seen the dance by Dorje Shugden's oracle and I was told that it is to remove obstacles?

Otherwise there does not seem to have much information that I could find on this vajra dance in the fields.

Beautiful to watch.

angelica

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 04:03:48 PM »
Sharing another special Vajra Dance in Kechara Forest Retreat Wisdom Hall. The Vajra dance was performed to clear obstacles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5nO9lj5uFc

James Bond

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 03:22:07 PM »
Hmm..very interesting. Personally I never knew that this dance even existed. But by the looks of it, it seems to be very holy and definitely has a message or purpose behind it.

I've tried to find out what that message or purpose is, but i simply can't pinpoint the answer. I would say, from first view of the dance, its some kind of ritual to bless the environment and the people. That is one idea i have, another could be that it is to teach the people the roots of Dorje Shugden through actions such as this dance. This is really very interesting. I am sure that if we were to actually witness this dance live it would be a completely new experience.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 10:42:42 AM »
Wow, I have only seen the vajra dance done by oracles before. Never have seen something like that doing in an open field space by monks. It is really amazing how pretty the dance is and that how it is being done in front of a crowd like that.

If so many people can be rejoicing at something so great like that, then would that be rejoicing for something that is demonic or even negative?

Through the dance and celebration that is being seen, it can only be showed that Dorje Shugden is indeed an enlightened being. Otherwise, people will not be flocking in for the miraculous powers that Dorje Shugden have shown.

fruven

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 12:45:30 AM »
I think it could be a ritual being used to bless people and environment, or a story as mentioned by poster. In Buddhism prayers and rituals are offerings to request for help and assistance to overcome personal or group obstacles. Regardless it is good the tradition is still maintained there.