Author Topic: H.E. Dromo Geshe Rinpoche visits Shar Gaden in Mundgod  (Read 6624 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
H.E. Dromo Geshe Rinpoche visits Shar Gaden in Mundgod
« on: December 02, 2009, 03:45:58 AM »

I have recieved the following news which I joyfully share with everyone.

1. Yesterday the monks of Shar Gaden was ready and waiting to recieve the current incarnation of Dromo Geshe Rinpoche for the first time. The line of Dromo Geshe reincarnations usually recieve the education from Sera Je in the past. But obviously that is not possible now.

2. Dromo Geshe will visit Shar Gaden in Mundgod and stay for approximately 6 weeks. Then he will leave.

3. Then he will return for a permanent stay in Shar Gaden to recieve his education. That is correct, he will be a permanent incumbent of the illustrious Shar Gaden Monastery.

4. The current Dromo Geshe has been recognized by our great Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche in the US. Trijang Rinpoche and Dromo Geshe have had a special and intimate relationship for many lifetimes.

With the arrival of the famous Dromo Geshe to Shar Gaden, it will definitely 'open' the example of other illustrious High Reincarnations of the lineage belonging to Dorje Shugden to visit and or enroll with Shar Gaden. I hope that to be so soon.

Side note- the Tibetan Govt in exile has recognized another Dromo Geshe Rinpoche who has entered Sera Je College already.

a friend

Re: H.E. Dromo Geshe Rinpoche visits Shar Gaden in Mundgod
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 01:18:56 AM »
Dear friend:

Thank you for your joy and your willingness to share such news about Domo Geshe Rinpoche.
Actually the great news is that such a great and holy Lama is back with us in human form.
A couple of details. Domo Geshe Rinpoche was enthroned in Shar Ganden last April.
And the only Domo Geshe Rinpoche to have attended Sera Jey was the previous one.
The first Domo Geshe Rinpoche belonged to Tashi Hlungpo.

crazycloud

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 06:14:21 PM »
And the only Domo Geshe Rinpoche to have attended Sera Jey was the previous one.
The first Domo Geshe Rinpoche belonged to Tashi Hlungpo.

I think the post is not talking about previous incarnations like Tashi Lhunpo Domo Geshe, but rather a child recognized by the DL and TGIE who is attending Sera Je NOW.

a friend

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »
Thank you, Crazycloud. But TK referred to both, as you can see in his message:

The line of Dromo Geshe reincarnations usually recieve the education from Sera Je in the past. But obviously that is not possible now.

Side note- the Tibetan Govt in exile has recognized another Dromo Geshe Rinpoche who has entered Sera Je College already.

I was thinking what could be important in this matter of the monastery he belonged to.
I think its importance is manifold. But what comes to mind right now is that the previous Domo Geshe Rinpoche, after being released from prison in Lhasa, spent there one year roaming places, to the risk of his life, to find and collect the scriptures that were specific for every one of the great monasteries, foreseeing that the monasteries in exile that still didn't exist at that time would need them in the future for their studies, and managed to send them out of Tibet entrusting them to different people, like merchants, to be smuggled into India. So he didn't try to find the scriptures belonging to his own monastery only, but thought of helping all of them. This is just a small sample of his greatness and his kindness. In the end, although he was never caught in his activities, the Chinese decided to get rid of him and sent him into exile. Such great fortune for us Western people!
So, thank you Crazycloud for prompting me to remember some moments in the life of this great Teacher.

crazycloud

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 04:06:54 AM »
So he didn't try to find the scriptures belonging to his own monastery only, but thought of helping all of them. This is just a small sample of his greatness and his kindness. In the end, although he was never caught in his activities, the Chinese decided to get rid of him and sent him into exile. Such great fortune for us Western people!

Fantastic stuff!

nirvana

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 08:53:56 AM »
This is truly joyful news, in such turbulent times news such as this is just wonderful. I hear that this wonderful reincarnation has been born to a Nyingmapa family as was the earlier reincarnations- that just shows how non -secterian Domo Geshe Rinpoche is as these highly attained Lama's have the powers to redirect their birth wherever they choose to be born.

There has been false accusations by DL and the TGIE about the secterian nature of Dorje Shugden practise, this can be proven to be merely gossip and slander, as it is a fact that dating back to the times of the first,  H.E. Dromo Geshe Rinpoche  Nawang Kelsang (1866), the Dungkhar Gonpa in Dromo and all monasteries under Drom Geshe Rinpoche did the annual joint reading of 12 collected works(sung- Bum) Guru Rinpoche's Tsog - Bum and another  practise was a special Guru Rinpoche (Padmasmbhava) ritual. To this day the monasteries continue with the practise- for further proof of non secterian attitude, I have  seen video recordings and pictures in all Dromo Rinpoche's monasteries  a Guru Padmasambhava in the prayer hall, frsco paintings of the great Yogi Milarepa, the great Sakyapa's etc- that shows his respect for all traditions and yet he was one of the grestest Kadampas.

to be continued :)