Author Topic: Flattering to deceive  (Read 3327 times)

Dharmapal

Flattering to deceive
« on: June 03, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »
I saw this new article and wondered if any of you would like to write to The Hindu News to point out the inconsistencies between the Dalai Lama's words and actions. I posted my opinion below.

India's religious tolerance a role model for world: Dalai Lama
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200806011440.htm

New Delhi (PTI): Lauding India for its secular values, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Sunday said the country's "religious tolerance" can be a "role model" for the rest of the world.

"India's long tradition of religions tolerance can be a role model for rest of the world," he said here while speaking at an international Anti-Terrorism Conference which was attended by leaders from several countries.

"Major religions of the world like Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism originated in India and it provided shelter to followers of religions like Zoroastrianism. These can be a model for rest of the world," he said.
Referring to Pakistan and Iraq, where Shia-Sunni strife has claimed hundreds of lives, he said it is India where people of all religions and sects live peacefully.”

Peacefully, that is, except in the Tibetan exile community! But now we hope that India can be a role model for the Dalai Lama himself. The Dalai Lama uses flattering words to deceive the Indians that he is a tolerant man, while at the same time breaking the Indian constitution by persecuting the people in his own backyard. We pray that India can live up to its justifiably fine reputation for supporting religious tolerance by allowing the followers of the Deity Dorje Shugden to live peacefully in the Tibetan community in exile through stopping the Dalai Lama’s unlawful and intolerant actions against them.

dharmacrazy79

• Email
Re: Flattering to deceive
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:57:11 AM »
In dharma, we talk about progress. I learn in a teaching that spiritual progress can be measured in how much more we can tolerate as we learn and practice Dharma. It is wonderful that India promoted, respected and protected religious tolerance. However, the recent deportation of Yongyal Rinpoche with no support of strong and tangible reasons does not reflect this tolerance.

As, it has been said time and again, do not mix spirituality with politics. How much more do we want to accelerate the degeneration?

‘Pro-China’ Tibetan lama is deported from Bengaluru - Bangalore Mirror - http://www.bangaloremirror.com/bangalore/cover-story/Pro-China-Tibetan-lama-is-deported-from-Bengaluru/articleshow/45904018.cms