Author Topic: Bullying and Religious Discrimination: What Tibetan Shugdens Experience  (Read 4280 times)

Ringo Starr

• Email
https://www.dalailamanews.com/bullying-religious-discrimination-tibetan-shugdens-experience/

8 Examples of Religious Discrimination & Bullying

What if…

Due to religious discrimination, you couldn’t hold a government job?
Bullies in your community constantly threatened you and your family because of your faith?
Online, cyber bullying followed you everywhere you go?
On top of all this, you live in an exile community in a foreign land, but because of your religious beliefs, even your own people ostracize you?

kris

Re: Bullying and Religious Discrimination: What Tibetan Shugdens Experience
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:01:52 AM »
Just like what the article said, even the CTA itself is confused about how to respond when asked about this ban. Some said there is no ban, but others said there is ban because the monks are going against HH Dalai Lama. So, which is correct? Can't CTA just have a standard answer?

I feel that CTA knows that they cannot afford to openly admit there is a ban, because the stake is too high, especially they are still very much relying on the donations from the western countries.

VeronicaSmith

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 04:12:51 PM »
This is so cruel how these poor people are basically kicked out of their country and are hated by everyone because of their beliefs. This is so sad and i feel so bad for the people that are bullied by their people. I cannot imagine being called a criminal because of my beliefs, I have a large respect for the Dalai Lama and I do think that Dorje Shugden is a true protector and is my protector, but to be called a criminal by people and to have restrictions because of your right to believe in something, that so horrible. The people here should just agree to disagree and just leave each other alone because the Shugden followers are not doing anything wrong. The worst thing is that they say that there is no problems that they are giving them and that they are not against them in that way, the people that do this are so cruel. Just because they believe in the truth, they are not even against them because they respect the Dalai Lama! This is horrible. :'(

dharmacrazy79

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 05:47:25 AM »
There is a contradiction about the ban: how can one claim that there is no ban when there are official swearing out events at monasteries where monks queue up in front of authorities to swear they don’t do such a practice. To top that off, monks who do not swear out are expelled. Therefore…if there is no ban, there is not event or ceremony where masses willingly or unwillingly engage in a particular process…also, if there is no ban, there is no consequence whatsoever for non-compliance. Therefore, there may be official documents with a title stating “Ban”, but actions speak louder than words and any person can identify the signs of a ban from execution and consequence.

Additionally, the campaign against Dorje Shugden and Dorje Shugden practitioners goes against every Buddhist principal and basis of humanity. Buddhadharma is for the benefit of all sentient beings. An important aspect of Dharma practice is setting the right motivation before embarking on any practice. In general, there are 3 scopes of motivation based on the 3 traditions of Theravada, Mahayana and Vajrayana (please refer to Liberation in the Palm of Your Hands for details), but they all share the common purpose to benefit ALL SENTIENT BEINGS of the 6 realms. If Dharma is taught for the benefit of all beings, why exclude Dorje Shugden practitioners? This conflicts with the teachings of Dharma and based on one of the greatness of Dharma, there is NO CONTRADICTION in the teachings of Buddha. Therefore, this ban and forbiddance against Dorje Shugden and Dorje Shugden practitioner is NOT DHARMA. It cannot be…cruelty, escalating suffering etc. cannot be Dharma.

eyesoftara

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 10:15:49 AM »
What if? Then there is discriminations that smack in the face of the biggest democracy in the world, India. I am so ashamed of this and the Indian government is not doing anything about this discrimination in their own backyard. What a shame!
No wonder some people say that Tibetan Buddhism is degenerating generally for it have come to this kind of ignorance that is totally without compassion, the number practice of Buddhism.

tingtong

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 12:40:46 AM »
I didn't know mankind can be that cruel.. and we are all saying that all of us practices Buddhism? I thought all religion teaches compassion and forgiveness.. but how do you want to be respected when you don't even do the same?

grandmapele

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 06:49:15 AM »
This ban is so high profile now and yet the CTA denies it and then practice what we used to say as kids - I don't like your face, so you cannot play with us! They are being very childish about the whole business of the ban and they want to play high international stakes? Crossing boundaries with total disregard for the host countries? They are getting away with it so far and I think they are accusing the Chinese backing as spin tactic. The truth may yet be that they are the ones on the take of the Chinese. "oh, the web we weave when we first practice to deceive!"

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
There are much more for Shugden practitioners have to suffer if the ban continues, not only there are experiencing the inconvenience of their daily lives but to some the separation amongst families which leads to emotionally distressed. Why this religion supposedly to teach us to be compassionate, tolerance, love, care and the ultimate enlightenment have becoming a victim of selfishness, desire, hatred and violence. How ironic.

And yet, the CTA or the Tibetan government in exile still kept denying to the media and the public there are no such ban exist even though with all the proof are available online. With these day and age, especially the youngster who are pretty much tech-savvy is very hard for the CTA not to worry about their younger generation who are learned will raise question to the government about this issue of Dorje Shugden which they claimed to be an 'evil spirit'.

Below is the link to a very short, powerful video of Tibetan students questioning Sikyong Lobsang Sangay and the doubts that have arisen because of the ban on Dorje Shugden. This is a must-watch video to understand what is happening within the Tibetan communities, and how Tibetans are finally speaking up against the ban, and recognising its unfair and undemocratic nature.

http://video.dorjeshugden.com/videos/tibetan-youth-questions-sikyong-engsub.flv

Gabby Potter

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 01:09:42 PM »
This is really unfair towards the community, everyone has the right to practise whatever religion they want to. We are just ordinary human beings, no one has the right to stop us from practising our religion, not even the CTAs. Who are you to judge? Just because of your stubbornness and egoism, everybody has to suffer, families have to be parted. Please think about it, what do you get out of making their lives sad and miserable? Please stop what you're doing now, it's time to practise compassion and peacefulness as this is what your country represents, not war and disharmony.