Author Topic: My beautiful image of Dorje Shugden made by hand  (Read 10542 times)

DharmaSpace

Re: My beautiful image of Dorje Shugden made by hand
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 02:57:59 PM »
What an amazing gift, and the image is so life like and I like the lion which looks very similar to Chinese lions on murals, nice touch. Dorje Shudgen is ready to explode into China, and no better way than through the online resources, through online media one can go in and tap into millions in one go. China is no stranger to Manjushri and Lama Tsongkhapa, the Chinese will find it very apt to engage in the practice of Dorje Shugden!

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »
My beautiful handmade tsatsa (2 dimensional plaster of paris) of the King Dorje Shugden. It is around 12 inches in height and 6 inches wide. The main image is King Dorje Shugden and above centre is Lord Tsongakapa in the long life form. To the left is Shakyamuni and right is Manjushri.

This was given to me by a friend who had handmade it as a gift for me. I was blown away.

What a beautiful gift. I wanted to share this with everyone.

I am so, so jealous!  ;D How I wish I have a friend or friends who are artistic and love to make images of King Shugden and gift them to me. I have some buddies who would die to have their hands of these images. Fortunately the Online Shop has so many goodies of The King. Thank you, thaimonk, for sharing these pictures from your personal collection.

so_003

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 04:34:37 PM »
Wow… the tsa tsa is very beautiful. Very nice handwork and also great info provide by rossoneri. I wonder if there is dorje shugden mould for sale or not. It would be good to do a tsa tsa making retreat.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 05:41:28 AM »
Wow… the tsa tsa is very beautiful. Very nice handwork and also great info provide by rossoneri. I wonder if there is dorje shugden mould for sale or not. It would be good to do a tsa tsa making retreat.

A tsatsa making retreat is a very good way of purifying negativities of the body, speech and mind. If it was making Dorje Shugden tsatsas, the benefit would be much more as we also create the causes to attain the state of enlightenment and also to help purify obstacles at the same time. Here's a writeup on the benefits of making tsatsas by Zopa Rinpoche:

The benefits of making tsa-tsas and statues were explained by Guru Shakyamuni Buddha to King Sengyäl, in a sutra. The essence is that the happiness of sentient beings depends on the teachings lasting a long time and being developed. This does not mean just the scriptures. If you remember when you say “teachings” that the meaning is abandoning bad karma and creating good karma, it is clear why the happiness of sentient beings depends on the teachings. The teachings were revealed by Buddha and accomplished by the Sangha, through practicing them. So it is all dependent on the triple gem. For ordinary sentient beings, it is difficult to see directly the internal triple gem of Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha, so there are statues, scriptures, and stupas which represent Buddha’s holy body, holy speech and holy mind. Ordinary sentient beings can directly perceive these things, so can easily accumulate merit.

By the condition of the existence of these holy objects, sentient beings accumulate merit in many ways: by praying, making offerings, prostrating and paying respect. Every single action such as making offerings, prostrating and paying respect, not just to the actual Buddha but even to statues or paintings of Buddha, becomes the cause of achieving the highest, peerless happiness. This is without counting all the inconceivable temporary happiness such as receiving the body of a happy transmigratory being, wealth, a long life, and all the desirable things that can be enjoyed. From the good karma of making one offering, you can enjoy the result for so many lifetimes.

Without counting these temporal enjoyments, each and every action becomes a cause of highest enlightenment. It is unbelievable. Making statues or stupas becomes a very skilful and easy means to guide sentient beings to create the cause of happiness. This sutra also says that, equal in number to the atoms in the statue or stupa you have made, you will receive a human or a deva’s body, and be born as a king. You will reach the perfect concentration of the form and formless realms and, after enjoying all these perfect places, you will be liberated from rebirth, aging, sickness, and death, and achieve enlightenment.

There are also stories of beings like the previous Kadampa Geshes making statues to prolong their lives. For example, Depu Rinpoche was advised by White Tara to make a statue of her to postpone his death. He did so, and his death was postponed for eleven years. Tara advised him to make another statue, and Depu Rinpoche lived for ten years more. By this time he was more than eighty years old. When the ten years were up, he requested Tara again; once more she advised him to make a statue for his long life. So he made a painting of Tara on a wall and lived until he was ninety-five. Even in these present times, there have been experiences of life being lengthened and death postponed by doing this practice.

It is also commonly mentioned in the teachings, especially in regard to astrology, that making statues and paintings of Buddhas can change the next rebirth. Instead of being born in the lower realms, you can be born in the upper realms, in the body of a happy transmigratory being, as a religious person relying on Dharma, and also take the body of a wealthy person.

Do not make less than five tsa-tsas. Tsa-tsas are made in groups of five, each dedicated to a different purpose. Making more than five tsa-tsas has inexpressible benefits. Even in this life, you will have less disease, your enjoyments will increase, and you will achieve long life and good reputation. It is the best method to betray death. Making tsa-tsas pacifies obstacles, bad conditions, accidents, and sudden diseases like heart attacks and paralysis.

By making tsa-tsas you pacify enemies, interferers, and harms. You accumulate all merit, purify all obscurations, and achieve the resultant three kayas in future life.

The benefits of making tsa-tsas are inexpressible; the telling of all the details can never be finished.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 04:48:45 PM »
It is a blessing to be able to see a Buddha image.  This tsa tsa is hand made and in private collection. This hand made Tsa Tsa of Dorje Shugden is posted with description of the pictures shown.

Very beautiful indeed.