Author Topic: Suppresions from HHDL Supporters and how to overcome.  (Read 6593 times)

lightning

Suppresions from HHDL Supporters and how to overcome.
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:53:11 AM »
Hi Guys and Dear fellow practitioners

Have you guys encountered fierce attacks from HHDL's supporting groups during posting and you guys managed this situations amicably. HHDL's influence is great that these group of people treated us as diseases, but in reality as Buddhists our mission is to help spreading the Dharma to help people from all walks of lives and at least educate them on karma to advert sufferings.

Is there any way to let them see a different light about us as these group of people do not understand as. Besides, our group have wonderful Masters we followed, whose teachings are excellent. Understand this is a degenerate age where true dharma is constantly hampered by the opposing forces. Been tired of fighting and explaining to these people, morever they have been misguided from truth.

Appreciate all to give kind advices!!!

Best Regards,
lightning

with compassionate wishes to help mother sentinents

yedi

• Email
Re: Suppresions from HHDL Supporters and how to overcome.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »
Hi Guys and Dear fellow practitioners

Have you guys encountered fierce attacks from HHDL's supporting groups during posting and you guys managed this situations amicably. HHDL's influence is great that these group of people treated us as diseases, but in reality as Buddhists our mission is to help spreading the Dharma to help people from all walks of lives and at least educate them on karma to advert sufferings.

Is there any way to let them see a different light about us as these group of people do not understand as. Besides, our group have wonderful Masters we followed, whose teachings are excellent. Understand this is a degenerate age where true dharma is constantly hampered by the opposing forces. Been tired of fighting and explaining to these people, morever they have been misguided from truth.

Appreciate all to give kind advices!!!

Best Regards,
lightning

with compassionate wishes to help mother sentinents

Hi lightning,

for my idea it is most important to behave in such difficult situations really as a Buddhist example and never to condescendend to those attacks. So probably we can not compete against the popularity of the Dalai Lama, but we can compare us in the way of our practice. I found out, that it works in real life, at least in the Western countries where I live, very well. In the Internet the situation is more biased due to a few people, who seem to spend the whole time of their days just with researches in the internet, to find out any topic in any forum in their language which contains the word 'Dorje Shugden'. As soon they discover any topic which relates to the issue, they start immediately to bombard the members with all these pseudoscientific essays, wrong facts and so on. If the admins of the forum are to moderatly, then they even try to force them into keeping up the same rude standards like Buddhist e-sangha. Or they join as a group and try to troll single posters down. If one looks the Internet one could really become sometimes depressiv, but it doesn't fit real life at all. I met one time such an aggressive troll in a Dharma center. There I found him to be very polite against me, just somewhat confused - probably he expected to meet a monster  ;D

Just in the last days, I thought by myself, how great it is to have this forum here, where one can post all topics freely in a protected frame without getting the usual troubles as written above (really my deepest thanks to the admin here  :)). But I would appreciate to have also more space for Dharma topics and for the normal Buddhist life questions here. Probably this could be possible in a subforum, if one doesn't want to disturb the informational character of this page too much. The reason is: in the meantime we have at least five or six very, very good informative pages about Dorje Shugden, which defense really every little detail of this smear campaign and we know all how necessary it was. And there exists also now a very good historical page, to prove our view from scientific part, which is extremely helpful, too. But now? Now we sit anonymous behind all these pages like in a fort and nobody sees us anymore as that, what we are: simple Buddhist practitioners on their Buddhist way. Probably it's time, to show us also again as human beings while discussing the really important thing, as the Dharma is. Just my two pence ...  ;)

lightning

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »

Hi lightning,

f I met one time such an aggressive troll in a Dharma center. There I found him to be very polite against me, just somewhat confused - probably he expected to meet a monster  ;D

Maybe he has matched his matched like u  :P

Like what you said HHDL's influence was so great that it became hard for the majority to find us credible. Was posting some major on-going Dharma ceremony but my identity was busted and got kicked out of the local Buddhist forum in my area. They are not keen to investigate who we really are. Sadly we have greatly mistaken by the public, as the public tends to believe the greater influence. This creates a great hindrances for spreading the Dharma which is of the vital salvation for the sentinel beings. 

I am very thankful to the moderator and his team for setting up this website to show who we are and what are our voices and the truth about the on-going controversy. There are a lot of unpleasant cut and paste postings kept raining and pushing us to the very corner before this website was up.

Now when i cut and pasted some postings from here and retaliated since they are starting to spread unpleasant things about us. They were afraid and kept harsh harsh matters and deleted the postings, when they cannot handled so much information that is alarming. At the same time, i also wanted to disarm their aggressions by showing a more enlightening way of acting like a true Dharma practitioner should do, but i am lacking of such skills.

I finally came to realized that what we are fighting for? Isn't these what maras want us to fight each other and I had ceased my fire. Of course, I also wanted them to know who we really are in an enlightening way and for me i wanted to the true Lion Roar Dharma to spread fourth from our Spiritual Guides to reach the sentient beings.

Although we are safe within this space but we have to reach of this confine area to salvage more more sentient beings. Or where there is more sentient beings to cast our Dharma net to help more destitute.

I am thankful to you for your sharing, hopefully more of us will share some experience here.

Thanks to all and Best regards,
Lightning
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:58:52 PM by lightning »

yedi

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 07:11:44 PM »

Hi lightning,

f I met one time such an aggressive troll in a Dharma center. There I found him to be very polite against me, just somewhat confused - probably he expected to meet a monster  ;D

Maybe he has matched his matched like u  :P

oh no, don't make this poor boy cry ....  ;D

yedi

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 07:58:28 PM »

Like what you said HHDL's influence was so great that it became hard for the majority to find us credible. Was posting some major on-going Dharma ceremony but my identity was busted and got kicked out of the local Buddhist forum in my area. They are not keen to investigate who we really are. Sadly we have greatly mistaken by the public, as the public tends to believe the greater influence. This creates a great hindrances for spreading the Dharma which is of the vital salvation for the sentinel beings. 

Yes, those forums dharma police acts often extremely unlogically. On one hand they claim us to be sectarians because we are said to not accept other lineages, but on the other hand, if one wants to discuss with them openly in the same forum, they immediately become hysterically. But popularity is a very changable thing, especially here in the West. I heard from a German friend just the last days, that the article about the two faces of the Dalai Lama in magazin 'stern' left deep traces for many people there. And a Dalai Lama in German television, when asked for human rights and Tibetan politics, just slandering about a ghost which more or less nobody knows or ever heard about while giggling all the time, made even for symphatizing people some doubts grow. 

Now when i cut and pasted some postings from here and retaliated since they are starting to spread unpleasant things about us. They were afraid and kept harsh harsh matters and deleted the postings, when they cannot handled so much information that is alarming. At the same time, i also wanted to disarm their aggressions by showing a more enlightening way of acting like a true Dharma practitioner should do, but i am lacking of such skills. ...

I really admire your patience. I tried in the beginning of the schism a few times to post about this topic, but it was like talking about the qualities of the Buddha in a forum of Jesus freaks. Only authority arguments and circle conclusions and a childish hystery as one had offended the top singer of a boygroup. Later then the bombarding with all this pseudoscientific essays came up as new killer argument. Now we have answers to all these essays and can bombard back, but I suppose just very less people ever read the pro or contra part of all these texts. So I think there's really not much use in such discussions.
Btw one time I run also myself a little forum in German language. It was very peaceful and nice, but of course avoided by mainstream Tibetan Buddhists. One day a strange Ngagpa Lama entered this forum (he claimed also to be recognised as a tulku by a dubious Bhutanese Lama). First he was friendly, but as soon he had some rights there he tried  all of a sudden to overtake my own forum and to kick me out. For this purpose he wrote a lot of accusing emails to the admin of the used platform. Unfortunately the admin of this forum was my own brother, so we had a lot of fun with this guy  ;D

Although we are safe within this space but we have to reach of this confine area to salvage more more sentient beings. Or where there is more sentient beings to cast our Dharma net to help more destitute.
I am thankful to you for your sharing, hopefully more of us will share some experience here.

This place is really not bad to let some light shine here, I think it's just a question of patience. Don't forget, that Dorje Shugden became nowadays very prominent ;)
But probably one could do something to let this page appear on the first site in Google research if one looks for 'Dorje Shugden'. In the moment it is not well placed and as far as I know there exist some tricks to change it.

a friend

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 03:23:02 AM »
YEDI: But now? Now we sit anonymous behind all these pages like in a fort and nobody sees us anymore as that, what we are: simple Buddhist practitioners on their Buddhist way. Probably it's time, to show us also again as human beings while discussing the really important thing, as the Dharma is. Just my two pence ... 

Hi Yedi, nice to meet you.
I think you should take a look at the debate thread, where Dharma was indeed discussed.

LIGHTNING: Although we are safe within this space but we have to reach of this confine area to salvage more more sentient beings. Or where there is more sentient beings to cast our Dharma net to help more destitute.

Hi Lightning! It's so generous of you to desire so ardently to give Dharma. In the perfection of generosity, to give Dharma is the utmost generosity. I think you can give Dharma whenever the opportunity presents itself, which implies of course a number of conditions. In a general way one should not teach without being requested. In my experience if you let others know that you are a Buddhist and your life is a decent life, a practitioners' life, then that is enough for some individuals to request the teachings even in an informal way. If we talk of the internet, why not put up a small website and give there what you wish to give?
I don't think that we should try to change people who have their minds strongly taken by the Dalai Lama. It's useless and dangerous for our vows.  I think we've done enough to let them know what's really going on. In the future we should talk about the Protector's issue mainly when there is some danger for specific people or institutions like monasteries and such, and not to the DL's people but to the people around, like authorities, police, journalists, etc. One can also contribute to websites where the truth is explained or again, create another website explaining the truth, the more the merrier ...

yedi

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 01:19:54 PM »

I think you should take a look at the debate thread, where Dharma was indeed discussed.

Thanks, I took already a view inside of  this thread, but I felt not sure about posting Dharma questions as I feared this forum probably could become too much off topic. So I am very happy to hear, that those questions are welcome. I really missed a Buddhist discussion forum, where I can start a topic with the simple words: „I read in a book of Gonsar Rinpoche ...“ Although I live inmidst of other Dharma practitioners, I like the written exchange, where one can answer according to ones time, check in the meantime some books and so on.