Author Topic: Interview with H.E. Kundeling Rinpoche: 16th September, 2014  (Read 5150 times)

icy

Interview with H.E. Kundeling Rinpoche: 16th September, 2014
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »
Watch this Interview with H.E. Kundeling Rinpoche: 16th September, 2014.  He gave a compact explanation of the versatility and functionality of Dharmapala Dorje Shugden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgAfx_RgW80&index=2&list=UUqoNMBU48TJZ5ZUg9TL4qvg

Blueupali

• Email
Re: Interview with H.E. Kundeling Rinpoche: 16th September, 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:01:43 AM »
Ah, Icy, I would love to know what Kundeling Rinpoche is saying but I do not speak Tibetan.
  Is there anyone on DS.com that could translate or give synopsis?

icy

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 03:23:39 AM »
Dear Blueupali, sorry that was a wrong link. Please refer to this one in English.  Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvqrsNkNbA&list=UUqoNMBU48TJZ5ZUg9TL4qvg

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 04:20:11 AM »
Thank you Icy, that was awesome:_)
  Do you think he can sometimes talk on Dorje Shugden and give teachings in English for us to hear on the internet?
  If anyone knows him, will you request?  Thank you.

icy

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 05:42:37 AM »
I am sure this can be arranged with H.E. Kundeling Rinpoche, Blueupali.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 06:32:44 AM »
Everyone should watch this informative talk, it deals with why a Dharma Protector is essential for the practitioner especially one who may not yet have results from the practice. Also gives the lineage of when dharma protectors played a role in the Buddhism. As a new practitioner engaging in spiritual practice one will experience many different revelations and benefits from engaging in dharma practice, so once they have results it really can stabilise the practitioner.

- Kundeling Rinpoche gives the lineage of Dharmapala, that the 4 dharma guardians depicted just at the border of the guru tree foliage. That just before the Buddha received food from the maid Sujata, they offered 4 bowls that Buddha combined into a begging bowl. That is one of the first incidence that protectors help the practitioners.
- Protecting the faith, the dharma is eternal and needs no protection. He also mentioned that the dharma does not need protection as much and that the dharma is eternal it can care of itself, but practitioners and monks and nuns they could do with the help of the protector to keep them on the  path until they get results that can protect their mind and stabilise them in the dharma. Plus not everyone coms to the dharma in a clean slate and problem free.
- Final Buddha of this fortunate aeon will be Dorje Shugden, then Dorje Shugden who is also Vajrapani, will teach all the methods from all previous Buddhas. So the final buddha of this fortunat aeon will be Duldzin Drakpa Gyeltsen, how compassionate is he to carry on until till the last.
- Each protector has their own time just like Yidams, certain tantras are more powerful and relevant in various times. Sentient being have their affinity to various protectors as well.
- High lamas are the ones who control the dharma protectors, so if the Dalai Lama was truly hell bent on subduing Dorje Shugden, he would have truly gone after the Gelug Lamas and not just ask them to stop practicing, I mean really all out, like excommunicating them. The Dalai Lama is an enlightened being for sure, and he knows this which is why the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden and working together hand in hand.

I love Kundeling Rinpoche such a good speaker, so fluid! 

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 10:28:07 AM »
DharmaSpace,
  I didn't really get that Kundeling Rinpoche meant that the high lamas are the ones that control the DharmaProtectors.  That's not exactly what he said, but rather that it is said that they can control the Dharma Protectors, but this is really high practitioners under certain circumstances.  I did not understand him to mean that high lamas REALLY control Buddha Dharma Protectors, but just that it is said that they do.  He did say Dorje Shugden is Manjushri, so how does a lama control a Buddha?  I know the Dalai Lama claims to control Dharma Protectors, like a General to a lieutenant, but I think maybe he is talking about this Nechung spirit he listens to or something; yes if the Dalai Lama were a Buddha and Dorje Shugden an ordinary spirit, then the Dalai Lama should be able to control Dorje Shugden.
  However, I did not get that Kundeling Rinpoche was in anyway implying that the Dalai Lama is a Buddha in the first place, but how could one Buddha control the other Buddhas?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 10:52:39 AM »
The High Lamas ask the Dharma Protectors to help sentient beings and help with the dharma propagation.
The High Lamas are the ones who can install oracles so Dorje Shugden can come take trance in the oracle and give help and assistance. Without the high lamas, Dorje Shugden help to the people and monks would be limited at best. The protector assists with the lamas work. With the lama there is dharma, thats why the Dharma protector will follow the lead of the lamas, the lamas who are benefitting sentient beings.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 04:41:16 PM »
Well actually, I don't think that is consistent with the idea that Dorje Shugden is an enlightened being, nor is it what I think that Kundeling Rinpoche meant.  I think it is more the confused notion of the Dalai Lama that the high lamas (him!) are in charge of Dharma Protectors (Dorje Shugden!).
  The Dalai Lama is not in charge of any Buddhas, and I see that Kundeling Rinpoche is saying that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha.  I think the Dalai has twisted the use of oracles.  He treats Nechung as unenlightened while the high lamas who propitiate Shugden treat Shugden as enlightened. 

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/videos/must-watch/oracles-enlightened-or-not/

dondrup

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »
This is an excellent teaching on Dharmapala Dorje Shugden by HE Kyabje Kundeling Rinpoche.

It is clear that Dorje Shugden is such a powerful Dharmapala who is none other than the emanantion of Buddha Manjushri. Reliance on Dorje Shugden takes many forms.  We can view Dorje Shugden as our Guru, as our yidam or as our protector.  Also in a mundane form as a help, brother, sister, father, friend, auntie or uncle.  According to the Ganden Oral Transmission Lineage, the guru is Manjushri, yidam is Manjushri and protector is Manjushri.  They are all compact as one.  Dorje Shugden is swift in his assistance. Because Dorje Shugden is Manjushri he helps at all stages of our spiritual development until full enlightenment. His nature is wisdom, the more we rely on him, the more our wisdom increases.  His nature is compassion, so if we lacked loving kindness, have hatred and jealousy, these are removed because of our reliance on Dorje Shugden.  If we lacked skilfulness, because he is Vajrapani, our skilfulness increases. 

There are so much benefits from relying on Dorje Shugden. Dorje Shugden is the Dharmapala of this degenerate time.  Why ban Dorje Shugden and consider Dorje Shugden as a spirit when all the past masters of the Gelug and Sakya traditions have already recognised Dorje Shugden as the emanation of Buddha Manjushri?