Author Topic: Dalai Lama Says No Need for Successor  (Read 12272 times)

lotus1

Re: Dalai Lama Says No Need for Successor
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 12:09:38 AM »
Of course China would not let this rest. China would want stability of Tibet. CTA should learn from China to unite the Tibetan and create harmony within Tibetan. CTA has been causing so much pain, hatred, disharmony and schism between the Tibatan. Dorje Shugden practitioners are not allowed to have education, medical treatment, free travelling etc. Families are being separated and due to they are not allowed to meet and be closed with any of the family member who is a Dorje Shugden practitioner.
If this is the case, what’s the point to appoint a successor for Dalai Lama? Might as well let China do it so that there will be peace and harmony within the Tibetan.  8)

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 05:09:55 AM »
Why could Tibetans, regardless of whether they are under China or not, not keep politics and regious power separate?  Like if you are a bigwig lama, then don't let you be in position of political authority--- I can imagine how terrible if one or two DLs are picked really, because it will just be the same old thing with guys in charge who use the DL (or the DL's recognition himself) running everything everybody does.
  Ugh.
  If they could just let people be in the government who happen to have religion in China but disallow people in religious power positions to also hold political office then that would help.  I think you'd be better off being reborn in a part of mainland China where the dharma has spread than in Tibet where Tibet is controlled by China, and then also controlled by the Dalai Lama, whether picked by China picked by Tibet--- I am really not needing a Dalai Lama--- they mess up my life okay.... Tibet would be okay under China alone maybe, but without the Dalai Lama, as long as China lets people be really doing their religion, and loosens up some on the human/religious rights.... I wish they would give up Dalai Lamas or any lamas in ruling positions--- I am so sick of the dictatorial oppression of the feudal ruling lama nonsense.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »
Speechless on this issues. When religion connect with politic, it will destroyed the religion.
If H.H Dalai Lama do not have a Successor, what will be happening to the Buddhist world.
The China government will sure not rest on this issues, especially related to Tibet. 

To me, this ban have to leave quickly,
so that the stability of Buddhist and the lineage can be pass down in proper.

fruven

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 12:18:53 AM »
Dalai Lama is becoming more popular than ever. CTA says the Dalai Lama reincarnation line is decided by the Tibetan people. The Chinese government says they have the right to choose the Dalai Lama. It wouldn't surprise me if US starts saying that too? Or India who jump on the bandwagon as well?

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 12:46:53 AM »
The U.S. government has made the mistake of upping the Dalai's image in their anti-communist stuff.  I don't need communism spreading, but they too are using Buddhism to further political aims.  The problem is that they act like the Dalai Lama has told the truth--- that they should back any candidate for anything that the Dalai backs--- the problem is in the person of the Chinese Karmapa Urgen Thrinely--- the Dalai Lama backed this--- but it wasn't his jurisdiction anyway.  The U.S. government is a bunch of morons if they listen to the Dalai anyway, because he is as honest as a tea party politician on fox news.
  So if Dalai goes back to Tibet, it  looks like he gave up Independence a long time ago.  Then, he hates Shugden, so that's going to cause problems, and will his fake Karmapa follow to keep the peace and continue the legacy of hatred?  I wish all the governments would stay out of Buddhism, okay.  As far as mine goes, they should realize this, that the Dalai Lama made a pact with China over the pretend Karmapa or something, because I know they definately keep an eye on China.
  But I wish they would think of another way to promote democracy rather than to make a myth out of this powerhungry dude from Tibet.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 04:51:01 AM »
Isn't it the tradition that any new Dalai Lama is to be recognized by the Panchen Lama? Since the Panchen Lama is in China obviously he will recognize a China appointed Dalai Lama. And the Dalai Lama will not want this and hence he is saying that the institution of the Dalai Lama will be over once he passes on.
I agree with the Dalai Lama that there is no need for a successor. China has won the political game.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 04:38:55 PM »
Isn't it the tradition that any new Dalai Lama is to be recognized by the Panchen Lama? Since the Panchen Lama is in China obviously he will recognize a China appointed Dalai Lama. And the Dalai Lama will not want this and hence he is saying that the institution of the Dalai Lama will be over once he passes on.
I agree with the Dalai Lama that there is no need for a successor. China has won the political game.

What the tradition is doesn't always follow in politcal intrigue unfortunately.  Isn't it the tradition that the head of the Kagyus (which was in this case and is in most lives) Shamar Rinpoche recognizes the Karmapa?  Well he did, but the Dalai Lama won't even recognize anything but the one China/Gelugpa picked.
  So, the issue then, is that yes, China has a pretend Panchen lama, and a pretend Karmapa.  If they go ahead and try to pick a Dalai via the pretend Panchen, then bascially they are going to force the Gelugpas to find someone they like better.  Maybe they will stick the pretend Karmapa in power in the meantime, or maybe use him to back the words of the pretend Panchen lama.
  For once, I think the Dalai Lama is right; no successor would be way better for all living beings.  There is no way to escape politics right now, Chinese or Tibetan, so they need to drop the Dalai Lama recognitions.
  I am not pleased with the Maoist takeover of Tibet or the surrounding areas where they are spreading, but if it's a reality, then the last thing we need is these Chinese Karmapa and Panchen lamas deciding anything; two political nightmares combining.... no thanks...

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 07:57:33 AM »
His Holiness Dalai Lama have mentioned that he had posed this question of the continuation of his reincarnation even far back in 1969 to some individuals. HH was much worried of the reincarnation system being misused to fulfill the political agenda of 'those with vested political interests'. HH further added that when he turns ninety years of age, he would again re-evaluate if the institution of Dalai Lama should continue by consulting high lamas of the Tibetan Buddhist traditions, some other concerned individuals who are Tibetan Buddhist and the Tibetan public.
For now, I pray fervently that His Holiness would lift the ban on Shugden practice so that the Tibetans could unite and create the cause for the true incarnation of the Dalai Lama to return.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 08:00:50 AM »
His Holiness Dalai Lama have mentioned that he had posed this question of the continuation of his reincarnation even far back in 1969 to some individuals. HH was much worried of the reincarnation system being misused to fulfill the political agenda of 'those with vested political interests'. HH further added that when he turns ninety years of age, he would again re-evaluate if the institution of Dalai Lama should continue by consulting high lamas of the Tibetan Buddhist traditions, some other concerned individuals who are Tibetan Buddhist and the Tibetan public.
For now, I pray fervently that His Holiness would lift the ban on Shugden practice so that the Tibetans could unite and create the cause for the true incarnation of the Dalai Lama to return.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 12:17:36 PM »
From the surface, I do not understand the motive or Dalai Lama's reason for announcing this.

1. To warn his own people, CTA especially to get their act together?
2. To let Tibetans know that they will be on their own and their leader will abandon them?
or
3. To pave the way for the lifting of the ban of Shugden and that Dalai Lama's bigger picture from the beginning is to use this scandal to promote Shugden

For an optimistic person like myself, I would like to believe point no 3. And that whatever the Shugden Lamas are doing now it will be align with Dalai Lama's plan. With the recent trip which Trijang Rinpoche made to Mongolia and the reception Trijang Rinpoche has gotten shows the above. I mean if the world has no Dalai Lama around anymore, people in general will listen to his tutors. Right?

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 01:52:26 AM »

So, did you mean other than his own vested political agenda?  Yes, China will be political, just like the Dalai Lama, so, it would be a good idea, given the mess we currently see, to give up the Dalai Lama recognitions.
  Because China can't let this one pass, right?  I mean, the next Dalai---he is obviously the uh theoretical (since he is lower realms bound, the way he breaks samaya) reincarnation of the current dicatator, then of course everyone would look to him to lead them around like donkeys like he has been doing this life.
  So, I don't know why we are all drinking the "Dalai is a Buddha"  LSD laced cool-aide but you know, you might as well say Mao or George Bush is a Buddha.  Presdident Obama MIGHT be Buddha Padmasambava, but I think you know, we will still not check for his reincarnation and put him in charge of the country.  The Dalai is no Buddha and can't direct his re-birth like that, but even if he could, do you think China would pick someone who is him? Or someone they can control people through?  The latter is obvious even if the former eludes you.
  Pretend Chinese Panchen + Pretend Chinese Karmapa + Pretend Chinese Dalai Lama = Big disaster for anyone in Tibet.  Maybe what Tibetans should try is to say that on the condition that they are granted religious freedom and human rights, that they won't allow any recognized lamas to be in political power in Tibet.  Then if they go democratic, autonomous, or whatever, you know, maybe Buddhism can survive in the Himalayas.