Author Topic: Is the Dalai Lama a Creation of the West?  (Read 13189 times)

bonfire

Re: Is the Dalai Lama a Creation of the West?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 12:22:20 PM »
[...]
Vajrayana is very complex and powerful; and so the Dalai Lama thinks that the Vajrayana is superior to the Theravada. The truth is one is not better than the other.
[...]

From my understanding of this, a tantric practitioner or a Vajrayana practitioner that would think of himself as superior to any other practitioner would not be true to his practice.

lotus1

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 01:41:33 PM »
I think that there was nothing wrong with what the Dalai Lama said. I think as a Buddhist monk of a certain repute, he should make such statements condemning violence as his opinion carries weight. I think it is right he made that statement and I don't see that he claim to be the head of the Buddhists in those Theravaden countries but speaking to them from a Buddhist to another Buddhist. I don't see anything wrong with that.

But what I do think is wrong is the fact that he has turned a blind eye towards the violence perpetrated on Shugden practitioners and in some cases, he denied as well. That is wrong. I don't agree and I think as the title of the Dalai Lama is obligated to speak out against any kind of violence including those of the Shugden practitioners. He should abolish the Dorje Shugden ban because it is the source of much discrimination, suffering and violence. That is wrong.

Agreed with what Big Uncle said. There is nothing wrong on HH Dalai Lama making a call for Buddhists in Myanmar and Sri Lanka to cease violence towards the countries' Muslim minorities. That’s the teaching of Buddha that we should have love to all beings regardless of which religions they are from.
It’s just that we do not agreed that HH Dalai Lama totally ignore the CTA violent treatment towards the Shugden practitioners. He is still remain silent on this issue. Please speak up and stop the violence and discrimination to all beings including the Shugden practitioners!

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 02:14:14 PM »
As a Buddhist monk, HH the Dalai Lama is expected to make remarks to promote peace. I am sure the Pope would also promote peace in the same regard. It does seem like he is a product of the man-made West due to his close association with USA.

But there is a sadder truth is that this promotion of peace is not present in the internal political controversy between Dorje Shugden practitioners and non-practitioners. This contradiction seems illogical to me. Why does he keep a front to the Western world but not reflected within the Tibetan community on the DS issue?

Matibhadra

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »
There is nothing wrong on HH Dalai Lama making a call for Buddhists in Myanmar and Sri Lanka to cease violence towards the countries' Muslim minorities.

The idiocy of the evil dalai's call stems from the fact that the violence, as it has been for more than 1000 years, comes from the Muslim side, and that Buddhists are the victims of such violence.

The point is that the ridiculous stooge dalai is just a paid employee of his puppet-master, the convicted criminal and financial terrorist George Soros, and will not receive his monthly allowance unless he makes such stupid ”calls”.

It’s just that we do not agreed that HH Dalai Lama totally ignore the CTA violent treatment towards the Shugden practitioners.

This is the problem with both you and Big Uncle. You support every evil deed of the pernicious dalai, and even as refers to Dorje Shugden you try to shift the blame for his crimes to the ”CTA”.

Your obvious, childish agenda is to protect the reputation of the evil terrorist dalai, so that he can always be used as a Western political puppet, and an anti-China, anti-Myanmar, and anti-Sri Lanka posterboy. What a primitive, despicable misuse of your precious human rebirth.

fruven

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 05:00:57 PM »
There is nothing wrong on HH Dalai Lama making a call for Buddhists in Myanmar and Sri Lanka to cease violence towards the countries' Muslim minorities.

The idiocy of the evil dalai's call stems from the fact that the violence, as it has been for more than 1000 years, comes from the Muslim side, and that Buddhists are the victims of such violence.

The point is that the ridiculous stooge dalai is just a paid employee of his puppet-master, the convicted criminal and financial terrorist George Soros, and will not receive his monthly allowance unless he makes such stupid ”calls”.

Do you condone or condemn the Buddhists' action in Myanmar and Sri Lanka?

Matibhadra

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 06:51:55 PM »
Do you condone or condemn the Buddhists' action in Myanmar and Sri Lanka?

Which ”action”?

Asking for an opinion about such an unspecified subject is a rather foolish pastime, and does not suggest that you are interested in any honest discussion to start with.

Matibhadra

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 10:48:37 PM »
But there is a sadder truth is that this promotion of peace is not present in the internal political controversy between Dorje Shugden practitioners and non-practitioners.

This is because the evil dalai's so-called ”promotion of peace” is actually a promotion of war. Remember, he is just a useful stooge at the service of his Western war-mongering puppet masters.

This contradiction seems illogical to me. Why does he keep a front to the Western world but not reflected within the Tibetan community on the DS issue?

Because the front, as the name says, is just a front, a facade. The reality is what is behind this facade, the evil, unscupulous, obnoxious terrorist dalai.

Big Uncle

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 01:48:12 AM »
This is the problem with both you and Big Uncle. You support every evil deed of the pernicious dalai, and even as refers to Dorje Shugden you try to shift the blame for his crimes to the ”CTA”.

Your obvious, childish agenda is to protect the reputation of the evil terrorist dalai, so that he can always be used as a Western political puppet, and an anti-China, anti-Myanmar, and anti-Sri Lanka posterboy. What a primitive, despicable misuse of your precious human rebirth.

I don't think I am shifting the blame from the Dalai Lama to CTA. I actually think CTA should be held more responsible for the crimes of persecution  because the Dalai Lama has retired from political office and that the political power in upholding the Dorje Shugden ban rests solely upon CTA. I don't see why they should get away scot-free. I actually think that there should be a strategy in bringing the ban down and that is to bring mounting pressure upon CTA to stop all forms of persecution against Shugden practitioners and bring the Tibetan people together for a change. I actually think that if we were to continue to demonize the Dalai Lama, it would only serve to rile up the Tibetans up more and enforce tougher measures against Tibetan Shugden practitioners. That's how I see it.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 07:57:04 AM »
From whichever angle we look at the Dalai Lama, He is NOT a creation of the West. The Dalai Lama is regarded as the pope of Buddhism by the west even though he is not. He is however the "pope" of Tibetan Buddhism. But that is not the point.
The Sri Lankan Buddhist monk, Gnanasara Thero accused the Dalai Lama as the a product "extremist Islamic Propaganda" is laughable for the simple reason that the world do not equate Islam and Islamic extremism with the west. So I think what he said was really just nonsense.

Matibhadra

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 02:44:27 AM »
I don't think I am shifting the blame from the Dalai Lama to CTA.

It would be surprising indeed if you would confess to your tortuous behavior.

Indeed, would you confess that your highest priority here is to protect the evil dalai, shifting the blame for his crimes to the ”CTA”, while keeping the facade of being a Dorje Shugden supporter, you would frustrate your own project.

Because your project is shameful, you must deny it, which is precisely what you have just done.

I actually think CTA should be held more responsible for the crimes of persecution because the Dalai Lama has retired from political office and that the political power in upholding the Dorje Shugden ban rests solely upon CTA.

Then, according to your logic, Al Capone should be acquitted for his crimes if only he would declare himself ”retired” from his mafia boss office.

The evil dalai, not the ”CTA” stooges, is the de facto political power within exiled Tibetan community, and specifically behind the anti-Shugden ban.

The only reason why one would brandish the ridiculous argument that the perpetrator is ”innocent” because he ”has retired” is the politically motivated wish to protect the criminal.

According to your agenda, the evil dalai must, by definition, be above and beyond any blame. Therefore, even if the evil dalai says with all the letters, as he does, that his witch-hunt against Dorje Shugden practitioners will be ”like the Cultural Revolution”, you will ignore what he says, and put all the blame only and strictly on your convenient scapegoat, the ”CTA”.

Thus, you blame the ”CTA” just as a method to divert attention from the actual criminal; that's what scapegoats exist for, to start with.

This means that, under the guise of supporting the religious freedom of Dorje Shugden practitioners, your actual priority is to protect and preserve the public image of the very criminal brutally violating such religious freedom.

Which means, behind your empty, sycophantic words of support to Dorje Shugden as a ”great protector” or whatever, merely aimed at gaining the sympathy of unsuspecting Shugden practitioners, you are in fact hell bent on destroying this very practice, through your staunch support to its most harmful, sworn enemy.

I don't see why they should get away scot-free.

Of course. If the intended scapegoat, the ”CTA”, gets away scot-free, then the actual criminal, the evil dalai, cannot get away scot-free. And since your life's task is to protect the criminal dalai, then you will persistently blame the available scapegoat, in case the ”CTA”, while keeping the facade of a Shugden supporter.

I actually think that there should be a strategy in bringing the ban down

The only possible strategy to bring down a ban is bringing down the perpetrator of such ban, in case, the evil dalai. As long as he enjoys de facto power over Tibetans and Buddhists, he will enforce the ban and wreak havoc on them.

and that is to bring mounting pressure upon CTA to stop all forms of persecution against Shugden practitioners

The evil dalai's minions in the ”CTA” could not care less about your ”mounting pressure”. They serve the tyrant, the evil dalai, exactly as you do, and therefore they know that, no matter how much you and fifth-columnist pseudo-Shugdenists like you bark at them, nothing will happen at all, just because nothing is intended to happen to start with.

Indeed, your ”strategy” just aims at weakening and diverting the efforts towards the goal of ensuring religious freedom among Tibetans, which will be only achieved through placing the evil dalai where he belongs, the garbage bin of history.

and bring the Tibetan people together for a change.

Change? Evil dalai's lackays do not want any change.

I actually think that if we were to continue to demonize the Dalai Lama,

Then, according to you, not shifting the blame for the evil dalai's crimes to the ”CTA” means ”demonizing” the evil dalai, right?

Which means, you propose to protect the evil theocrat with some kind of papal ”infallibility” status, so that no matter how many heinous crimes he perpetrates, blaming him for such crimes would be tantamount to ”demonizing” him.

This shows again that you are just a lackay of the evil theocrat, transvestite as a Shugden supporter so as better to carry out your life's task of promoting the evil theocrat's absolutistic power.

it would only serve to rile up the Tibetans up more and enforce tougher measures against Tibetan Shugden practitioners. That's how I see it.

The ”tougher measures” against Shugden practitioners were clearly announced by your beloved theocrat; for instance when he, not the ”CTA”, announced that ”it will be like the Cultural Revolution”.

Therefore, what you propose is full submission to the evil theocrat, under the terroristic threat of even more duress from his side. But since such full submission is not feasible without destroying the practice of Dorje Shugden, this shows what is your actual purpose, no matter how much you may claim to be a ”Shugden supporter”.

Matibhadra

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 02:26:05 AM »
Agreed with what Big Uncle said. There is nothing wrong on HH Dalai Lama making a call for Buddhists in Myanmar and Sri Lanka to cease violence towards the countries' Muslim minorities.

Congratulations to you both for your relentless support to the terrorist activities of the Islamic State (IS) in Myanmar, so that soon Buddhism may be destroyed, and the Muslim Sharia law may be imposed on everyone there, as it has happened in every Buddhist country invaded by Muslim hordes in the last 1300 years or so.

Forget not that the evil dalai, the one supporting Muslim terrorists in Myanmar, was born Muslim, and has vowed to persecute and destroy Buddhists, as exemplified by Dorje Shugden followers.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 03:34:38 AM »
From whichever angle we look at the Dalai Lama, He is NOT a creation of the West. The Dalai Lama is regarded as the pope of Buddhism by the west even though he is not. He is however the "pope" of Tibetan Buddhism. But that is not the point.
The Sri Lankan Buddhist monk, Gnanasara Thero accused the Dalai Lama as the a product "extremist Islamic Propaganda" is laughable for the simple reason that the world do not equate Islam and Islamic extremism with the west. So I think what he said was really just nonsense.

The Dalai Lama lied too about being the "Pope" of Tibetan Buddhism.  He is not the pope, we never had a pope even in Tibet.  In fact, that we fall for that concept, means that we fall for it when he pretends he has any right (uh as uh "pope" which he is NOT) of Tibetan Buddhism to pick a Karmapa.  THE DALAI LAMA BACKED SITUPA's/CHINA's KARMAPA.  That means the okay has been given by the Dalai for this pretend China Karmapa.
  So, guys, when we start not wanting to say anything when we know it's a big lie, then we are currently causing big problems for Tibet.  China has indicated years ago, along with the Dalai, that perhaps you know, the Karmapa and the the Dalai switch off being in charge.  The China Karmapa was a terrible thing (no, this man is not ACTING like a Buddha, this man is a political figure) because if Dalai heads back over there, with the west saying, oh yes, he's the pope, and he's in charge--- then what?  The fake Karmapa rules (as a puppet for China?--- educated until his teens or 20s by the Chinese in Tibet--- schooled to do what China wants).
  Why does everybody keep apologizing for the Dalai's horrible actions?  Yes, his false 'popeness" of Buddhism, of Tibetan Buddhism, and his saintly figure are creations of the western propgaganda machine from the COLD WAR era which is OVER now..... so could we please see, U.S. government that this dicatator is no better than the Koch brothers, or Stalin, or Hitler?  He is a powerful, corrupt figure; we do not need to back his choices in religion--- he is not in charge of my religion and never was.
  http://www.karmapa-issue.org/arguments.htm
  Look, the Dalai has betrayed Tibet with backing the China Karmapa, with disavowing independence, and with the ban on Shugdenpas.  So, I recall Shamar Rinpcohe telling me, "not all recognitions of the Dalai Lama have been enlightened."  For evidence, he pointed to the actions of the 5th.  Okay, so if the 5th wasn't then how did they keep finding them up to the 14th?
  The poor Dalai, okay.  I think he is a creation of the west, in his 'popeness' but he will maybe be okay in the bardo if he will lift the ban, stay out of politics, and do a long Vajrasattva retreat.

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 06:40:16 AM »