Author Topic: The 13th North American Tibetan Association Conference  (Read 3455 times)

icy

The 13th North American Tibetan Association Conference
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:59:33 PM »

Central Tibetan Administration said that the recent actions and allegations of the Shugden group has deeply saddened and hurt the feelings of the Tibetan people.  They asserted that the Dalai Lama has never banned the worship of Shugden and this is attested by National Human Rights Commission based in India.  Don't you think there is something fishy here with the National Human Rights Commission in India?

The 13th North American Tibetan Association Conference was held in Washington, DC, from 30 August – 1 September 2014/Photo/OoT

DHARAMSHALA: North American Tibetans have condemned the Dolgyal followers’ protests and baseless allegations against His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

“We state our full confidence and respect for His Holiness the Dalai Lama as our revered spiritual leader and symbol of Tibet,” delegates of the 13th North American Tibetan Association Conference said in a unanimously passed resolution in Washington, DC.

“The delegates of the 13th North America Tibetan Association Conference unanimously express our deep concern and condemn all protests as well as groundless allegations against His Holiness the Dalai Lama by some followers of Dolgyal (Shugden), especially in recent months, during His Holiness’ visit to Europe and USA,” the resolution said.

“His Holiness the Dalai Lama has never banned the worship of Shugden and this is attested by National Human Rights Commission based in India,” it said.

“We strongly reaffirm our full support for His Holiness as the true spiritual leader and a guiding force of Tibetans and millions of people around the world. His Holiness is the apostle of peace and an advocate for world peace and humanity.”

“Therefore, the recent actions and allegations of the Shugden group has deeply saddened and hurt the feelings of the Tibetan people,” it said.

There are 30 Tibetan Associations across United States and Canada representing near about 15,000-17,000 Tibetans. The conference was attended by 21 of them.

empowerment

Re: The 13th North American Tibetan Association Conference
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 12:08:08 AM »
Do they have a statement from the Human Rights Commission?

I tried to search online and couldn't find any evidence of this claim.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 03:12:05 AM »
I'd also like to know where is the evidence for the following claim concerning the U.S. government on uh... "Dogyal""

"The Indian and US governments have stated that the Dolgyal organisations and their agents pose serious threat to the security of His Holiness the Dalai Lama."

http://tibet.net/2014/05/08/shugden-followers-baseless-allegations-a-rejoinder-from-the-central-tibetan-administration/

I can't find evidence of this, and I think it might be against my Constitutional rights if the U.S. government is taking a position like that.... so if anyone finds a link, do be kind enough to post it.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:04:54 PM »
In the first place I think even all Shugden group regards directly or indirectly His Holiness the Dalai Lama as the de facto leader of the Tibetans in exile. Further, there are many examples of how the "ban" has been instituted. Whether it is written in stone or not the fact is that today in Tibetan Buddhism, those who practice the protector Dorje Shugden are regarded as going against the Dalai Lama and threatening His life just from the practice and the Dalai Lama has stated that the practice will shorten His life. There are many more facts and evidence of the ban is without doubt. All the denial are just politics and in politics, even "Human Rights Commission" can be influence in one's favor. Sigh.