Author Topic: RIP Robin Williams  (Read 17169 times)

Rihanna

Re: RIP Robin Williams
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 04:18:13 AM »
When news broke out online that Robin had passed away, I kept reading the news over and over, hoping that it was some morbidly successful hoax that would be followed up with updated reports from the man himself confirming that he wasn't dead as happened to many celebrities before.  Finally, reality set in.

He made us laugh and smile and brought countless moments of joy and laughter to millions. He was like a man possessed by comic demon but unfortunately those demons pursued him off-screen. He admitted to bouts of drug and alcohol abuse, and was open about his fight to stay clean and sober. But finally succumbed to it. Such tragedy.

He came into our lives as an alien but ended up touching every element of the human spirit ~ Barack Obama

diamond girl

Re: RIP Robin Williams
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 09:26:28 AM »
President Barack Obama's statement sent from the White House summed it up:
"Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between.  But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien -- but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit.  He made us laugh.  He made us cry.  He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most -- from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets."

This quote from President Obama does sum it up for me as well.

The demise of Robin Williams saddens me but also sets off alarms of the degeneration and social ills we live in. Depression is one illness which misses the naked eyes. Who would imagine that Robin Williams who made the world laugh would commit suicide? Depression? Who could possibly phanthom this?

It is indeed the truth that we should never judge a book by its cover. There is much help available these days for depression. One thing I know is that a sincere spiritual practice will help. To meditate in prayers eases the mind.

Rest in Peace Robin Williams and may you go to a better place with the goodness you have collected by making millions laugh.