Author Topic: First Dorje Shugden Mural in Brooklyn, New York  (Read 11186 times)

Jacob

• Email
Re: First Dorje Shugden Mural in Brooklyn, New York
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 09:26:47 AM »
Such a simplistic and creative idea, it makes it easy on the eyes for the younger generation who are curious and at the same time bless those walk past it everyday planting the seeds into their minds that they may one day come close to the dharma. I like how ds.com has continuously push the limits to spread Dorje Shugden worldwide and its catching on quickly with the old and the new practitioners. I think those who would be drawn to it and are curious of the mural would be brought to the sight and soon too be hooked on Dorje Shugden. It would bring more awareness to the public of the current and past situation of the ban and the violence and unfairness towards those who practice ds. Thank you ds.com for continuously spreading Dorje Shugden throughout the world.

DS Star

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 10:56:35 PM »
This is indeed a very rejoicing news.

This mural in New York is not a mere piece of art or an advertisement, its appearance represents a new milestone for Dorje Shugden followers.

The movement of bringing the ban down has now coming out into mainstream and is catching the attention of the general public. It is becoming a common issue for the people of New York. It can no longer be viewed as an internal matter among Tibetans in exile.

This issue touched on the basic human rights, a baseless discrimination and unjustified actions by CTA towards DS practitioners.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 01:58:22 AM »
Oh Wow!! Right in the middle of the city where lots of people will pass by and lots of dharma seeds will be planted. So blessed the city of Brooklyn to have this artist display his work of art. The depiction and colours does really suit the art scene. Brilliant idea from Dorjeshugden.com.

More and more people will be aware of the injustice being done by the ban and fasten the uplifting of the ban so that less people will suffer.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »
I love this painting! The smiley look appeals to many people who are unfamiliar with the traditional wrathful demeanour of Lord Shugden. So many people rely on His practice for happiness, peace of mind, wealth, protection, just to name a few. And Brooklyn like other cities have many unhappy and lost souls that would really benefit from it. Wonderful! 

bonfire

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 08:54:07 AM »
I do hope that more and more will connect with Dorje Shugden now and in the future.
Be through this website, or through mural paintings, or be even through the debated ban and its implications.
To gaze upon Dorje Shugden brings about great merit, to participate in anything that makes people gaze at Him brings loads of merits too.
Such a great thing to come across Enlightenment, such a great thing to help others come across it.

icy

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 01:03:50 AM »
Guess what country has the highest murder rate in the world???

It is timely to have Dorje Shugden coming out in the open in America to bring peace and dharmic way of life to the Americans.  Hope Dorje Shugden will show them the way to eternal happiness by severing their ignorance with his keris.  What Americans need most is Dorje Shugden who is swift and powerful during this degenerate time.  Pray more murals like this one will captivate and introduce Americans to Dharma.

How can the Dalai Lama and CTA deny the world of this great and efficacious protector during this time when it is needed most?   

The Huffington Post  | by  Charlotte Alfred

Everyone wants to live in a safe neighborhood. In many parts of the world, however, that's a luxury some people just don't have.

A new report released by the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime on Thursday serves as a stark reminder of how drastically murder rates vary from country to country. The Global Study on Homicide 2013 found that nearly half a million people were intentionally murdered in 2012, and killings were largely concentrated in two regions: the Americas and Africa.

UNODC defines homicide as " an unlawful death purposefully inflicted on a person by another person," not directly related to an armed conflict. The data is collected from each country's law enforcement or health authorities, or where this is not available, from World Health Organization estimates.

According to the study, almost half of the 437,000 murders took place in countries with just 11 per cent of the global population. In 2012, the Americas overtook Africa as the region with the highest rate of killings.

Sadly, the concentration of deadly violence in specific parts of the globe is nothing new. Murder rates in the Americas have remained high for decades, around five to eight times higher than Europe and Asia since the 1950s, according to the report.

Tellingly, the U.N. notes that the Americas have a vastly lower conviction rate for murder, at 24 per cent, compared to 48 per cent in Asia and 81 per cent in Europe.

pgdharma

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 03:42:53 PM »
Wow another fantastic idea from dorjeshugden.com!.

This mural is located around the busy area in New York and those who pass by will be blessed by Dorje Shugden. For those who go into the website they will be able to learn and understand more about Dorje Shugden and will not be as ignorant as the CTA who until now deny the truth about Dorje Shugden.

I thank the team behind dorjeshugden.com for always coming up with new ways to reach out to the mass so that more people will be able to benefit from this Sacred Protector.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 06:46:47 AM »
It make me very happy to think of all the people who are imprinting on Dorje Shugden:) due to this mural:)

jamyang_sonam

• Email
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »
this version of DS mural appeals to all walks of life due to the cartoon-ish feature, very peaceful and happy. it is a good start to introduce Dorje Shugden to the westerners, and to those who never come across Buddhist Protector. very good move by using wall mural to introduce DS to the westerner and create the affinity with Dorje Shugden.

grandmapele

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 06:46:08 AM »
Thank you for sharing these photos of the mural of Dorje Shugden in New York. I am sure this will bless all who look upon this.  It too surely will intrigue young viewers to find out more. Great job everyone

Gabby Potter

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 07:59:31 PM »
This is so pretty! Glad to know that there are so many people out there doing whatever they can to promote Dorje Shugden, to lift the ban. Lord Dorje Shugden has helped so many people including my friends and myself, I have seen many miracles that have been happening around me, to my family and friends. May this holy practise benefit billions of people.