Author Topic: Police open fire on monks in Tawu  (Read 4008 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Police open fire on monks in Tawu
« on: December 25, 2014, 10:16:23 AM »
135 Tibetans have immolated - and what has it achieved? Nothing. Has the Dalai Lama been as vociferous against self-immolation as he has been against Dorje Shugden practitioners? I think not. All he has to do is to say stop, and most Tibetans would listen and stop. Instead, he remains silent on this issue and monks and lay people are continuing to commit suicide for a lost cause. It is really such a waste and so sad.

Police open fire on monks in Tawu
Phayul[Thursday, December 25, 2014 07:16]

DHARAMSHALA, December 25: Several monks have been injured as Chinese police opened indiscriminate fire on monks who were trying to stop the police from taking away the body of the latest Tibetan self immolator in Tawu County.

A Tibetan source said that the police forcefully cremated the body of Kalsang Yeshi, 37, who died minutes after setting himself on fire on Tuesday, in an electric crematorium.

Two family members of the deceased were forced to throw the remains into a river at gunpoint, the source said.

Those injured are not willing to go to hospital for fear of being arrested, said the source.

Kalsang Yeshi was a former monk of Ganden Jhangtse monastery in south India. He went back to his native village in Tawu where he joined Nyitso Monastery. He was well respected among the local Tibetans for his contribution towards the community.

Kalsang became 135th Tibetan to self immolate in protest against the Chinese government since 2009 and 116th to succumb to the burns. His self immolation is the third by a Tibetan in just less than a month.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

sandra

• Email
Re: Police open fire on monks in Tawu
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 09:44:24 AM »
This sad tragedy should can be avoided as HH Dalai Lama should give instruction to stop self immolate. The action self immolate proven failure as mission or message was not bother by China government. Actually is so sad to see such tragedy continue happened. There are a lot of ways to show protest instead of harming own self. The protest is on going action and persistent is an important factor for the success. Life is precious to carry on the protest action instead of self immolate for one off protest action. I sincerely hope people are aware of it and voice up to stop the self immolate action.

kris

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 10:20:40 AM »
I remembered during one of the interviews with HH Dalai Lama on this matter and He mentioned that it is their own choice. I do agree that it is entire their own choice to self immolate but I do pray that HH Dalai Lama to discourage the people from doing this. According to Lam Rim, precious human life is difficult to obtain, and even if the person comes back as human in their next life, they will need to start from zero and time is wasted. Why not put in the hard work now?

As for HH Dalai Lama, I beg you to openly discourage your followers from self immolation...

... or is it because the followers do not see any more hope?

lotus1

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:01:13 AM »
This is really sad to know that another Tibetan has immolated and some are injured. What have CTA done to stop their people from immolating?  >:( >:( >:(
Don’t they know as a Buddhist, they should treasure the precious human body to practice Dharma?  :'(
Immolating cannot free Tibet! If the CTA wants to free Tibet, they should first unite their people, stop creating division and schisms among the Tibetan by banning Dorje Shugden practices! CTA should look into ways to improve the economy, social and development of the people. That’s the correct way to show that they are able to govern a country and a nation!

thaimonk

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 12:07:23 PM »
I feel a man of peace such as Dalai Lama wield so much power in Tibet. If he commands and insists the self immolations must stop, the Tibetans will listen. Why do you all think he doesn't speak up?

Gabby Potter

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 07:49:22 PM »
This really saddens me, I do not understand why are people doing this out of the intention to get rid of someone. Can you imagine hurting Sanghas? Let's not even talk about Sanghas, the amount of bad karma we have collected through hurting a layman is enough for us to suffer the consequences.

dondrup

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 12:28:59 PM »
Why wouldn't Dalai Lama speak up? By not speaking up, Dalai Lama encourages self-immolation. With these self-immolations, Dalai Lama keeps the desire for independence of Tibet alive for the patriotic Tibetans and create the illusion for the Tibetans that the CTA has been working hard all along towards this cause.  The reality is CTA and Dalai Lama had failed their missions since 1959 to wrest control of Tibet from China.  Tibet is now part of China.  China won't have dialogues with CTA.  Hence these self-immolations are really unnecessary sacrifices of precious human lives for a cause that will never materialise!   Dalai Lama and CTA could have put a stop to these self-immolations to save lives! But they have not! How sad!