Author Topic: Hundreds of Buddhists Protest, Accusing the Dalai Lama  (Read 10403 times)

gbds3jewels

• Email
Re: Hundreds of Buddhists Protest, Accusing the Dalai Lama
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »
DS practitioners must ensure that these protests remain peaceful and do not start getting violent. I agree with many here that these protests create awareness to DS and hopefully for many to find out the truth about DS. 

dsiluvu

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
I wish I was there!!! Ahhhh but I am there in spirit and in prayers. I wish them all the BEST in getting media attention and also for this brave nun to actually come up to the Dalai Lama, remained focus and calm and keep telling him to "please give religious freedom"! BRAVO to her and how awe inspiring because I think gearing up that kind of courage to speak up to the Dalai Lama is SUPER AMAZINGLY BRAVE! I'm sorry but I do think the Dalai Lama is "somebody" and He does has attainments and I would have FROZEN if it was me.

I think this nun has very strong meditation practice and that she focused on her Lama to have that courage to speak up and to speak so calmly, politely yet stayed very focused and firm on her stance. In the video below, it looked like Dalai Lama was agitated by her and showed a bit of anger from this so called "dialogue".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd00Jbd3jFY&app=desktop 

fruven

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 12:15:14 AM »
I feel this a good example for citizens in other countries to learn what is religious freedom and how to do protests. Without religious and basic human rights it is very difficult to make spiritual progress for a lay person. Not only you but everyone in the community will suffer from the same kind mentality on their human rights. It is like living in slavery and dictatorship and you never learn what options are available to live as a free human being.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 08:14:26 AM »
In the teachings it is said that Boddhisattvas ask to take on the sufferings of sentient beings and to give the best to the sentient beings. The Dalai Lama does not appears to be doing that. He is directly causing sufferings for 4 millions Shugden practitioners. Whatever reasons he has, it is difficult to see how the ban helps. The directly results are the sufferings of 4 millions Shugdenites and millions of non-Shugdenites alike.

This protest is well justified and in fact should be step up to highlight to the world the injustice of the Dalai Lama and his policies of intolerant. He is hypocritical in that he preach love and compassion to all in the world except Shugdenites.

Protest can be on the streets, with the local MPs, congressmen, senators and mostly on the social media. This site is doing a great job. Please get more and more to support the this site and groups like the ISC to bring down the ban.

Rihanna

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »
I am sure CTA feels stupid that their lies, unjust actions and violent attacks on  Dorje Shugden practitioners has been exposed and has attracted so much media attention. What is more stupid is that their hidden agenda against the practice of Dorje Shugden has reached foreign shores as the protesters were not only Tibetans but more foreigners. I have read and seen foreign groups or government intervening when another country experience  inequality and injustice, whether economic, political or social. Or suffering of poverty in one part of the world.  This is the first time that foreign entities get involved in an issue of  the denial of freedom and basic human rights. This is so unfounded.

HHDL often says that his  formal education in Buddhist thoughts exposed him to concepts such as interdependence and the human potential for infinite compassion. And that led to giving him a profound recognition of the importance of universal responsibility, non-violence, and inter-religious understanding. Non-violence??? Who was responsible for the attack of Gen Chonze??? Inter-religious understanding??? Forget inter-religious. Practice of Dorje Shugden IS Buddhism, not another religion. Unless CTA is trying to rewrite history....

eyesoftara

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 08:40:44 AM »
I rejoice in this latest protest against the Dalai Lama unjust ban that caused the suffering of millions of Tibetans. How can a leader, spiritual or secular becomes the direct cause to the sufferings of millions of people and not be a dictator? The Dalai Lama is in the categories of Hitler, Idi Amin, the South African apartheid regimes, Robert Mugabe... etc. I am real sorry to make this analogy but this is how I feel.

Please tell the world and make the world understand this. This is urgent.

dsiluvu

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 12:07:12 PM »
Shugden Buddhist faction protests Dalai Lama as he visits San Francisco
By Reuters
Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:26 EST

Dozens of Buddhists rallied on the streets of San Francisco on Saturday protesting the Dalai Lama, who they say has persecuted followers of an ancient deity that the Tibetan spiritual leader denounced decades ago.

The crowd of brightly-dressed monks, nuns and other Shugden Buddhism practitioners, a subset of Buddhists who worship the 300-year-old deity Dorje Shugden, held protest signs and chanted, “Religious freedom. Dalai Lama Give!”

Demonstrators met across the street from a building where the Dalai Lama was scheduled to launch the first of a series of speaking events in a tour of U.S. cities.

Dalai Lamas are the head monks of the Gelugpa lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. The current Dalai Lama is the 14th in this lineage, and in 1989 won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Critics claim that the Dalai Lama has excommunicated thousands of Shugden Buddhists from Tibetan exile communities in India, and continues to push practitioners out of communities around the world by encouraging his followers to deny them jobs, schooling and health care.

Norden Kelsang, a 38-year-old Shugden Buddhist nun at Saturday’s rally, who practices in New York, said the demonstrators want religious freedom.

“We don’t need the Dalai Lama to practice our religion or for us to practice his,” she said.

Sarah Baker, a spokeswoman for the American Himalayan Foundation, which organized the Dalai Lama’s San Francisco event, declined to comment. Calls to the Dalai Lama’s offices in India were not immediately returned.

The Dalai Lama, who fled from Tibet in 1959 following an uprising against Chinese power, believes Shugden was born out of hostility towards a previous Dalai Lama, and divides and harms he and his followers, according to a statement on the religious leader’s website.

The Dalai Lama met with President Barack Obama at the White House on Friday. He is scheduled to stay in the United States for another two weeks.

(Reporting By Carey Gillam; Editing by David Gregorio)
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/23/shugden-buddhist-faction-protests-dalai-lama-as-he-visits-san-francisco/

Whatever the reason it still does not justify to ban another person's religion/faith/belief what so ever... if the excuse is that it is "spirit worship" than might as well you ban 50% of the faiths and beliefs on this planet like Vodoo, Santanic, Wicker, Newage, Bon (which is from Tibet and is still be practised today, how Dalai Lama does not ban this spirit/nature worship?), Taoist and the list can go on very long! So not an EXCUSE to have such a discrimination on His own people. This is by far the worst kind of DISCRIMINATION I've encountered and it is being created by BUDDHIST who is suppose to be the world's most peaceful religion?!! SHAMEFUL.