Author Topic: Moore ‘finding spirituality’ in India  (Read 8124 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Moore ‘finding spirituality’ in India
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:05:11 AM »
Cool to see another public figure finding solace in Buddhism. Moore (pardon the pun) and more people are finding that Buddhism is a great way to find peace of mind after great tragic events in their lives. I hope Demi finds peace in Dharma, and will be another icon who can help influence their fans or members of the public to be more interested in Buddhism.

Moore ‘finding spirituality’ in India
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/moore-finding-spirituality-in-india-29721291.html

01 NOVEMBER 2013

Demi Moore is reportedly attending a life conference in India where the Dalai Lama is expected to speak.

The actress, who is expected to finalise her split from Ashton Kutcher at any moment, was seen in the suburb of McLeod Ganj on Monday in newly released photos published by US Weekly.

According to the tabloid, the Striptease star is in the country for a Mind and Life conference called Craving, Desire and Addiction, where the Dalai Lama is among scheduled speakers.

Demi, 51, is reportedly ready for a fresh start after settlement talks dragged on for years following her 2011 split from Ashton. The former couple are said to have signed the paperwork and are expected to file it this month, according to the New York Post’s Page Six.

"She's thrilled that they're finally finalising the divorce," a source told Us.

"It's taken so long. She's doing so well and she looks amazing!"

Demi looked relaxed in the images showing her walking the streets of McLeod Ganj. The star was dressed down in boots, trousers and a jacket, and spoke on a mobile phone as she navigated through a crowd.

Demi’s trip to the conference comes after her stint in a rehab facility early last year following the breakdown of her marriage to Ashton.

The thespian seems to be focussed on taking care of herself, and in June was seen in New Mexico, where she reportedly attended a retreat with her daughter, Rumer, and aimed to “break through the subconscious blocks that enslave the mind," according to TMZ.

Representatives for both Ashton and Demi have declined to comment on reports of the divorce settlement.

It will be the Demi’s third divorce, following a split from first husband Freddy Moore in 1985 and Bruce Willis, with whom she shares three daughters, in 2000.

© Cover Media
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

cookie

• Email
Re: Moore ‘finding spirituality’ in India
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »
Its great to see that Demi Moore makes so much effort to "move forward" in her life after her break down due to her separation from her ex husband Ashton Kurcher. She has attended rehabs and retreats and finally made her way to Dharamsala to have the opportunity to hear the Buddha's teachings. I wish for her and her family to be able to find the ultimate method to relieve her pains and sufferings.

Q

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 04:54:05 AM »
Great news.

Sometimes I really do pity these celebrities, that they would sacrifice so much of their personal space for the sake of fame, ambition and money. With so much people around them, where can they find the time and space to meditate and get peace.

It truly is sad. I suppose in that way being in Buddhism is excellent as everyone is treated the same. It must be quite a relief to not be treated like a pop star but as a regular person, with regular people's needs. I hope she sticks with Buddhism long enough for her to find peace within herself... she has found the path to happiness, it's now in her hands whether she wants to walk it or not.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:48:43 AM »
It's sad how people only turn to spirituality when they come to a road-block in their life.

We read of famous personalities turning to spirituality and we say "Good" - what then transpires from there? How do the influence others?

Like Q stated ... I hope she sticks with Buddhism long enough.

I also hope that Demi Moore is not turning to Buddhism because it is the "in" thing.

Klein

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »
I'm happy for Demi Moore that she's exploring Buddhism to heal the pain that she's going through. I think what's important is to have an open mind to explore and investigate until we find what we want.

Many other Hollywood celebrities have embraced Buddhism because it's logical and the practices bring real results. One of them is Goldie Hawn. In this CBS interview, Goldie Hawn talks about Buddhism and what it means to her.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=692269n] [url]http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=692269n[/url]

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »
Lately, it seems to me that many people are turning to Buddhism after splitting with their partners. Looks like they are seeking some solace and comfort from the trauma of their divorce in the wise words of Buddha. Most of the couples are famous personalities who have everything going for them. Yet there are still some differences which are causing them to make the decisions to part ways with each other. Hopefully Lord Buddha's teachings are able to guide them in their new life.

bambi

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »
Although she is seeking spirituality now because of unhappiness, its still a good thing to do. Well, I found Buddhism when I was at my low too. It is never too late to start on spirituality. What I do hope is that she will find the happiness and peace that will make her understand what is causing her the unhappiness. With 3 divorces, I am sure she is seeking for that 1 thing that is missing... happiness... All the best Demi!

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 01:32:21 PM »
Each of us have our own karma and sometimes some of us will have to go thru some form of unhappiness in order for us to meet the Dharma. One will be drifted far away from the Dharma if we were born in the country where it is almost impossible to even have a glance of the Buddha statue. In another words i am very fortunate to have the Dharma and even more meritorious to know the Dharma.

So all the best to you Ms. Demi Moore.

RedLantern

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 04:35:30 PM »
It always amazes me how a few lines,or sentences ,so much can be said about a person's life and experiences.One would wish that those few lines,or few sentences would be filled with good things.It is great to know that Demi Moore seeks spiritually and attended retreats and dharma talks.The Buddha's teachings have made sense out of a different world,they have given meaning to what would otherwise be a senseless life,they gave humane and compassionate ethics with which to lead life and they show how you can attain a state of purity and perfection.
May you find peace Ms Moore in your spiritual journey.

brian

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »
I feel happy for Demi Moore for she finally found her spiritual home in Buddhism. Peace is what she was looking for and she found it and understood the true nature and meaning of life in samsara. Her confession of her coming into Buddhism would spark a lot of attention from public especially her fans and will create some hype over the happiness and peace she found in Buddhism that will entice curious people to venture into Buddhism to find out more. I think by doing this, she has already created some merits for herself for having 'made' some of the people to turn to Buddhism in search of peace as she is influential and a popular figure.

diablo1974

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 07:10:12 AM »
Its a good start for her. I often wondering why are many people only incline to Buddhism when they have problems in life? For her, maybe is her marriage that makes her go spiritual. Whatever the reason, i rejoice for her to start her spiritual journey with the triple gems soon and also to inspire those around her.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »
It's not unusual to hear of people turning to spirituality, in this case, Buddhism. I was also one of them. I guess there must be many people going on this path daily but because they are not celebrities, we don't hear of them. Whether people continue to tread the path or not is subjective, for good or for bad reasons, but at least some dharma imprints were imprinted if some people discontinued dharma practices.

Manjushri

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 12:38:52 PM »
People seek solace and comfort in Buddhism because it teaches you how to find peace from within. Buddhism teaches you how you can deal with your own problems for your own happiness because ultimately the problems stemmed from you.

It is great to see the larger public embracing Buddhism and incorporating spirituality into their lives because as you can see, no matter how much you make or how famous you are, ultimately, everyone is seeking the same thing and the problems still come no matter who you are.

I hope that Demi Moore will find a new spark in life through Buddhism, and that she can find that inner happiness and peace so many are seeking for.

Aurore

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 05:13:58 PM »
It's sad how people only turn to spirituality when they come to a road-block in their life.

We read of famous personalities turning to spirituality and we say "Good" - what then transpires from there? How do the influence others?

Like Q stated ... I hope she sticks with Buddhism long enough.

I also hope that Demi Moore is not turning to Buddhism because it is the "in" thing.

It may appear sad that most people turn to dharma during their low times. Well, I call it a BLESSING. It's imprints which opens up at a certain point in life through some good merits for anyone to even turn to dharma during bad times. Some go mad, some kill themselves, some commit more negative karma. Turning to dharma and sincerely trying to make a change shows realisation and regret.

The Buddha's teachings taught us it is better to experience suffering rather than to enjoy a good life. For A-list celebrities like Demi Moore, living a life of the god realm makes it difficult to want to go into a spiritual life.

Should contemplate on this further.