Author Topic: A mother smashing 2-year old girl's head into the wall  (Read 13674 times)

DS Star

A mother smashing 2-year old girl's head into the wall
« on: May 16, 2013, 11:19:01 PM »
Happy Mother's Day!

The whole world is celebrating this special day to honour mothers. Everyone singing praises of mothers... yet in the same time we read about this kind of horrible news how a mother killed her own child...

"A mother in Citrus County, Fla., has confessed to killing her 2-year-old daughter by smashing the girl's head into the wall, deputies say."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/06/chelsea-huggett-mom-smashes-toddler-2-year-old-head-into-wall_n_3222492.html#news_content

Can these kind of tragedy be avoided by instilling spiritual knowledge to young mothers?

It is a medical conditions, but the source of all sickness comes from the mind...
so is it still possible to prevent this with religion education?

A similar topic was discussed at length before on this link:

Mother kills baby online - a case of mental disorder?
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=2602.msg35135#msg35135

The last reply from Q is rather interesting... it is said to be influenced by 'self-cherishing' mind but on the other hand, a medical condition is considered as cause thus, kind of no solution to it....

It is so scary how the 'self cherishing' mind can be so strong tot he point a mother can kill her own son just because she is unhappy with her in laws and husband... just to satisfy herself through getting revenge towards the person she is angry with, she is willing to sacrifice her son...

However, it may also be a medical condition where women get depression right after giving birth which can last for months, or even years. Many cases of child abuse is associated with women having post partum depression...

What is your opinion on this? Is there a possibility to prevent this kind of tragedy?

sonamdhargey

Re: A mother smashing 2-year old girl's head into the wall
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »
When a Mother can smash her innocent daughter's head to wall and kill her, it is obvious that she is mentally unsound. Mentally unsound people have trouble with logic and are also lack of empathy which drives them to act in a manner where normal people won't. I think no matter how much spiritual knowledge are instilled, they just don't have the ability to make sense of any spirituality they have learned and may be even more confused and may perverse what they have learned. We should not ignore these people and should be brought to attention for medical help. The medicine nowadays are can help with conditions like this but we must do our part not to ignore these people and help them by getting help for them.

dondrup

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:12:42 PM »
It is unfortunate for both the mother and her young daughter.  Both are linked karmically but their short relationship is a disaster.  From the Buddhism point of view, the daughter and her mother had acted out of their karma created from their past lives.  From the medical point of view, the mother could have acted as such due to her serious mental disorder.  Another point of view would be that the mother is young, impatient, inexperienced and careless.  There are other possible environmental factors that had led her to kill such as the lack of moral and financial support from her relatives and friends, modern-day stress, lack of spiritual wisdom to guide her to solve her problems in daily life and etc.   I hope that the mother will regret her action and purify her heavy negative karma of killing.  Also let it be known that her sadistic killing of her baby is very wrong and punishable by law.  May such negative action never occur again.

RedLantern

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »
A very sad case,I find it difficult to believe how anyone,let alone a parent,could cause so much pain upon a small,cute,helpless and dependant child.There are a number of possibilities .She 's a psychopath.She killed the kid because it was inconvenient or some such.She might be suffering from some other psychological impairment impulse control disorder to actual delusional thinking,any number of possibilities.It could be an accident,it's been known to happen.No emotionally healthy and mature mother could kill her own child....but not all mother's are emotionally and mentally healthy.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:31:23 PM »
 There are other topics that have been posted in this Forum pertaining to how children are being physically tortured.

For any parent to be able to subject their very own flesh and blood to such despicable acts warrants that he/she is of unsound mind, an issue that needs immediate medical attention.

Unsound mind cannot understand.

DS Star

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 11:40:37 AM »
There are other topics that have been posted in this Forum pertaining to how children are being physically tortured.

For any parent to be able to subject their very own flesh and blood to such despicable acts warrants that he/she is of unsound mind, an issue that needs immediate medical attention.

You are right Jessie Fong, "unsound mind cannot understand".

The issue here is, is there anyway we can prevent this kind of tragedy?
It used to be very rare to hear of such case but now seems more and more we heard of it...

Whatever happened to our human sanity?
Shouldn't we find out what really cause more and more parents to have unsound minds...?

This 'trend' is so serious nowadays that it is becoming a 'not-so-shocking' news anymore... if we google for such news, we will be bombarded with lots of links for an equal if not more horrible crime done by parents onto their own child/ children.

Is there a way to slow down this 'trend' using spiritual education?
Is it possible to prevent the parents from developing 'unsound minds'?

brian

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »

only someone who is of unsound mind would be able to do such harm to her own born child. Even a beast would not eat her own born child, let alone humans with sound mind. How many cases have we heard about the harm that mothers inflicted onto their own children. Education or religion teachings would not be able to correct this mother as she is of unsound mind. She has no capacity to understand what is going wrong otherwise she would not have smashed her 2 year old girl's head to the wall. What she needed would be theraphy and cure

Aurore

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 08:30:36 PM »
Yes, it is due to self-cherishing mind we inflict harm towards others. It is also due to self-cherishing mind that mental disorders arises. The solution to gain a selfless mind is the world's greatest medicine - dharma.

Applying dharma teachings into our every day life is the key to have a good mental health as long as the karma has not open up in a way the winds of the person has gone off. Then it's too late for the person in this life already. During then, can only plant dharma seeds for it to be opened up in future lives.

pgdharma

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »
Yes for sure she is unsound mind and her actions reflected her as a psychopath.  A  psychopath is a person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse. Who in the right frame of mind will do this to her own flesh and blood. She needs help through counseling and medication. She will have no capacity to understand or learn the dharma in this condition.

buddhalovely

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 04:24:03 AM »
This child is also a victim of a govenor and legislature that are more concerned with filling the pockets of big business and their political support groups then the welfare of at risk children. DCF is a joke in that state and we all know it, so what is Tallahassee's answer to dead and abused children? Cut DCF's funding and as a result staff cuts.

The CPS system is so incredibly broken. A lot of articles I've read where the child was subjected to abuse and later died, CPS had been notified. In another case, CPS has now opened up a case against an Immigrant Russian parents of a child who only wanted a second opinion and left the hospital without officially signing out, even though they really did bring the child to another hospital. What does CPS do? They remove the child from the parents. I think they need to be held more accountable for their actions, children's lives are at stake and they have a protection from being held liable. This needs to change. There was a recent cover up of two CPS workers that are in jail now, but it took so much to make that happen. I'm to the point of starting action and finding groups that support changing how CPS is run. It's been a broken system for far too long.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »
In this day and age we are very lucky to be able to know some dharma and practice it. Especially with internet we can actually be able to learn from the computer. Unfortunately many more doesn't have to merits to do so like being closed or recognizing the teachings of The Buddha. Hence, all these unhappy and very sad cruel event is happening in this degenerate time and period. In Buddhism point of view the unfortunate event happened due to unfinished karmic existence between the mother and the poor child as a result manifested in such a way or manner.

kris

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 09:50:29 PM »
Oh... I read about this news a few weeks back, and it is for sure a very sad case. :( There are more and more pressure that parents have to face in this era.. work pressure, family pressure, peer pressure, etc... that's why it is very important that we have spirituality, to calm down our mind, and relax because I believe that everyone has the inner strength to calm our mind if we have the correct tools.

Rihanna

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 01:47:37 AM »
The mother was so young. She looked not more than 16 in the picture. Most likely the child is born out of wedlock. Without proper guidance and family and social support, these single mothers do not have the wisdom and resources to bring up a child on her own. She cracked under pressure.

I am not giving her an excuse for such cruelty, but I am sure this is happening in other parts of the world too, and could have gone unreported. It is time for us to re-look at our family and social structure, else more babies will be bashed the same way

lotus1

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 08:14:42 PM »
Yes, very sad to hear about this. Weather the mother is ignorance, selfish or stressed, agreed with kris that if she has spiritual guidance, I’m sure that she would not have killed her lovely daughter.
I feel that I am so fortunate to have known Dorje Shugden and he has helped me gone through a lot of obstacles and difficulties in life. He has made my life and my spiritual journey so much smoother. He is the protector of Je Tsongkhapa teachings that is full of wisdom and compassion. If the mother has met and practiced Lord Shugden, I am sure she would not ended up in killing her daughter. I sincerely wish the ban will be lifted soonest and many more will get the chance to learn and practice Dorje Shugden. I’m sure the world would be a better place when more are blessed and protected by Lord Shugden.

fruven

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 04:04:10 PM »
Oh ..  :'( it is very depressing and sad to see this happens for both mother and the child. Indeed spiritual knowledge can help because spiritual knowledge moves us from the point of selfish mind to less selfish mind as others have mentioned. That is the purpose of spiritual knowledge or in this context Dharma. Medicine is not a one-stop cure all illnesses because behavior and attitude are stem from the mind. What we are seeing here is a physical manifestation of mental illness. What I can say that we need more mental or spiritual medicine more so than physical medicine because people are less likely to physically sick because of the vaccine we take during our youth.