Author Topic: Divination methods of Dorje Shugden  (Read 179651 times)

maricisun

• Email
Re: Divination methods of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »
If anyone practices Dorje Shugden then its only logical that if a divination is to be done then it should be by Dorje Shugden  divination methods.
Once a divination has been requested it must be followed through all the way and to trust totally on the Protector no matter what.

dorshugfriend

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2014, 08:11:17 AM »
Who on god's green earth has time for this?   ???  It's hard to find time even to do a kangso.

Someone who is truly committed and willing to devote their lives to benefiting others with Dorje Shugden's practice? I imagine it would be someone who doesn't let laziness and the fear of 'giving up' their current lifestyle affect their resolve to do his practice.

I think to do this takes commitment and focus. It has to be for a higher reason like to gain enlightenment or something. I believe that giving up worldly commitments and attachments is one way.

OMB

« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2014, 04:29:20 AM »
Thank you for sharing such an informative account on the Divination.  Desperation will lead us to seek whatever methods we can get, without checking the background and the consequences. I am so grateful that I do not have to resort to this , as I know how blessed and beneficial to have a GURU, that is highly Enlightened, his purpose is to help us alleviate our own sufferings.  Have trust in the GURU all the way as he is the only ONE can lead us to ENLIGHTEMENT.

grandmapele

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2014, 07:10:21 AM »
Interesting discussion on Divination. But, with all the required retreats, empowerment and fire pujas required, wouldn't it be a requirement too that whosoever wishes to be able to do divination be guided by a qualified person i.e. a highly attained lama? Isn't that what Tibetan Buddhism all about - reliance on the Guru? Is one even allowed to practice all that without the permission of one's Guru?

cookie

• Email
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
Wow ! It was a really comprehensive coverage of Divination in this posting. Thank you to all that have contributed to it.  I learned a lot from all the comments. For me personally I would only resort to divination of an enlightened being like Dorje Shugden or another enlightened being if I am at the crossroad of severe loss where I have no other options. Many resort to fortune telling or horoscopes etc for almost every aspect of their lives just because they want the easy way out of not having to think or be responsible for their decisions and actions. Or they are very superstitious of most matters in their lives.
Divinations by Enlightened beings are very sacred instructions which MUST be taken to heart fully . One should not request for a divination unless they are prepared to fulfill all the requirements. When that's done one can change the course of your karma for good. Hence divinations by enlightened beings are indeed very powerful.

jamyang_sonam

• Email
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2014, 12:50:46 PM »
very well explanation on the step and procedure for doing retreat before we able to engage in DS divination. i believe with since and right motivation, those who wanted to learn the divination will do it properly as per what TK has written, and the end result from the retreat will not only be the successful and clear divination result, but the mind transformation from the retreat what the person reaps most benefit from.

Thank You TK for the well detailed expalantion. Tashi Delek

kelly

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2014, 07:07:16 AM »
I think the suitable candidate must be someone who has a lot of concern about others and very committed to his work and has very strong guru devotion , I think the strong guru devotion is important because all our attainment come from our guru without the guru there will be no Dharma .

wisdommind

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2015, 02:57:31 AM »
It so amazing to know about Dorje Shugden divination still exiting in this modern world now. It open up my mind to see how the holy being can help us through his divination giving advice to the monks when we need help. Even the method to do the divination must do such retreat only can achieving the result. Guru devotion to the Lama and deity it self is the key point. Thank above post of sharing, it got me so much knowledge and information.  ;D

Clifford.Khong

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »
Very interesting forum topic on Divination, the debate on Divination and Lam Rim, the course of motivation when one seeks for divination, the purpose of divination and what to do after one receives their divination instructions.

I personally wouldn't want to ask my Lama for a divination for anything related to my worldly matters such as business, finance, relationship or some obstacle in life which I can't get over. Like beggar says it puts the Lama down to a mere fortune teller and that's not the point of what a divination is for. The reason for anyone to seek divination should be for the motivation for ones improvement and advice on their spiritual journey to enlightenment. Even still for that we wouldn't require a divination but a direct instruction from our Lama itself. We mustn't degrade our lama for a divination for any small problems when those problems were created by ourselves.

Although a Lama already has the clairvoyance to see the result and any instruction given to you by him/her should be the result of the divination itself and followed through accurately with faith and discipline because that would keep your samaya with your Guru intact.  I learnt a lot from this forum topic and the importance of having to follow your Gurus instructions to completely because if you do not follow the instructions and your samaya is broken with your Guru your divination results would never be accurate and always different.

Although I haven't completely read and understood the Lam Rim (If I did I would be enlightened), even if it has not mentioned anything about divination does not mean it is not real and accurate. Someone mentioned the Buddha thought 84,000 teachings and there are 108 Buddhist 'Bibles' - texts from the teachings of Buddha himself, doesn't mean divination from Dorje Shugden is not real. One's lineage and practice may not be the same as another but that doesn't make yours better than theirs, but merely more suitable for your level of mind stream and what makes you more comfortable.

Some people (I will not mention) on this forum has put down other people's lineage/beliefs on divination I feel is wrong, it is an open topic yes and criticism is allowed but in a respectful and constructive manner, not out rightly putting others down because you think your way of practicing is better.

I admire and praise TK for having gone through the whole process before becoming qualified to give DS divination and I completely agree that it is just a side benefit of being able to do that. Thank you for sharing the detailed process of Divination.

sandra

• Email
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2015, 11:59:37 PM »
Thank you for the sharing. I simply believe that a great dharma centre do need more people know how to go about this Divination in order to benefit others. However this is just not so simple as people are required to give away their worldly life and learn this. I learned something from the discussion here that the pure motivation of benefit others is important to learn the divination. Most important is that one should not simply request for the divination unless one prepared to fulfil all the requirements. How far we can go with our spiritual journey simply depend on how much time we spend to learn up and practice the dharma.

Vajra10

« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2017, 04:03:53 PM »
I always thought that it was the Lama that would decide if a student was ready for any special practices such as divination, or to be a medium (oracle) for the Protector.

Is it the other way around, the student would make requests, and if so, what student wouldn't want all the special powers? ego both ways, scared to ask, and bold to ask.

How does it work present day around the world?

anyone know?

I personally think that everything have to be 2 ways , if a student is not ready, a guru will not simply give the training because if the student do not follow what the guru teaches and go all the way it will definitely create negative karma for the student. In another hand, a student must be ready to receive the teaching, for instance, prepare oneself with all preliminary practices and most importantly set a positive motivation, etc,. Benefit all sentient beings.

angelsherfield

« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »
Thank you for TK sharing on the DS divination. It's really detailed and informative. I would say if really someone wants to do it, no matter how tough is the retreat or practice, he/ she will go all the way to it.