Author Topic: Human meat anyone?  (Read 13281 times)

DS Star

Human meat anyone?
« on: March 31, 2013, 04:01:23 PM »
PETA's new and creative campaign hope to bring visual impacts to meat eaters that the meats comes from 'murdered' victims just like the 'bloody bodies' lying in the giant trays...

This trend has spread to other major cities like New York, Barcelona, etc. I thought this is brilliant idea by the PETA activists.

http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archive/2010/07/29/nyc-drop-dead-meat.aspx

http://www.demotix.com/news/1115640/animal-equality-demonstration-barcelona-world-meat-out-day/all-media

http://blogs.pjstar.com/eye/2011/05/06/meat-tray-peta-protesters-hit-peoria/

Small | Large

fruven

Re: Human meat anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:12:30 AM »
 :o Wow it is one way of grabbing the attentions to the issue at hand that is taking meat is plain dangerous for our health, the planet, and basically everything. Why do we need to eat meat to survive? It is like taking cigarette, we don't need it.

There are zillion of reasons why eating meat is bad but the main reason is animal suffers tremendously. Why do they need to suffer? And also we suffers as a consequence of eating them.  :(

brian

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 02:31:02 AM »
This is so cool!! Certainly it will make people think and help their minds to realise the act of eating meat is actually murder! This maybe a little gross but true to every perspective if we analyse it properly and I was left in total awe when I saw the pictures. Scary it may seem when you look at the expressions of the dead, but this is very creative to say the least. Brilliant stuffs! Hope this trend of demonstration will soon make its way to the rest of the world and make more people realised. Who knows, there could be a lot people who will be staying away from meat after seeing this.

diablo1974

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:42:50 AM »
Looks gross but very true. If the animals has the ability to act like how human kills and hunt for food, it will be quite an irony. The images already show what we humans did to mother nature, quite sad, we been using her resources for centuries and we are the continue cause to lead her into destruction if we continue to kill and eat meat.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 04:57:58 AM »
PETA is always extremely (in all senses of the word) creative and provocative. This latest campaign is very much atypical of PETA's style. I just wonder how people can continue eating meat when faced with reality checks like PETA's campaigns. I have seen people become very agitated when challenged on their meat eating habits, and i think that it is because they do subliminally know that eating meat is wrong but they do not want to change because of their attachment to taste and projections about eating meat. Hopefully, with more campaigns like this, it will bring increasing awareness to what we eat.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

pgdharma

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:30:34 PM »
Gosh, so gross yet so true. It really makes people think and contemplate.  Animals too have feeling of fears just like human beings. But just because they cannot communicate verbally that doesn’t give us the right slaughter them for our desire and attachment to food.

Meat is murder! Be a Vegetarian! Stop putting dead corpses into our body!

bambi

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »
Come to look at it the other way round... It is really gross, yucky and scary. Imagine all the corpses that I have put in my mouth! But I must agree with how PETA is promoting vegetarianism. All the interesting and thought provoking ideas definitely make people wonder and create the cause for people to ponder about eating meat. I really hope that they continue to do what they are doing!

kris

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »
Peta has done a good job by using very creative ways to create awareness in treating animals "equally". Many of their campaigns has reached the headlines due to their creativity and boldness.

Many of us still don't realise where are meat come from. Some of us know, but we pretend we don't know. There is actually no "kind" way of killing animals for the sake of becoming our food.

If one day some aliens come to earth and start eating people, just like how the pictures depicted, how would we feel? Only then we will realise how cruel are we in treating other earthlings?

RedLantern

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »
If many people became vegetarian and stated to the large supplier that they're not going to eat meat unless it's farm humanely,animal cruelty would diminish.
Peta's message to the world is to stop animal cruelty.Due to the current method of food production,there is virtually no way to eat meat without directly supporting to animal suffering.
The amount of meat that people eat currently is responsible for many different cancers,indicating that our bodies are not used to  ingesting cooked meat.
There are plenty of plant foods with all the amino acids required for a healthy body.Human beings have plenty other options when it comes to non-animals foods and products.
So why not be a vegetarian and live a healthier life and let animals live.

dondrup

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 12:49:04 PM »
It is normal to see a package of animal meat wrapped in transparent plastic bag on the shelf of a supermarket.  It may be shocking to many to see instead the “human meat”! I hope PETA will get their message across!  It is apt to do the demonstration in front of Toronto’s Quality Meat Packers’ pig slaughterhouse.

Have the meat consumers ever thought that wrapped within that plastic bag is the meat of an animal that have sacrificed its life in order to fulfill their desire for the taste of meat? 

From the Buddhism point of view, all sentient beings had our mothers or fathers in countless past lives.  Hence what these meat consumers are really eating are their mothers and fathers of their past lives! How dreadful and unkind they are! There are many choices of food, please become vegetarian!

Tenzin K

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 03:09:53 PM »
Wow! This is really catching attention! Great!
There are so many campaign out there to make people realize of the cruelty of eating meat but the ignorance and selfishness are still strong.
Some people still do not realize that human are not the only living beings that live in this world. Animals are just another form of living being that so much have the right to live just like us human. They just can't speak in our language to tell us that but we can definitely see  and feel through their action.

This campaign should obviously wakes the meat eater that the meat that they attach with have no different with their own meat.
Pls be more compassion and realize that every single piece of meat that serve on our plate means some living being are being sacrifice for our tastebuds and pleasure. Just imagine if there are a demand for human meat and you are being hunt to fulfill this them? How do you feel?

Q

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »
I love it how PETA comes up with excellent ideas to campaign their vision and encourage vegetarianism. I think this is an imaginative way of creating awareness. Some people may not notice the significance of killing animals for meat... but with this graphically 'gruesome' display of 'human meat'... I think it is a strong enough message to get people thinking.

Just like how they protested against animal testing on cosmetics by using a real human as a test subject for all to see, I believe it is a statement made that will catch people's attention.

Everyone have some compassion in them... it is just a matter what method we use to bring out the kindness in them and encourage them to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 04:32:33 AM »
I love this campaign, it has a very powerful visual impact which helps us to relate better to the piece of meat which we are about to take from the freezer. It shows us how we are all the same, and we all should stop thinking a piece of meat is food and this piece of meat was once with a soul and it has feeling too. Imagine yourself being transport hours at the back of the truck with other human beings, naked without food and drink? Imagine... what will you be thinking to yourself. Mentally alone is enough to make our soul go crazy, we don't even have to mention about the slaughtering bit.

I really hope these graphic visual will be printed in those meat lover's mind forever, we should be kind to all animals.

sonamdhargey

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 02:08:30 PM »
Interesting. Recently I had a word with a friend. He was really upset about a dog being tortured and killed and the dog's head was wrapped in plastic bag and suffocated to death. I asked him why is it that he is so upset about that dog while he is happily eating meat. He became defensive and said that it is god given and we he as human being must accept the survival tree which we humans are superior therefore deserves to eat animals to survive. What PETA is doing is a good however such mindset like my friend is what we need to address.

brian

• Email
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
Absolutely creative way to awake the mind of people who loves eating meat! One who eats meat is only to please their attachment for taste and by now we all know that human does not need meat to live. We have alternatives in vegetables.

This is a classic demonstration to show people it is very very gross to have meat as your meal. We can feel fine by eating chickens, cows, pigs but why would we feel awkward when we hear some would eat rats, dogs etc. for their meals?? In this case, this demonstration of human meat for sale packed in packages similar to those meat packages that most people buy from the marts daily will really make people think "ewww... killing sucks!"