Author Topic: The Next Pope Will Be The Last Pope.  (Read 14184 times)

fruven

Re: The Next Pope Will Be The Last Pope.
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »
If we lived our lives thinking this would be our last day of our life and do the best we can with the correct motivation, non of these prophecies of doom will ever matter. After all, the world as we know it ending is all a matter of interpretation anyway... we all have our looming doomsday... our mortality and impending death! The only one sure thing in life when we are born is that we WILL die! Everything else is but a transient delusion...

Only exception being our spiritual growth and journey. Which translated is the karma we create. That is the only universal truth! Hence these constant prophecies of doom for me is laughable really! How we die with regards to the "event" of our death is irrelevant... it is "how" we die with regards to our mindset and how we lived our lives should be the only importance!

Well, I realize one thing though not everybody who come face-to-face with death would necessarily think spiritually. I have asked friends who are not in Dharma what would they do if they knew they had only a month left to live. The most common answer would be to travel the world and enjoy themselves as much as they could while they still could.

I think people's attachments are stronger than they think and this is without them knowing it. I guess there's a familiarity with their attachments and they don't realize how the attachment brings about a negative situation. I think people don't necessarily believe that and so, we have a lot of beings that being reborn in the 3 lower realms especially in this day and age where materialism and consumerism overwhelms ethics and spirituality of any kind. Hence, Dorje Shugden is still a most effective and powerful solution for this. When practitioners receive the blessings, benefit and kindness of Dorje Shugden, they would be steered towards the Dharma. That's the specialty of Dorje Shugden in this degenerate times.

People may engage more into their own attachments if they think they are going to die very soon. If they are habitually enjoying life they could spend their wealth away enjoying more life. Unless one stands still and checks the meaning of life one will continue whatever one is doing now because of habituation. We have become familiar with whatever we used to do it every day. Because the happiness we know of is impermanent we become to attach to it. Suffering comes from being attached to something.