Author Topic: Feature on Domo Geshe  (Read 10995 times)

DharmaDefender

Feature on Domo Geshe
« on: April 14, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
Did you know if you RSS feed this website, it works wonders telling you when something news been uploaded...

Anyway, just seen this... a feature on Domo Geshe Rinpoche

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=12617

Reading this always inspires me that our Protector practice cant be wrong if hes so attained and highly qualified, and he chose to practice Dorje Shugden too:

When His Holiness the Thirteenth Dalai Lama returned from India in 1912 he stopped in Tromo, and a meeting took place between His Holiness and Domo Geshe Rinpoche at Kangyur Lhakang in Galingkang. One morning His Holiness mentioned to his attendants that he expected a very special visitor that afternoon. That day Domo Geshe Rinpoche, who always looked like a simple monk, brought special delicacies to offer to His Holiness and spent a long time in private talks with him. In the evening, His Holiness asked his attendants if they had seen the very special person who had visited him in the afternoon. They said that they had only seen a monk in tattered robes. His Holiness replied, “That is too bad. I saw Je Tsong Khapa himself.”

Rihanna

Re: Feature on Domo Geshe
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
What an incredible lama. Lamas of their calibre don't come by very often nowadays. Actually its quite sad huh? These last few years, many high lamas from the older generation who came from Tibet have been passing into clear light. It's going to be a while before they come over age...it is a dark age for us, with Dorje Shugden suppressed and few lamas giving public teachings and initiations on him.

Come to think about it, the timing is quite amazing. The lamas who are DS practitioners have not yet come of age, and because of the ban they have to remain low key and study, keep small centres, etc. But when the ban is lifted, they will be the right age to spread the teachings everywhere. I'm thinking about lamas like Zong Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche when I say this.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 03:54:17 PM »
Dug these up from a previous thread on Domo Geshe Rinpoche, thought you lot might like to take a look. Seems to be logical according to what Rihannas just said. Domo Geshe Rinpoche is young, as is Trijang Rinpoche whose also in the photo.

jeremyg

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
Beautiful quote. Again don't judge on appearances. It must have been beautiful to be in the presence of Tsongkhapa himself. What is even better is that the current incarnation of Dome Geshe Rinpoche is alive and well in Shar Gaden Monastery. He is very young now, but I cannot wait to see what the emanation of Tsongkhapa will do for buddhism as a whole as he becomes older.

Manjushri

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »
I love the teaching. This distinctly shows the merits one has compared to another. When one has enough merits, they will be able to not only see and meet a Buddha, but they are able to recognize one. And when they do, their attitude, personality, behaviour will change; transformation will occur. The monks/assistants couldn't see Domo Geshe Rinpoche, as how the 13th Dalai Lama saw him.. the monks/assitants only perceived Domo Geshe Rinpoche to be 'just another monk' - imagine they have such great merits to serve HH the 13th Dalai Lama and to see Domo Geshe Rinpoche, but can't even recognise him. Imagine what it will take for the ordinary you and I, folks. Anyways, the quote is so well said, right to the point. Domo Geshe Rinpoche is undoubtedly an emanation of Lama Tsongkhapa amongst our degenerate age today. And Rihanna has noted an incredible fact..when the ban is lifted, these new generation of re-incarnated lama will be at an age just ripe to spread Buddhadharma and the practices of Dorje Shugden far and wide. I am anxiously waiting for that day,...and I know that day will come. Otherwise, they would all not have re-incarnated back and enthroned.

Since the 13th Dalai Lama sees Lama Tsongkhapa and Domo Geshe Rinpoche as one, meaning he has no faults, therefore whatever practices that Domo Geshe Rinpoche has been and is doing is correct and obviously has results. This includes Dorje Shugden's practice. Why the sudden change of mine, HH the 14th Dalai Lama?

What would you do if you had such great fortune to meet Domo Geshe Rinpoche? I wish his current incarnation a long life to continue the works of his previous incarnation. May he once again excel in his monastic studies in Shar Gaden and spread the doctrine of the faultless Lama Tsongkhapa in all directions.

Do read more on the incredible life of Domo Geshe Rinpoche here:
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1315

honeydakini

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »
Thank you again, to the people writing and sharing these beautiful tributes - much needed in a world that is now so discriminatory towards Lamas, just because their practices differ.

I especially love your approach to bring out the good instead of focusing on the bad of the situation. I think enough has been sad about the "badness" of the Dalai Lama and his cronies. How much more uplifting it is to read the stories of greatness and goodness that these Shugden lamas have brought to the world. I'm a firm believer that if we wish to share Dorje Shugden with others and have others gain faith in him, merely putting down the Dalai Lama won't work. People will look upon us and wonder if this is the result of a Dorje Shugden practitioner - to discredit another lama. People won't care that you are are correct or logical, they will simply see it as you criticising another Lama.

Anyway, so I do believe that articles like this are so much more fulfilling - they serve the purpose of bringing to light the immense contributions that these Lamas have brought out, and prove to the world, in another way, that Shugden is NOT harmful. 

If he really was, if Shugden practitioners are doomed to hell, then why are the great ones all back among us now? Some of them even recognised by the Dalai Lama himself, such as Trijang Rinpoche.

Thank you and please keep sharing. These reads are fascinating to me and have helped me and my Dharma community so very much.

Barzin

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »
I have read that the current Domo Geshe is undergoing his studies and by just looking at the pictures above got me so excited to see so many accomplished masters standing together with such a remarkable Rinpoche!  Simply and beautiful is what the teaching is...  A lot of time we can not see how our karma play on us but those high attained masters can...  but in our eyes, they are just merely monks...  They could be just some really accomplished reincarnation of some high attained masters!  But we can't see it.  Even when they give us advise, we go against it or try to avoid it...  If only we can see our own karma...

How many times we walked away from a good advice?  Hence we need the merits. The merits to be able to receive something good, the merits to open our karma to receive and understand dharma better.  Not once a year going to temple, light an incense and get blessing and that's it!  It is just as important to practise dharma every single minute.  I consider ourselves so lucky to be able to even hear names like Domo Geshe Rinpoche, Trijang Rinpoche, Zong Rinpoche, Gangchen Rinpoche etc... and they are among us...!!!  And they are ready for the next generation.  I rejoice very much for Domo Geshe's future dharma work to come, I am sure it will be remarkable! 

pgdharma

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »
Looks and appearances can be very deceiving because our perception is dependent on our merits. If we have enough merits we would have recognized a Buddha instead of a monk in tattered robes.

How fortunate we are in this degenerate time, that Dome Geshe has reincarnated back to be with us. He is still young and as Rihanna mentioned  when the ban is lifted, reincarnated lamas like Domo  Geshe, Trijang Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche will be at the ripe age to spread the Buddhadharma. May the doctrine of Lama Tsongkhapa spread and  flourish in all directions.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 05:35:39 PM »
For those who are interested to read more about Domo Geshe Rinpoche, I found this article on Shar Gaden’s website.

What stood out for me was the problems his parents encountered because of his recognition. I had thought that the obstacles were due to his practice or association with Dorje Shugden, but here it appears that obstacles usually accompany great incarnations. I just found it odd that the recognition of such a great incarnation – of Tsongkhapa, no less – had obstacles instead of celebrations but now i know.

Also, it was gratifying to read that his enthronement was attended by so many great Dorje Shugden Lamas – the very legends of the Gelugpa tradition!

http://shargadenpa.org/throneholder/domo-geshe-rinpoche
KYABJE DOMO GESHE RINPOCHE LOSANG JIGME NGAK-GI WANGCHUK

LO ter jam pel nying po luk SANG chok
Dzin la JIG drel tuk tob da ME ching
Nyen gyu men NGAK ta cho nam dak GI
Gyun pel ma we WANGCHUK shab ten shok

O fearless One, with peerless, powerful mind,
You carry the essence of Losang’s treasury,
The supreme, noble teachings of Manjusri Tsongkapa.
Please live long O Lord of Speech,
Ceaselessly spreading the instructions
On the pure view and action of the Whispered Lineage!

(This name and wish fulfillment prayer was composed and offered to Losang Jigme Ngak –Gi Wangchuk the supreme reincarnation of Domo Geshe Rinpoche by Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche on the 13th Day of the 7th Month in the Year 2006).

Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche Losang Jigme Ngak-Gi Wangchuk was recognized and confirmed as the authentic reincarnation of Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche Ngawang Jigme Chokyi Wangchuk by Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche after careful divination, invocation of the Dharmapala and prayers spanning a period of four years (2002 to 2006). The previous Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche was also recognized by previous Kyabje Yongzin Trijang Dorjechang jointly with Kyabje Pharbongka Dorjechang.

This holy reincarnation of one of the greatest present day Mahasiddhas was born in New York, USA on 2nd June, 2003 in the auspicious month of Saga Dawa to ethnic Sikkimese parents belonging to the Lingmo Kazi family who were orthodox Nyingmapas. Due to the great obstacles that usually accompany the birth of such an emanation and the degenerate times we live in, Rinpoche’s family faced unbelievable opposition and harassment. As such, it was only after establishing beyond any doubt that their son was indeed the true and unmistaken reincarnation of Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche that his parents finally consented to offer their only son two years after the recognition. During this period, Rinpoche revealed himself to his parents on many occasions and the miracles that accompanied him is legendary now among his devotees. Today the parents are convinced that they have done the right thing and are happy in the knowledge that they have had the privilege of playing a positive role in the continuation of this holy lineage.

His official enthronement took place at Dung Guen Samtencholing, Darjeeling, his principal monastery in India on 3rd March; 2008. This joyous occasion was attended by thousands of devotees from all over the world including members of The World Fellowship of Buddhists and the Representative of the US Consulate. Thereafter he was enthroned at Tashi Choling, his monastery in Kurseong, West Bengal and then at Enchey House the ancestral home and seat of previous Domo Geshe Rinpoche in Gangtok, Sikkim. On 23rd June, 2008 he was enthroned at Gangjong Namgyel, Lew Beach NY, the US residence and headquarters of the previous Domo Geshe Rinpoche. The enthronement was presided over by Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche and   Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche. Gangchen Rinpoche,  Achok Rinpoche, Michel Rinpoche and Zawa Tulku  Rinpoche attended. Geshe Helmut Gassner  attended as Gonsar Rinpoche’s representative. Kyabje Pharbongka Rinpoche too sent his blessings and a Representative (Khentrul Rinpoche).

He was formally enrolled and enthroned at Shar Gaden Monastery on 25th April, 2009. He is presently studying with several tutors under the guidance of his spiritual Guru and Mentor H.E. Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche.

The 1st Domo Geshe Rinpoche Ngawang Kalsang studied at Tashi Lhunpo Monastery, Tibet from where he received his Kachen Degree.

The 2nd Domo Geshe Rinpoche Ngawang Jigme Wangchuk studied at Sera Monastery, Tibet till he received his Geshe Lingsa Degree.

The official seat and premier monastery of this profound lineage was Dhungkar Gonpa Monastery situated at Domo, Tibet. This monastery has remained loyal to its lineage and has accepted Losang Jigme Ngak-Gi Wangchuk as the true reincarnation of Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thor

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
Thank you again, to the people writing and sharing these beautiful tributes - much needed in a world that is now so discriminatory towards Lamas, just because their practices differ.

I especially love your approach to bring out the good instead of focusing on the bad of the situation. I think enough has been sad about the "badness" of the Dalai Lama and his cronies. How much more uplifting it is to read the stories of greatness and goodness that these Shugden lamas have brought to the world. I'm a firm believer that if we wish to share Dorje Shugden with others and have others gain faith in him, merely putting down the Dalai Lama won't work. People will look upon us and wonder if this is the result of a Dorje Shugden practitioner - to discredit another lama. People won't care that you are are correct or logical, they will simply see it as you criticising another Lama.

Anyway, so I do believe that articles like this are so much more fulfilling - they serve the purpose of bringing to light the immense contributions that these Lamas have brought out, and prove to the world, in another way, that Shugden is NOT harmful. 

If he really was, if Shugden practitioners are doomed to hell, then why are the great ones all back among us now? Some of them even recognised by the Dalai Lama himself, such as Trijang Rinpoche.

Thank you and please keep sharing. These reads are fascinating to me and have helped me and my Dharma community so very much.

Honeydakini, I really like what you said about sharing the good instead of the bad. How very true it is that criticism and highlighting others bad points doesnt bring about any good, in reality as well as karmically! It brings about no respect but instead, a bad impression from onlookers. And this is one of the reasons why I rather like this website of Dorje Shugden because the webmasters abide by the policy of not criticising others. And by their method, it surely seems that logic prevails as many have come to support the practice of Dorje Shugden (or at least stop criticising in public) through their constant gentle reminder of the great deeds of Shugden lamas and Shugden practitioners. This tribute to Domo Geshe Rinpoche is just one of the ways.

Reading this article inspired me to do some further research about Domo Geshe Rinpoche and I particularly liked this description of him by Lama Govinda, which for me, describes the essence of what every pure and sincere dharma master should be doing, whether or not they are Shugden practitioners.

"Tomo Geshe Rinpoche conceived the idea to bring the teachings of the Enlightened Ones not only to the people of his own country but to the world at large, irrespective of race, caste, colour or creed.

And so he stepped out of his quiet valley and travelled all over to the countries of the Himalayas and to the sacred places of Buddhism in India. And wherever he went he planted hope and inspiration in the hearts of men; he healed the sick, taught those who were ready to receive the truth of the Dharma, and left in his wake many a disciple to carry on the work which the Buddhas had ordained him to do."

So... judge not others by what they practice, but by what they do for humanity.

Big Uncle

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 10:11:04 AM »
We are very fortunate that Lama Tsongkhapa is still emanating into our world because that means that our collective merits is still quite high. He has always been a recluse and shies away from worldly fame and fortune so don't expect this great Lama to give big teachings and all that but he has been quite a revolutionary.

His previous life was the first Lama to establish monasteries outside of Tibet. His previous life was also quick to adopt Dorje Shugden and even installed a minister for him - Namkar Bardzin. Also, the Dorje Shugden oracle trained and established by him became tremendously famous in whole of Tibet. Even the very textbooks that the 3 great monasteries study today is through copies of the original ones that was sent by the second Domo Geshe Rinpoche after he was released from prison in Tibet. These are a few of the many great deeds of Domo Geshe Rinpoche and I have no doubt that he will quietly and surely work to increase the Dharma in the world just like his predecessor.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »
It is quite amazing to have Domo Geshe Rinpoche come back as his previous incarnations have been really high and erudite Lamas, who are very compassionate. He was the one who handed out bulletproof mani pills and he is famous for handing out medicines. He is also the one who tamed Namkha Barzin and binded him to Dorje Shugden. I hope he will teach in the near future.

dsiluvu

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 06:08:20 AM »
I've heard that this website helps many in despair about the BAN on Dorje Shugden. They come here to this website to get latest updates and information and to find some hope and courage. Some of them are actually High Lamas... perhaps the parents of this young high incarnate of Domo Geshe also got some courage to allow thie son to be recognised and enthroned. This site certainly sheds light and dispell doubts to what may seem stark and dark for us Shugden practitioners and it is such a great joy to know some form of help were given when it is most needed.

This holy reincarnation of one of the greatest present day Mahasiddhas was born in New York, USA on 2nd June, 2003 in the auspicious month of Saga Dawa to ethnic Sikkimese parents belonging to the Lingmo Kazi family who were orthodox Nyingmapas. Due to the great obstacles that usually accompany the birth of such an emanation and the degenerate times we live in, Rinpoche’s family faced unbelievable opposition and harassment. As such, it was only after establishing beyond any doubt that their son was indeed the true and unmistaken reincarnation of Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche that his parents finally consented to offer their only son two years after the recognition. During this period, Rinpoche revealed himself to his parents on many occasions and the miracles that accompanied him is legendary now among his devotees. Today the parents are convinced that they have done the right thing and are happy in the knowledge that they have had the privilege of playing a positive role in the continuation of this holy lineage.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 05:59:17 AM »
I've heard that this website helps many in despair about the BAN on Dorje Shugden. They come here to this website to get latest updates and information and to find some hope and courage. Some of them are actually High Lamas... perhaps the parents of this young high incarnate of Domo Geshe also got some courage to allow thie son to be recognised and enthroned. This site certainly sheds light and dispell doubts to what may seem stark and dark for us Shugden practitioners and it is such a great joy to know some form of help were given when it is most needed.

It is incredibly kind for Domo Geshe's parents to allow him to be recognized as Domo Geshe as it would be dangerous for their lives, on top of all the obstacles that the Dalai Lama's followers will create for them. But despite that they made the right decision to allow Domo Geshe Rinpoche to be recognized and to allow him to be accepted to the monastery. If the parents did not allow, then it would take a longer time for Domo Geshe Rinpoche to be a Lama and to benefit people. with so many Dorje Shugden Lamas emerging, the ban will surely come to an end very soon.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 04:37:56 PM »
The previous incarnation of Domo Geshe Rinpoche was the founder of Dungkar monastery and an erudite Lama who practised Dorje Shugden.  The 13th Dalai Lama equated Domo Geshe Rinpoche to be one with Je Tsongkapa and on his entering clear light, the Dalai Lama permitted his body to be entombed which is a privilege accorded only to Dalai Lamas.

In that incarnation, Domo Geshe Rinpoche tamed Namka Barzin and made him a member of DS entourage.

Now his incarnation is back and soon the Golden days of Dorje Shugden will flourish.

This post is very thorough with the history of Domo Geshe Rinpoche.