Author Topic: Extracted form another forum, look what they are saying...  (Read 4529 times)

thaimonk

Extracted form another forum, look what they are saying...
« on: July 09, 2010, 05:36:14 PM »
Date: Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 23:17
Subject: [vajrayana] Kechara World Peace Centre (KWPC)
To: Vajrayana <[email protected]>

Very little has been said or mentioned about them in Buddhist forums. But quietly they have grown by leaps and bounds behind the scene. At least that's what I have observed. They have crept their way into Penang and will most certainly establish themselves in due  time.

What is certain is this group cannot be ignored anymore. Once this Kechara World Peace Centre is completed, they would have put their mark as the numero uno of all Tibetan Buddhist centers in Malaysia. In case, you didnot know, the project is somewhere on the outskirts of KL and the building architecture looks very much like a tibetan monastery. Projects like this will certainly be a future tourist attraction in Malaysia and it goes without saying, that any government will love such projects. Who knows they may even get huge government grants and all that...for bringing in that valuable tourism dollars, just like Kek Lok Si. The building looks so big... like Potala Palace!!

The organisation led by Tsem Tulku Rinpoche has grown by so much in so few years.. attracting so many Datuks and Datins...celebrities...the all important journalists and main stream media of major newspapers... They even have their own publication house. And their books are sold in MPH elsewhere. And these books are authored by their own members such as the book titled "Call Me Paris".

What attribute to their success? A few I can list here:-

1. superb organisation skill
2. constant puja and retreat dedicated to their protector - Setrap
3. constant puja and retreat dedicated to Dzambala
4. they actually reach out to the community by making their stand on issues like non-killing of dolphins/whales, animal issues... environment issues...etc
5. making connections to kids
6. having teachings stream live all over the world via their justin tv
7. using new media such as blogs, facebooks, youtube, etc to reach out to many people globally
8. They have things like Kechara Kitchen Soup that reaches out to food lovers and housewives...

You can add more. etc etc etc

Let's not envy their success but objectively analyse their formula for external success..
Yes, these are merely external success. But if you read their members letters, it appears they are also successful in their practice... so you can think for yourself, where have they done that is right. 

Above all, I think they have good leadership. Good leadership is important to any centre's success.

I rest my case and let you guys ponder over it.

By the way, I donot attend their teachings nor a member not a student of Tsem Tulku. Hence my views expressed here are those from a "passer-by" only. In this email, I am neither jealous of them nor supporting them explicitly. But merely expressing my analysis just like an auditor checkign the accounts. Like I said, their tremendous success and their upcoming huge KWPC project, like them or not, you will sooner or later get to know them, ...even if it's just reading about them on the newspaper.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:45:04 PM by thaimonk »

thor

Re: Extracted form another forum, look what they are saying...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 03:24:04 AM »
8. They have things like Kechara Kitchen Soup that reaches out to food lovers and housewives...

That didnt look right. It is actually a soup kitchen that feeds the homeless.  ;)

Perhaps we all have something to learn from their growth. The author's conclusions raises valid points to consider for any Dharma center wishing to extend their reach. Those who manage Kechara apply a combination of modern management, soft marketing, utilization of internet resources and a strong dharma foundation.

Rejoicing in the success of other centres is a wonderful practice in itself.  May all centres flourish similarly.

Lineageholder

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 02:46:05 PM »
I rejoice, may Je Tsongkhapa's teachings reach all beings  :)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 05:30:40 PM »
i rejoice in the success of a Dharma centre which promotes Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings and lineage. I've looked at their website and they are EVERYWHERE - twitter, facebook, website. We can learn from them - perhaps we can use similar tools to promote Dorje Shugden. This group looks very progressive and organised, I'm sure it's all due to superb leadership. I think they are a great representation of Tsongkhapa!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 05:07:07 PM »
I am reviving this article as it talked about Kechara and Tsem Rinpoche in a positive way.  This article was from 2010.  Interesting.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 07:44:19 AM »
Thank you Dondrup Shugden for reviving this thread. It is always nice to read of positive comments on the success of others. What more, this is the good news on how a Buddhist organization is bringing so much benefits to everyone in their country.
I read that the organization is not only working towards benefiting those of Buddhist religion but everyone that needed help via the Kechara Soup Kitchen. And how wonderful it is that people all over the world can access teachings of H.E Tsem Rinpoche via the Internet and social media.

pgdharma

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:23:20 AM »
Thank you for reviving this thread. This article was from 2010 and it's been 5 years. I heard that Kechara Organisation has grown even bigger with many departments and the soup kitchen has expanded to many states in Malaysia, Indonesia and China. Also Tsem Rinpoche's teachings through his blog and you tube are well sought after. I have gone into His blog and there are so many articles to read and learn:)