Author Topic: Petition to the Dalai Lama  (Read 7710 times)

GreatWheel

• My blog
Petition to the Dalai Lama
« on: April 30, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »
Petition to the Dalai Lama

To the Dalai Lama of Tibet,

We the undersigned ask you to accomplish the following four things:

1. To give freedom to practise Dorje Shugden to whoever wishes to rely upon this Deity.
   2. To stop completely the discrimination between Shugden people and non-Shugden practitioners.
   3. To allow all Shugden monks and nuns who have been expelled from their monasteries and nunneries to return to their monasteries and nunneries where they should receive the same material and spiritual rights as the non-Shugden practitioners
   4. To tell the Tibetan community throughout the world in writing that they should practically apply the above three points.

Please sign!

http://petition.westernshugdensociety.org//index.php
The Effort is the attainment- Kadam Ace Remas

GreatWheel

• My blog
Re: Petition to the Dalai Lama
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »
Amazing!
In the time I posted this..there was only 46...now..149+!
This is wonderful news..keep it up!

GreatWheel

• My blog
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 06:14:32 AM »
unbelievable...over 900.
This is fantastic..and it's not only NKT people either.
One question;does Geshe Tsultrim Gyaltsen still pratice Dorje Shugden?

rainlute

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »
Geshe-la Gyeltsen was my first Lama. He is from Ganden Shartse, which has a very deep connection with our Protector. He is a very humble and conservative monk who keeps his practices secret. My guess would be that he does still rely on Gyelchen Shugden, yet is in the closet about it. To my knowledge, he has never spoken out against the practice. He is the type of monk who avoids any controversy.
He even mentions at some teachings that people should refrain from talking about the politics of Tibet while at the center.
Rainlute

a friend

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 03:33:23 PM »
he has never spoken out against the practice.... He even mentions at some teachings that people should refrain from talking about the politics of Tibet while at the center.

It's almost axiomatic. When a religious Tibetan refuses to talk politics and never talks about the issue of the Protector, you can bet the following:
1-He might be a hidden practitioner.
2-Even if he is not, at least you can be sure that he does not approve of Dharamsala's doings but he knows better than to bring more fire to the controversy.

En passant I must say that I myself used to prefer silence. It's only the stubborn intent of the Dalai Lama that prompted me and many to act again, in order to somehow protect the monks and restore the good name of our Lamas.
But of course, now that he himself forced us out of our silence we have to go and try to explain the whole mess to others, in a language that they can understand.
This is a more intimate, subtle harm that is being inflicted in our minds. There goes the secrecy of our sacred practices and the inexpressible reverence we have for our Gurus. Nowadays any ignoramus can talk about them, about our divine immaculate ones, as if they had been ordinary beings.

I only hope that our holy pure Lamas continue to protect our minds ... at least from hatred and loss of bodhicitta. But on our side we have to be extremely cautious not to separate our minds from our Lama's. If we manage to avoid hatred and retain a deep compassion for all, regardless of their condition of victims or tormentors, then we are safe.

Happily our Protector does just that: if we allow him, he protects our minds.